Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know in my personal circumstances my wife and I make decisions on what is better for us financially. But that’s just us as we are mid tier battlers with two primary school aged kids.

Maybe the financial aspect isn’t the be all and end all for the Treloars’ especially when one partner has been earning $500k plus for years.

From what I’ve read Kim wants to have one last crack at playing for Australia at the Olympics next year. She was a foundation Magpies netball player from what I’m lead to believe but she thinks playing in a successful team in Qld will increase her chance of getting to the Tokyo Olympics. At her age (and talk they want more kids) it might be her last chance. If that’s deemed selfish in your eyes then so be it.

You say why can’t she find a netball contract in the same state? I ask you why can’t Adam find a contract of equal value to what he’s getting (if financial considerations are so important) in Queensland?

I know you haven’t meant for your post to come off sexist but it doesn’t read that well on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I pointed out that couples make decisions together, I know it reads poorly.

Then Doc gets on his high horse with the name calling. I am entitled to my opinion.

My last two sentences were “I’ll call it, she’s selfish. Or he is expecting big money and not entertaining a move”.

It should have been “I’ll call it either she’s selfish or he is, expecting big money and not entertaining a move”.

So I did try to address Adams ability to seek employment in QLD, its early days but he seems to have rejected this idea.

Get in Carman’s ear.

Ditto Jason Cloke 2002.

Ditto Anthony Rocca 2003 Prelim.

Abduct Malthouse in the coaches’ box 2011.

Tell Tay not to pass to the runner in 2018...

... I could go on.
Cut Jim O'Dea's legs off too

I hope, if as it seems, Treloar does not want to go that the club fully supports him in staying at the pies.

This could be nothing but a media beat up. The club may have quite rightly asked Treloar if he was interested in a trade north given his changed circumstances. Nothing wrong with that.

However, hope we have not gone past that and are actively trying to shop him around.

Last edited:
I feel very uncomfortable about the idea of trading Treloar. He is clearly a very loyal Collingwood man who wants to stay. Degoey is clearly shopping himself around to the best offer and holding us to a huge payout to keep him. Why do we reward those who threaten to leave unless the price is right and reward selfish players like Degoey. Trade him and keep Treloar.

Just read an article from Jay Clark today about
De Goey. All pretty obvious stuff but the most interesting part of the article for me was the mention that Treloar only kicked one goal for the year and according to CD only had 3 score involvements for the season. That’s terrible for an offensive midfielder. Maybe that’s why they want his salary off the books!

I feel very uncomfortable about the idea of trading Treloar. He is clearly a very loyal Collingwood man who wants to stay. Degoey is clearly shopping himself around to the best offer and holding us to a huge payout to keep him. Why do we reward those who threaten to leave unless the price is right and reward selfish players like Degoey. Trade him and keep Treloar.

Do you think Richmond should have traded Dustin Martin when he shopped himself around a few years ago?

Big difference. Martin was worth every cent. Degoey has rarely played to an elite level in any season. Dusty does it every week. What sort of bloke shops himself around like he is an elite gun when he has one top ten finish in the Copeland and that was 8th.
I might add that Martin actually got the million dollar offer and he rejected it for less money because he loved his mates and the tiger army.
Loyalty won out.
But we will stab a passionate, dedicated Collingwood man in the back. I think it will have a detrimental effect on the spirit of the players if it happens.

What sort of bloke shops himself around like he is an elite gun when he has one top ten finish in the Copeland and that was 8th.

One who on the face of it is getting poor advice from someone who is too close to him. He really needs a manager; they would have set him straight on how this should have been handled. At a cost of 3%

De Goey. All pretty obvious stuff but the most interesting part of the article for me was the mention that Treloar only kicked one goal for the year and according to CD only had 3 score involvements for the season. That’s terrible for an offensive midfielder. Maybe that’s why they want his salary off the books!

The one goal was a decent goal.

But the points raised in the article are very valid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one goal was a decent goal.

But the points raised in the article are very valid.
Degoey is supposed to be our gun forward and nightmare match up for the opposition and he kicked 14 goals in ten games. Wow. When he goes into the middle he wins the ball well but his disposal is atrocious. He kicks grubbers, floaters and inside out torpedoes 7 out of every ten clearances.

Big difference. Martin was worth every cent. Degoey has rarely played to an elite level in any season. Dusty does it every week. What sort of bloke shops himself around like he is an elite gun when he has one top ten finish in the Copeland and that was 8th.
I might add that Martin actually got the million dollar offer and he rejected it for less money because he loved his mates and the tiger army.
Loyalty won out.
But we will stab a passionate, dedicated Collingwood man in the back. I think it will have a detrimental effect on the spirit of the players if it happens.

Not good for the Locker Room

Another Fox Footy article on Treloar.

IF he gets traded and IF he stays in Vic the Saints have already publicly stated they’d love to add another elite mid. If he went there what would they need to give us? Not sure pick 15 or next years 1st would cut it.

I would hate it but Essendon would probably be the best destination for us in terms of picks available and/or a Merrett to replace.

The Saints don't have enough to offer - best they could do is pick 15 and what would potentially be a 2021 pick in the teens.

Sydney, Hawthorn or Gold Coast would appear to be the only potentially viable trading partners in a deal for Treloar in terms of getting a first round draft pick that will allow us to get one of the top 5 kids in the draft.

You can count Hawthorn out almost straight away as they are in full on rebuild mode now and probably wouldn't want Treloar. Sydney may be possible as getting Treloar in for their first round pick + having access to two other academy prospects might work for them, but I'm not sure if they have anyone they'd want to part with who we'd like to have come across as "steak knives" (I'd like to get my hands on Dylan Stephens but that's highly unlikely).

Essendon would be a no-go zone as Dodoro is a well known ass at the trade table and wouldn't offer us much, in addition pick 7 might not be early enough anyway to secure who we want in the first round.

Everyone other club either has incentive to hold onto their early pick or don't have a first round pick that is early enough.

Last edited:

I get the general gist of what you're saying, but according to afl.com Treloar had 42 score involvements this season.

I get the general gist of what you're saying, but according to afl.com Treloar had 42 score involvements this season.

I would not Belive what the Jurno's say as Truth hurts there Story

they've mixed up score involvements with goal assists, he had 3 goal assists. He alone scored 1.4 which is more than 3 score involvements obviously.

they've mixed up score involvements with goal assists, he had 3 goal assists. He alone scored 1.4 which is more than 3 score involvements obviously.

True, and yet, 3 goal assists is still scheizen housen for a bloke who we want sending it inside 50 as much as Treloar.

Still, I do not want to trade him. I hope he stays.

If not, I'd prefer that we got a proven player who fills a gap than a high draft pick.

For example, a previous poster said that the Saints don't have anything to give us for Treloar. I don't agree. I'd prefer pick 15 and Jack Lonie to a pick 4-8 from another club, for example, because Lonie addresses a need IMO

The big difference between Collingwood and StKilda in 2010 was that our midfielders were all goalkickers, with Didak Davis Beams Swan Sidebottom Thomas Pendlebury and Wellingham all kicking 15+ (plus Caff if you want to count him), compared to only Schneider Goddard Montagna and Dal Santo. Ironically our only midfielder who didnt impact the scoreboard was Luke Ball... who we picked up from StKilda!!

Treloars career best is 14...and that was when he was at the Giants. Its definitely a deficiency in his game.

Wont lie, I haven't watched many games this Season but from what I've seen it looks like Joshy Daicos is going to be an absolute gem, if Treloar gets moved on do you see Joshy slotting into the a similar role Treloar has with the team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Adam Treloar (Traded to Bulldogs 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back