News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I am embarrassed to give my money to this club at the moment. 14 years of membership, and I don't feel like giving them another cent until this camp stuff gets adequately addressed and resolved.

Jenkins was painted as the bad guy. The disruptive child in the classroom who needed to be put out on the corridor for the benefit of the rest of the class. But reading his article makes me feel ashamed I believe anything from the club anymore. Seems more like he was just one of the few who had balls to stand up and say no, I feel this is unsafe and wrong.

I am embarrassed to give my money to this club at the moment. 14 years of membership, and I don't feel like giving them another cent until this camp stuff gets adequately addressed and resolved.

Jenkins was painted as the bad guy. The disruptive child in the classroom who needed to be put out on the corridor for the benefit of the rest of the class. But reading his article makes me feel ashamed I believe anything from the club anymore. Seems more like he was just one of the few who had balls to stand up and say no, I feel this is unsafe and wrong.
I went to my sons footy training last night, went to put on a crows jacket. Thought twice about it and grabbed something else.

I went to my sons footy training last night, went to put on a crows jacket. Thought twice about it and grabbed something else.
I don't think feeling this way is wrong. These camp people watched too many Spielberg movies. The mental stability of the people who thought this was a good idea needs to be assessed.

Listening to 5aa today is horrific, apologists, defending Chapman…embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There are so many supporters who treat the AFC as a church, can't believe they ever do anything wrong or stupid. They should just shut up and count their Crowsary beads and keep off the airwaves.

Horrific and embarrassing is a good way to describe those apologist supporters.

Roo cannot survive surely. Rory needs to hand in his badge as well.

Port supporters really aren't that bright sometimes.

I just saw over on their board that a few of them were trying to attack us over the letter that Betts recevied. Given that there is a 99% chance that the letter more than likely came from one of their supporters, it's hardly a fire that I would be throwing any kerosene on.

What happened to Betts goes beyond football. The 'joy' many or them are taking from the Betts revelations is a true indicator of the kind of humans they really are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graham Cornes I think is making the classic mistake of under estimation what mental torture can do.

What it sounds to me with those still defending the camp etc is they are confusing the extremely tough mentally challenging physical camps with a camp designed to purely character assassinate and tear apart someone's mentality.

This was also my mistake as I didnt understand the details.

I was relentlessly bullied in high school and too this day I suffer depression, anxiety and ptsd, not to mention I had a boss who was also a bully. Now I am kicking myself because I should have recognised this early.

Now Graham, is someone who clearly was never bullied or he would understood. To him, the players should be just tougher and deal with it. This is no doubt Roos issue, Burton, Pyke, etc none of them were bullied, they no doubt simply never understood just what damage mental disintegration can do.

"The next lot will be better"
"It's not the club, it was just those in charge"

I don't believe either statement anymore. I think I'm done.

🤷‍♂️

How can they say this when 80% of the club’s top brass — the people ultimately in charge of signing off on the employment of every person at the club — are completely unaccountable to members, or basically anyone except themselves.

Just imagine for a second any credible member-based organization trying to sell to those members that the board of directors will appoint and re-appoint each other ad infinitum.

The truly amazing thing is that supporters keep expecting anything different under this sort of perverted structure.

Surely not surprised Gibbs came out negative about camp and waiting for Brad to have his say .
Same also that Josh did as he loves to be in media although of course the use of taunts on his up bringing is extremely poor.
This was the case also for Eddie and in his case should have been followed up on.
Not sure though there has been a lot of new revelations re the camp and whilst maybe the club should look at the few left that responsible for this camp especially the Football Director Roo and ascertain whether they should remain in their roles.
Whilst not wanting to take away the seriousness of how poor the content of camp was , the whole camp saga only been revived by a chapter used for the launch of a new book and not too sure what can be done about, only maybe AFL look at camp structures and closer review of complaints of this nature.
Whilst can't defend Pyke too strongly as he surely could have stepped in once noticed the nature of camp, but I do remember the press conference where my good walking ego friend Burton was glossing over how good the camp was but Pyke did open up to say lot of aspects of camp wasn't right.
But the camp only highlighted the stupidity of board in particular Roo in appointing and then promoting Burton to roles was not qualified or capable of .

Melbourne's players railed against their coaches and got their stupid camp cancelled

Yes, ideally you'd have leaders not doing idiotic things like this but no one anywhere on the ladder did anything. Just went along

Of course the architects are the ones who are culpable but a chance for leadership and the playing group banding together missed
Jenkins tried..... we all hated him for it.

There is also the possibility Sloane and Tex thought the camp had merit.

Hearing Gibbs it sounds like they were manipulated.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There are so many supporters who treat the AFC as a church, can't believe they ever do anything wrong or stupid. They should just shut up and count their Crowsary beads and keep off the airwaves.

Horrific and embarrassing is a good way to describe those apologist supporters.

Roo cannot survive surely. Rory needs to hand in his badge as well.

To be fair most of the callers are upset and it’s the hosts defending!!

And I’m only listening because it’s my link back to SA and I can only listen to talkback whilst studying.

The hosts refuse to put any blame on Roo, Chapman…anyone but the coaches.

Listening to 5aa today is horrific, apologists, defending Chapman…embarrassing

Graham Cornes and KG are part of the ADC Boys Club. Wouldn't expect any different

The pleasing thing with our current club leaders, no association with the club before appointed.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope at a minimum Burton is blacklisted from the club. I don't ever want to see that campaigner hand over a guernsey to a first gamer.

I get what you’re saying but you need to direct your anger at top brass.

They employed the idiots who tore the club apart, and then held a review which sacked all those idiots and didn’t touch top brass with a fu*cking barge pole.

It’s ****ing incredible what AFC board members have gotten away with over the years. Nobody can lay a glove on any of these pr*cks.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back