News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading between the lines, the board was not aware about the camp. This has Chapman’s and AFL hands over the confidentiality part. Apparently that club wants this matter to be settled in court.

This from Jenkins' statement is to me one of the more amazing things:

They engaged in activites where they berated Tex??

On what planet would anyone think that was a good idea? The CAPTAIN OF THE CLUB!!! And let's be frank, the heart and soul of the club.

What an utter s**t show
It's little wonder that the few years after the GF he was a shadow of his former self - regardless of if he was playing injured at the time

Apparently had no input about the camp

I dont think anyone blames Roo directly for the camp apart from hiring someone who wasn't up to the job to plan it.

He is certainly responsible along with other Board members still at the club for how it was handled in the years afterwards.

Let's also not pretend there are not plenty of benefits for Roo being on the board. It definitely helps with his media profile.

Reading between the lines, the board was not aware about the camp. This has Chapman’s and AFL hands over the confidentiality part. Apparently that club wants this matter to be settled in court.
How could they not be aware? Even if not at the time, down the track they must've asked questions, yet they still didn't act.

Jenkins tried..... we all hated him for it.

There is also the possibility Sloane and Tex thought the camp had merit.

Hearing Gibbs it sounds like they were manipulated.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The players inherently trust the decisions by their coaching. It's just how sports work. They trusted them that the right decision was to build their mental strength instead of building trust in themselves. They were 100% manipulated.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

How could they not be aware? Even if not at the time, down the track they must've asked questions, yet they still didn't act.
Due to the Poor Governance issues highlighted in the Dunstall/Pavlich review.

Still should be removed now though.

I have noticed a bizarre reaction from the predominantly over 60-70s on facebook my parents and their friends in relation to this - they really seem to lack the ability to understand mental anguish and the role it plays in todays society.

Even listening to callers on the media the older people seem to be of the harden up philosophy- maybe it’s just me - but part of the issue seems to be the divide of those whose early life was employers who behaved as those involved in this camp behaved - and the it didn’t do me any harm mindset that their own life experiences has led to.

It is a need to really educate those who cannot see the wrong and believe we are raising our kids soft - to understand the world has changed.

Just so baffled by these sentiments

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Graham just doesn't get it.

The cheap strategy by the camp in disguise of expertise appears nothing more than target those with childhood trauma.

Grahams also in confidence attitude seems to be heavily reliant on those telling him things being accurate which he always thinks it is. And Eddie proved him wrong.
He did the same with dank, gets in close to them (CM) and likes to paint them as misunderstood.

Recording of Greg Griffin talking about the class action with 7+ players, now on triple M
Many, many players involved. A lot more than 7. Want full facts to come out, and financial compensation.

Due to the Poor Governance issues highlighted in the Dunstall/Pavlich review.

Still should be removed now though.

Absolutely should be removed now.
They still decided to use the players who had a problem with it as ballast to help “move on”.
Indicates that hierarchy still maintained that players were part of the problem which they were clearly not.

Apparently had no input about the camp
Honestly, he probably didn't.

But he had input in those who CHOSE to don't be camp, and he would have input into how we responded to the controversy.

I have noticed a bizarre reaction from the predominantly over 60-70s on facebook my parents and their friends in relation to this - they really seem to lack the ability to understand mental anguish and the role it plays in todays society.

Even listening to callers on the media the older people seem to be of the harden up philosophy- maybe it’s just me - but part of the issue seems to be the divide of those whose early life was employers who behaved as those involved in this camp behaved - and the it didn’t do me any harm mindset that their own life experiences has led to.

It is a need to really educate those who cannot see the wrong and believe we are raising our kids soft - to understand the world has changed.

People not understanding the "why wait so long? It happened 4 years ago" bit too.

Like I've had things happen in my life at the time I didn't think we're a big deal. I just kinda went "OK, that happened" and moved on, but when you go back and think about it and reflect it you say "Actually, that was pretty ****ed up". I started seeing a psychologist because of anxiety issues and told her a bunch of stuff that I had always kinda brushed aside because "it's in the past" and she was like "Yea, that wasn't normal or OK what happened to you" and it takes someone else saying that to give you an outsider perspective almost for it to all kinda click and to see it outside your own feelings and get a better understanding of what occured. Basically it kinda boiled down to "If you deal with something for long enough you'll start to think your feelings are normal, but that doesn't necessarily mean they should be"

I guess for a lot of generations that was kinda a bury it deep and don't think about it and just get on with your life type attitude that doesn't happen as much today.

There is 100% a generational divide about this.

People 30 and under have a lot more compassion for men's mental health - it just wasn't discussed in the same way 20+ years ago

The board (including Roo) may not be directly responsible for planning or approving the camp, but they are absolutely responsible for hiring the people that did plan and approve the camp.

The lack of due diligence in hiring someone like Brett Burton as Head of Football was astounding. That's what they are responsible for. And that's why they must resign

Recording of Greg Griffin talking about the class action with 7+ players, now on triple M
**** me.

At this point, I'd rather they just closed the club and I can just walk away from ever following the AFL.

It's so saddening being stuck in this Groundhog Day.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back