Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

One the one hand it could destroy the fabric of the team and the club but I really like the ruthlessness of the move. If he kicked like Buckley I don’t think they’d entertain letting him go.

I mean...

Forget Daniher for pick 7, at this rate Crows will get PICK 2 FOR BRAD CROUCH, and we get late 1st/early 2nd for Treloar......................

Good job Collingwood list management

Interesting article:

You have to meet me halfway': Ravaillion and Treloar content with Queensland netball comeback

Kim Ravaillion had a few Super Netball clubs offer her a chance to play again after the birth of her baby Georgie, but given her premiership-winning history with the Queensland Firebirds she couldn't resist going back to the club that handed her a chance as a youngster.
Ravaillion - the 27-year-old Netball World Championship and Commonwealth Games gold medal winner with Australia, who is engaged to Collingwood AFL player Adam Treloar - said the decision to live away from her partner was difficult but planned for "a very long time".
"Obviously this decision didn’t come easily," Ravaillion told The Age. "I said to him [Adam] after taking a break from the national team that my career is not over.

Kim Ravaillion.

Kim Ravaillion.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

"I said ‘if I wanted to come back and play netball you have to meet me halfway’.

"And he basically said ‘whatever you want’, and he is super supportive with all my ambitions and I am so grateful to have him.
"He makes me feel super comfortable and excited for the journey ahead. Then Georgie came into the world and we kind of went with the flow."
Ravaillion didn't know for sure if she would be able to come back to professional netball after giving birth to Georgie in March. She says she was lucky to train right up to giving birth, but waited about four weeks post birth before going on a proper run.
Kim Ravaillion, playing for the Diamonds.

Kim Ravaillion, playing for the Diamonds.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

The first coronavirus lockdown then gave her plenty of time to train and test her body. This increased after spending over 100 days in Collingwood's Queensland hub, juggling training and caring for Georgie.

She was lucky too that Georgie's birth went smoothly, and then that Treloar was fully supportive of her desire to play for the Firebirds again.

It all meant she was ready to field offers for her return to netball after taking the 2020 season off, following three seasons at Collingwood.

"He understands, being an athlete," Ravaillion says. "We are both so young and we are not finished yet. We both agreed we are doing it for her [Georgie] and we don’t want to sit back and think ‘what if? What could have been?’

"We only have sporting careers for so long and it’s only the first part of your life. I don’t want it to end now.
"It would be so different if we were on the other side of the world from each other but it’s only interstate.

"So many people think it is such a big deal but Adam and I are so independent and we always knew it would be hard with our first child – Georgie is going to be well travelled – but we are so young and we want to enjoy this life as much as we can, doing what we love.
"And that’s what we want to encourage Georgie to do. That’s just the way we are."
The daughter of two extraordinary sportspeople, Georgie is already displaying signs of athleticism.
"She loves the Jolly Jumper. It’s like a 20-minute break for me. I just chuck her in it and she's fine."

Interesting article:

You have to meet me halfway': Ravaillion and Treloar content with Queensland netball comeback

Kim Ravaillion had a few Super Netball clubs offer her a chance to play again after the birth of her baby Georgie, but given her premiership-winning history with the Queensland Firebirds she couldn't resist going back to the club that handed her a chance as a youngster.
Ravaillion - the 27-year-old Netball World Championship and Commonwealth Games gold medal winner with Australia, who is engaged to Collingwood AFL player Adam Treloar - said the decision to live away from her partner was difficult but planned for "a very long time".
"Obviously this decision didn’t come easily," Ravaillion told The Age. "I said to him [Adam] after taking a break from the national team that my career is not over.

Kim Ravaillion.

Kim Ravaillion.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

"I said ‘if I wanted to come back and play netball you have to meet me halfway’.

"And he basically said ‘whatever you want’, and he is super supportive with all my ambitions and I am so grateful to have him.
"He makes me feel super comfortable and excited for the journey ahead. Then Georgie came into the world and we kind of went with the flow."
Ravaillion didn't know for sure if she would be able to come back to professional netball after giving birth to Georgie in March. She says she was lucky to train right up to giving birth, but waited about four weeks post birth before going on a proper run.
Kim Ravaillion, playing for the Diamonds.

Kim Ravaillion, playing for the Diamonds.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

The first coronavirus lockdown then gave her plenty of time to train and test her body. This increased after spending over 100 days in Collingwood's Queensland hub, juggling training and caring for Georgie.

She was lucky too that Georgie's birth went smoothly, and then that Treloar was fully supportive of her desire to play for the Firebirds again.

It all meant she was ready to field offers for her return to netball after taking the 2020 season off, following three seasons at Collingwood.

"He understands, being an athlete," Ravaillion says. "We are both so young and we are not finished yet. We both agreed we are doing it for her [Georgie] and we don’t want to sit back and think ‘what if? What could have been?’

"We only have sporting careers for so long and it’s only the first part of your life. I don’t want it to end now.
"It would be so different if we were on the other side of the world from each other but it’s only interstate.

"So many people think it is such a big deal but Adam and I are so independent and we always knew it would be hard with our first child – Georgie is going to be well travelled – but we are so young and we want to enjoy this life as much as we can, doing what we love.
"And that’s what we want to encourage Georgie to do. That’s just the way we are."
The daughter of two extraordinary sportspeople, Georgie is already displaying signs of athleticism.
"She loves the Jolly Jumper. It’s like a 20-minute break for me. I just chuck her in it and she's fine."

Meeting half way means at least Sydney 😂

Nothing there to argue with. No mention of AT visiting a couple of days a week either...?

I would say arrangements for AT to be able to see his family during the week, would be inhouse discussions with the club, as any ideas on how to achieve that wouldn't be set in concrete.
Also the article doesn't suggest that she will only be in Qld for just the 10 months. Sounds to me she plans to get as much out of the remaining years of her career in Qld.

I would say arrangements for AT to be able to see his family during the week, would be inhouse discussions with the club, as any ideas on how to achieve that wouldn't be set in concrete.
Also the article doesn't suggest that she will only be in Qld for just the 10 months. Sounds to me she plans to get as much out of the remaining years of her career in Qld.
Agree with that, I think Adam staying in Melbourne is hedging in case she doesn’t regain her pre pregnancy form, but if she does and is given a longer contract I cannot see Adam wanting to live apart permanently.

I think our club recognised that and figure it’s best to loose him now rather than wait a year with the risk that any compensation could be reduced should his form drop off.

All the rest of the public noise is just pr battles, but from my point of view I just see each party acting in their interests. No villains here imo.

I’ll be shattered if AT leaves.

Unfortunately it will be a given, l think.
I thought during the week that the club may now reside to actually keeping him, but
after reading the article today in the Age with AT's wife, l think she is in for the long haul in Qld, with the Firebirds who she won a championship with before.
I'm also gathering she enjoys living in Qld, and wants to be up there as long as she possibly can, so in saying that, l can see the method behind the madness of why and what the club wants to do with this matter.

Agree with that, I think Adam staying in Melbourne is hedging in case she doesn’t regain her pre pregnancy form, but if she does and is given a longer contract I cannot see Adam wanting to live apart permanently.

I think our club recognised that and figure it’s best to loose him now rather than wait a year with the risk that any compensation could be reduced should his form drop off.

All the rest of the public noise is just pr battles, but from my point of view I just see each party acting in their interests. No villains here imo.

She was/is one of the best netballers in the country, so you would think she will become one of the Firebirds pivotal players in chasing another championship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought during the week that the club may now reside to actually keeping him, but
after reading the article today in the Age with AT's wife, l think she is in for the long haul in Qld, with the Firebirds who she won a championship with before.
I'm also gathering she enjoys living in Qld, and wants to be up there as long as she possibly can, so in saying that, l can see the method behind the madness of why and what the club wants to do with this matter.

Its thats not going to work for Treloar going to another Melbourne club then.

Brisbane have ruled him out.

Its yes to the Suns or he stays at Collingwood!!

If this is true I can’t understand why AT wouldn’t just request a trade. Doesn’t make sense.

I actually think the article is fine from Ralphy. I agree with it - the way the club has handled the situation is just poor.

How do we know the situation is being handled poorly by the club?
I think there is alot going on behind the scenes with AT and his family moving up to Qld. Again referencing the Age article, l don't think his wife has any intention of returning to Melbourne after 1 year in Qld.
We don't know the full story, neither does Jon Ralph, Kane Cornes, Matthew Lloyd or any media person. All their comments are based on how they see it, without knowing the full details or conversations held between the club, AT and his family.

Its thats not going to work for Treloar going to another Melbourne club then.

Brisbane have ruled him out.

Its yes to the Suns or he stays at Collingwood!!

That's why l think an agreement will come at some point during the trade period with the Suns. We may have to cough up a little bit more towards his salary to get the deal done, with something additional coming our way from the Suns.

Nah, something to get pick 3 and Parker.

Sier, Treloar, 16 and ???

For 3 & Parker
That would be a hectic trade. Would love it. Parker gets a heap of contested footy, gets clearances and lays tackles. 6 months older than Treloar but a lot more durable.

I think Sydney would need quite a bit of sweetener to get it done, but if the price was right... imagine.

Our midfield would be:
C: Daicos - Parker - Sidebottom
FOLL: Grundy - Pendlebury - Adams
Forward rotations: De Goey - Elliott (if need be)

That would be a hectic trade. Would love it. Parker gets a heap of contested footy, gets clearances and lays tackles. 6 months older than Treloar but a lot more durable.

I think Sydney would need quite a bit of sweetener to get it done, but if the price was right... imagine.

Our midfield would be:
C: Daicos - Parker - Sidebottom
FOLL: Grundy - Pendlebury - Adams
Forward rotations: De Goey - Elliott (if need be)

Is this Luke Parker? Has been a grest player, but not keen, as his body has taken a pounding over the years.

Hypohetical and I know the answer will be no - would Treloar, Stephenson and next years first rounder, be a fair deal for Rowell? What would be a fair deal?

Treloar, De Goey? would that get it done?

Is this Luke Parker? Has been a grest player, but not keen, as his body has taken a pounding over the years.

Hypohetical and I know the answer will be no - would Treloar, Stephenson and next years first rounder, be a fair deal for Rowell? What would be a fair deal?
I trust Parker's body - seems to be made of iron and looks as if he does a tonne of offseason and pre-season work. I rate him.

I think in a vacuum that's an overpay on our side. Top-25 midfielder in the competition, a bloke who can kick 40 in any year and a 1st round pick for a bloke who played 5 games. I think Treloar and Stephenson are both worth top 10 picks to be honest. In spite of that, Gold Coast would also say no in the instance Rowell turns into a Judd-type. Even Judd was traded for Josh Kennedy, pick 3 and pick 20. If it's given that Treloar = top 10 pick and Stephenson = top 10 pick then I think a package of those two and a 1st rounder is similar in value to the deal Carlton made for Judd, and Judd had won a Brownlow and a Norm Smith

Rowell is going to be a jet, but it's way too early to think about him being traded. It's also too early to trade Stephenson (despite the fact that we might).

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back