News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost irrelevant at this point whether Roo was in some way responsible for the camp clusterfark or not - surely he must recognise that this issue needs a sacrificial lamb to remove the last notable link still associated with our club, from this sorry chapter in our history.

If he truly loves and values the club, he should step away, regardless of how right or wrong he thinks he is.

It's almost irrelevant at this point whether Roo was in some way responsible for the camp clusterfark or not - surely he must recognise that this issue needs a sacrificial lamb to remove the last notable link still associated with our club, from this sorry chapter in our history.

If he truly loves and values the club, he should step away, regardless of how right or wrong he thinks he is.
Yes, surely he understands he needs to put the AFC first. At the moment he’s acting as if he believes he’s bigger than the club itself.

Yes, surely he understands he needs to put the AFC first. At the moment he’s acting as if he believes he’s bigger than the club itself.

he would probably be offended by that suggestion, but inside I get the impression he more thinks he is the club rather than bigger than.

unfortunately you guys seem to have your own version of the problem we had with Eddie McGuire going on. Like Ed Id be willing to bet he'll only go voluntarily once he knows he has lost the board numbers and to avoid the humiliation of an actual vote if one is possible.

He will dig in even harder the more people call for him to resign. It'll be a "it's just coming from people who want to hurt the club" claim as why he shouldn't listen.
He’s treating it like a citrus harvest. Still must be bearing enough but less sweet.

That is an incorrect headline for starters. A manipulative headline. SEN is proving itself as sensationalising things, like the city of Geelong.
He was to review the whole operation at the time.

I mean, hopefully we're in the position where the club is empowered to make the decision for him, rather than just hoping and waiting for him to fall on his sword.
Longer it goes on it’s no longer a sword. It’s a rapier, it’s a dagger etc. it’s just lesser. Why would he want that?

Sounds like Ricciuto thinks he has done nothing wrong. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Narcissism and incompetence is a terrible combination. The guy has zero self awareness.

Olsen and Silvers need to show some leadership and remove this stain from our club. Enough is enough. It's not up to Roo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Eddie should have left it out and done an interview about the camp if he felt so inclined. I believe his book would have sold just as many copies whether it was in or left out.
You don't really believe that .
All autobiographies use something controversial to launch their book and don't think it was just luck all media outlets went with the story at same time .
Think Eddie had a right to use it in book, but disappointed that media etc just focussed on that issue and attacking our club again where apart from Roo nobody relevant to issue no longer at club.
What are we supposed to do, apart from learn from it same as Melbourne ,Carlton etc learnt from their camp disasters.

The more I read about it. I'm starting to think.

The camp was a minor issue. (Seems all complaints come from the harness ritual/talking stick - Which did cross a line, yes, and it shouldnt have been done)

But what the major issue was, was club administration basically disregarding the concerns raised from Eddie/Josh. Both of which were popular within the team.

And it was this handling which broke the club apart.

If Pyke/Burton/Roo swallowed their pride, admitted they were wrong and apologised back in early 2018, I wonder if things would've turned out significantly different. (Though, with the list profile, one could argue, the mass exodus doesn't happen and we get stuck in no mans land, which means we may not get the talent in required to rebuild)

Either way, it was a clusterf*ck, but to get out of it, we dug a bigger hole we couldn't escape from.
I agree with this - though I think the splintering came from those in the playing group that felt management should be listening to the complaints, and those in the playing group that felt the complainers should just suck it up and get back to football.

I don;t think everyone's responses to the camp and the complaining about it would have been the same.

You don't really believe that .
All autobiographies use something controversial to launch their book and don't think it was just luck all media outlets went with the story at same time .
Think Eddie had a right to use it in book, but disappointed that media etc just focussed on that issue and attacking our club again where apart from Roo nobody relevant to issue no longer at club.
What are we supposed to do, apart from learn from it same as Melbourne ,Carlton etc learnt from their camp disasters.
I just hope the rest of his story isn't overshadowed by the media sensationalising the camp episode. I wish this had been dealt with at the time and there wasn't a need to bring it up again in the book.

That probably the most relevant piece.

You don’t think he’d rather them play for Carlton?
Not if you take him at face value.

How old are his kids? Maybe it's just a quirk of timing. His kids might barrack for Adelaide because he was lighting it up here around the time they started watching footy. Kind of like how Modra got so many of my generation into watching the Crows.

I agree with this - though I think the splintering came from those in the playing group that felt management should be listening to the complaints, and those in the playing group that felt the complainers should just suck it up and get back to football.

I don;t think everyone's responses to the camp and the complaining about it would have been the same.
That kind of implies that the playing group was responsible for Admin acting as they did. I don’t buy that.
The admin bean counted, and got the minority shipped out.

Thanks for sharing. Would like to have heard the rest of that (when they started recognising that Rory Laird had a 'different experience' at the camp compared to JJ and Eddie).

None of that invalidates JJ or Eddie's experience, and our woefully poor handling of their experienc - but it hopefully starts arresting this notion in the media that it was this horror story for all and sundry involved. A bit of persepctive and balance might be starting to creep back into he discussion

I just think they were engaged in a team activity, where everyone is trying to fit their personal ambitions through a very limited premiership window, and that maybe they owed their team and teammates a bit more focus in that push

I don’t know, but my sense is that this was the source of the rift amongst the playing group, those who wanted even more air time for their complaints, and those that felt their window of contention was being squandered by a few teammates not pulling in the same direction

At some point you need to come together.

What I am 100% certain of is that constantly leaking to the media and undermining the playing group is not showing leadership.

I don’t know what they wanted, and after all this time, after this many sackings, it’s not clear they did either.

I agree with their complaints that it sounds a bit s**t, but their also needs to be sizing and proportion to any grievance.

Was it really worth all this?
To be fair to Jenkins he acknowledged a couple of times that he understood the need to try something to get better and I reckon that’s why he repeated that he’s not angry at the club, rather the individuals involved (I’m assuming CM, Fagan, Chapman, Pyke and Burton) it doesn’t sound like he has an issue with the players at all.
I can forgive the leaking to the media if they tried other avenues and felt like it wasn’t working, what else are they supposed to do?
I feel like they wouldn’t have put themselves through all this if it wasn’t worth it.
It’s a bit like saying should betts call out racism (understand it’s a different issue) if he’s going to cop more scrutiny?
Should he just suck it up and accept it.

I'm spit balling here, but lets say the Board meeting on Saturday decided Board members must go, wouldn't we need to run that by the AFL?

Seems strange we wouldn't have made a statement today one way or another, the fact we haven't is giving me hope that's whats happening.

Cmon Olsen, don't let us down.

Not if you take him at face value.

How old are his kids? Maybe it's just a quirk of timing. His kids might barrack for Adelaide because he was lighting it up here around the time they started watching footy. Kind of like how Modra got so many of my generation into watching the Crows.

Also he played his last 2 seasons at Carlton with no crowds and away from his family in QLD. It's probably not a surprise that his kids have more of a connection with the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back