Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

You blokes will get sucked in by anything.

There is no way known Buckley is going to publicly acknowledge he had a phone conversation with Treloar about the senior players not wanting him.

Instead of moaning like a bitch about the constant innuendo and rumour being disrespectufl, he could make a press statement or or tweet about how Treloar is a vital part of the club's future and won't be going anywhere.

Adam is gone, pretty clearly - but I'm glad Nathan has produced something, as that report of 'senior players don't want you here' was damning if true.

The meeeeeeeedia will be happy - they can now "unpack" Buckleys comments and spend a whole day or two speculating on what that could mean.

You blokes will get sucked in by anything.

There is no way known Buckley is going to publicly acknowledge he had a phone conversation with Treloar about the senior players not wanting him.

Instead of moaning like a b*tch about the constant innuendo and rumour being disrespectufl, he could make a press statement or or tweet about how Treloar is a vital part of the club's future and won't be going anywhere.

Bucks never said he isn’t going anywhere because he doesn’t know. Do you want him to lie?

For all we know and we know Jack s...t, the ongoing discussions may involve working out logistics of Adam going to and from Qld. Why do we always have to think the worst of our club because the media are looking for headlines.

it may well end up being true that we are looking to free salary space. We wouldn’t be the firest or last to do so.

The tweet from Buckley is necessary as it outright disproves this baseless assertion that senior players would voice such concerns and the matter would play out like this.

I'm inclined to believe Buckley as, if it's true, Treloar will simply refute what Buckley has said and that's an even bigger media shit storm.

If this is true, Collingwood has well and truly tanked Treloar’s value.

No team is going to willingly want to trade a first round pick, knowing that there is no chance Treloar is going back to Collingwood. If the senior players don’t want him, they have to trade him and accept whatever low ball offer is received from opposition clubs. This is no longer just a cap dump. It’s a culture thing.
he's an exceptional player that just doesnt fit our on field needs nor out salary cap - we'll still get pick 5 from GC

Dear Other Clubs,

We like Adam very much. He footballs alright really well.

He is a barely tolerated much loved member of our community. We put up with him embrace Adam, despite because of his mental issues sensitivity.

In 2018, we transcended Brayden Maynard's desire to smash things and collectively embraced the Japanese art of kintsugi. This involved taking some broken pots and putting them back together, so that the repair job looks even more lovely than something unbroken.

Since then, we have realised that the principles of kintsugi are not easily applied to list management.

Adam Treloar has become a spare fragment integral part of our team, but we'd like to share his services with the wider football community. He is an excrement excitement machine, please give us a valuable draft pick in return.

With love and respect, always.

Collingwood Football and Entertainment Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the go here? The treloar situation is big news here in the west. Apparently Buckley's a nice guy... can't see him outing treloar like this.
Just another media beat up with no factual evidence to support it - it could possibly be true but as usual the media can publish whatever they like with no proof and not be liable for a defamation case.
In that sort of climate the media just do what they please.

Or it was taken out of context completely and requoted with massive amounts of poetic licence.

I don’t disagree that the players would have great concerns about his ability to perform at his best with his proposed living arrangements. Everybody does except apparently him and this is the basis of the problem.

(especially if rumours are true that he wants a four day working week)
Poetic license my @RSE.
Plain lies and twisted facts to fuel their usual agenda.

Just another media beat up with no factual evidence to support it - it could possibly be true but as usual the media can publish whatever they like with no proof and not be liable for a defamation case.
In that sort of climate the media just do what they please.
It's a bullshit claim IMO. Until Treloar comes out and says something I wouldn't believe it.

Buckley did not say that he wants to keep him, so make of that what you will. The comment re the players not being part of list management is true but if they are unhappy they will and can let the club know. In short, Buckley just confirmed they are trying to move him on. It's all very odd, Buckley was a huge fan or Treloar and vice versa.

Seriously, other than the black and white and the fact it's Collingwood, is there anything to like about us anymore? We need a massive refresh. McGuire needs to go.
Only a positive trade & draft period and pulling premiership out of our a**** next year will make me eat me words....

Buckley did not say that he wants to keep him, so make of that what you will. The comment re the players not being part of list management is true but if they are unhappy they will and can let the club know. In short, Buckley just confirmed they are trying to move him on. It's all very odd, Buckley was a huge fan or Treloar and vice versa.

I took it as they are still rather Trade Treloar but we are not being Pricks about it

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back