Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schoey saying in no uncertain terms that Dean Cox will not be coaching West Coast. Reckons Longmire won't be far off calling it a day, Cox to be Swans head coach within a couple of seasons.

They may not have been camped out there. Simmo was poking around asking about his job security and that found its way straight into the media. Reports of a board divide between whether he stays or goes may not be exaggerated. It seems to be the accepted code of conduct to white ant footy people through the media.

Personally I thought Simmo looked and sounded like he had already been told yesterday in that press conference. I hope that's not the case but it's the vibe I was getting.

His demeanour has certainly changed. Not sure if that should be taken as he’s been told he’s going but I think he’s concerned he doesn’t have the same confidence he has the board’s support that he had pre-derby

Until the derby I think he felt his position was secure but doubts have crept in since

This is not normal. The board traveled with the team when we played Essendon for annual regular planning meeting in Melbourne, and now have traveled to Melbourne again, reportedly to work through financial implications of potentially sacking Simpson.
Oh definitely not saying it is normal, just saying it is as we should expect regardless of whether they eventually move on Simmo or Nisbett or both or neither. The questions are rightly being asked - I'm just not sure yet whether they will see removing Simmo as being worth the luxury cap damage unless something can be sorted out with the AFL, for me it's line ball after yesterday.

Beats the excessive "nothing to see here" rhetoric from them earlier this year, at least they seem to be doing their job now, and glad they seem to be meeting without Nisbett in this instance.

I think it’s safe to assume the previous scheduled Monday morning execution was delayed due to the ‘optics’ of sacking the man after a stirring victory.

They’ll be annoyed - GC wheeling Hardwick out and the likes of Essendon shitting the bed would have served as good distractions for the Vic Media.

Wait until after the season now - or if Simpson pushes to know earlier to ‘send off the players and fans’ weigh up the pros and cons of doing so once the immediate sugar hit of victory has faded.

So Wednesday-Thursday if they go that way.

Sack him If the players fail to fire against Adelaide for Shuey and Hurn (and NN) and put in a lacklustre effort.

Keep him on for next season if WCE put in a positive showing so we have some cohesion and consistency to build on in 2024.

The posters that went "omg we had pick 2 the highest in decades and we split them, Sheezel is generational, what were we thinking, sack Simmo and Pieman and everyone" have just shifted onto "we should have tanked the Dogs game, Reid is generational, what were we thinking, sack Simmo and Nisbo and everyone"

I learnt to largely ignore them.
Sheezel is clearly a very talented talented player but let’s be honest as a double deal Hewett and Ginbey are better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheezel is clearly a very talented talented player but let’s be honest as a double deal Hewett and Ginbey are better

That's precisely the point - we had loads of naysayers last year who bemoaned us passing up possible generational talent by splitting pick 2.

The way things are going, two of Hewett and Ginbey are worth one Sheezel.

If our pick 2/3/whatever ends up contributing well and showing signs, the same who bemoaned us picking up this win against the Dogs will shift their target.

"Tensions are sky-high"

Literally everyone in the photo is laughing
dr-evil-evil-laugh.gif

That's precisely the point - we had loads of naysayers last year who bemoaned us passing up possible generational talent by splitting pick 2.

The way things are going, two of Hewett and Ginbey are worth one Sheezel.

If our pick 2/3/whatever ends up contributing well and showing signs, the same who bemoaned us picking up this win against the Dogs will shift their target.
Admittedly I was a bit disappointed to win but worse case scenario we get one of Colby or Curtin not a bad position to be in

His demeanour has certainly changed. Not sure if that should be taken as he’s been told he’s going but I think he’s concerned he doesn’t have the same confidence he has the board’s support that he had pre-derby

Until the derby I think he felt his position was secure but doubts have crept in since
I think his demeanour changed when he was accused of tanking by Cornes, Buckley and co. Especially by Buckley who should know better being a former coach. Simmo has thick skin, but everybody has a breaking point. I hope he enjoys his break at the end of the year.

Nope the board needs to look at the totallity of two years and understand this.

What exactly has changed since this year and last. A member said we had one extra win this year yay....

We finished second last 2022 and we finished second last 2023. Are we going to magically rise next year? Or are we going to wooden spoon in which case he's got to go
Are we going to be wooden spooners next year?

Bottom 2.

But look at the list. Who's getting a meteoric rise next year? The state of our list is shizzen.

Simmo should stay.

Admittedly I was a bit disappointed to win but worse case scenario we get one of Colby or Curtin not a bad position to be in

It's okay to be disappointed if you were thinking Harley Reid has now gone to North and we may have missed out on 'generational talent'. It's also okay to be disappointed that the level of effort we saw on Sunday was only evident in about a handful of games this year.

It's not okay to be actively barracking for your own club to keep losing or to aspire to Melbourne/Carlton levels of tanking. If we are so shit we get pick 1 and Reid, so be it, but it shouldn't be because we're leaving Oscar Allen on the bench or playing Noah Long as a key defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back