News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel bad for all Crows supporters. It is hard to support a club that has stuffed up.
I can only speak about Carlton when we got done for the Salary cap breaches. Club pretty quickly sacked all involved and it still took us years after the fine and player sanctions to get over it. Still as Blues supporters we cop shit for it 20 years on. I still love my club but it was hard at the time.
Cover ups are not the way to go though.

This whole situation is a shit show, the club deserves every bit of heat that comes its way, but do we really need oppo supporters coming on here and adding thier two cents? There’s a main board for that.

What's this about Eddie being sent a racist Letter before a milestone game or indigenous round and him wanting to take it to his press conference and show the media and the club told him no and to keep it quiet?

Who the * was in charge at that point in time because if they haven't been sacked they need to be.
The thought behind that may have been not to give the racist arseh*le oxygen.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caro pushing hard on this calling for punishments to the club, cover up by Adelaide, failure to act by AFL, failure by Adelaide’s leaders and coaches….it’s really harsh.

Thankfully Leigh Matthews is putting the heat back on the coach and head of footy….and the fact that the people responsible are no longer then. Actually named Brett Burton and Don Pyke and saying they’ve been missed in this as everyone else cops it.

According to Caro the players need the Club to punished.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Even though Eddie and JJ both said they aren’t doing this to punish the club, rather the people directly involved. Does she have selective hearing?

Caro pushing hard on this calling for punishments to the club, cover up by Adelaide, failure to act by AFL, failure by Adelaide’s leaders and coaches….it’s really harsh.

Thankfully Leigh Matthews is putting the heat back on the coach and head of footy….and the fact that the people responsible are no longer then. Actually named Brett Burton and Don Pyke and saying they’ve been missed in this as everyone else cops it.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are a few ex players who hate the club including coaches who want punishment. The issue I have now is you are punishing the entity and everything current which essentially achieves nothing other than cheap satisfaction. Caro needs to come out and explain how punishing the entity which contains no one involved other than Riccuito achieves anything. The only punishments I agree on would be term bans from the AFL to Burton, Pyke, Roo, Fagan and CM.

He did the same with dank, gets in close to them (CM) and likes to paint them as misunderstood.
Dank was a mate. Used to provide Cornes with his anti-aging potions. I reckon he should have got his money back! 😜

Last edited:
If you think this is a matter of the players in question needing to ”harden up,” you’re horribly misguided.

Most of those players in 2015, as a collective, went through one of the most traumatic things a team could ever go through. No team before or since has had to deal with that.

Just imagine that you send a group of players on a camp to make them mentally tougher — that’s your brief — and they come away more mentally scarred than before they went.

And not only that, you completely destroy any existing camaraderie.

So not only does your brief fail, you actually achieve the complete opposite.

Just consider how fu*cking negligent that is for one moment, from both a personal and professional perspective.

How shit do you have to be when doing absolutely nothing would’ve yielded a better result than what you actually did?

No worries Caro.. how about the crows be given the same penalty the Bombers were for injecting their players with a “god only knows what” toxic cocktail of chemicals..

So… Strip the Crows of their premiership points next season… then give them pick 1 in the 2023 national draft..

Yes, but more to the point, a specific agenda.
Absolutely. When this wasn’t public she could say something like that and you wouldn’t know exactly if there was some truth to it, but the two major players on record have clearly said they do not have an issue with the Crows, so who else is she talking about? Can rule out Betts, JJ, Gibbs, Crouch, Tex, Sloane, Sauce; Hartigan? Douglas? Maybe, but doubtful. What other players would they have for a class action and what other players want to punish the club?

I'm the first to think the camp was a disaster, poorly managed and implemented, and hushed up by the club. No question.

And I have no doubt Betts's account is genuine.

But then you have come-again piss-stains like JJ and Gibbs weighing into it. Guys who have a vendetta against the club because in JJ's case we overpaid him, realised he's s**t and benched him. Gibbs who couldn't get his act together because he's mentally soft as butter and had off-field problems and now rails against a club that paid him well to do * all. Just * off. You're embarrassments. Go get *ed.
Read the ****ing room.

Competitive vs Achievement

"Yes, when you get out on the field you want desire, determination, and you need to be competitive to some degree. But it is far far more important to be Achievement focus from 'I need to play my role well and then I've got to support my mates' which is Humanistic, Encouraging and Affiliative".

"The mindset becomes one of 'I'm going to get better, you chase me - you get better, I'll chase you - but I'll support you if you're in the team and do everything I can to support you in that... but watch me because I'm going to train hard and do what I can to get better as well".

Support Each Other...​

The Swans have purposely built a culture where plays are thinking "Let's get each other on the park, let's be the best that we can possibly be, let's back each other up when the going gets tough".

... But Take Personal Responsibility Too​

"When rehabbing from an injury there will be physios telling you what you should do but they aren't going to do it for you... There will be people helping players to get their vocation done for life after football but again they can't do it for you. It's the attitude that you take towards that yourself as a player - that you take responsibility for the parts that you need to do so you learn and grow your self efficacy: your belief in yourself that you can do things at the end of the day" (outside of sports!).

It's not about Being a Star Player​

"This is the thing that does you head in when the press talk about 'Stars'. It's not about being a damn 'Star player' it's about being a major contributor to the team and a major contributor to the club, and a major contributor to the public and the community... When the culture in the club is right, then you can actually build people whose results are not just about how great they are, but the results are about how great the club is."

Courage to Look at the Long Term​

"To be a great sporting coach... it takes a certain amount of courage... it takes courage to back yourself, it takes courage to look at the long term - like it does in organisations: if you're looking at your balance sheet every month, you can make some awfully terrible decisions about your culture."

The Measure of Your Culture is When the Chips are Down​

In 2017 the Swans Lost their Opening 6 Games (The Worst Start in Club History):

"The coaches changed the mindset from having to win each game to building this level of self efficacy and mastery. How can we get the young guys feeling and playing as positively as we possibly can? How can we get the older guys not to try and do too much and burn themselves out? How do we go on this process of 'guys, hang in there let's learn the skills, trust the system, trust the process, trust the game plan, and come back to the basics and build and build because away we are going to go again."

The Swans came back to win 15 of their next 17 games and made the finals.

"That's all about culture at the end of the day"

The above is an excerpt from an interview with the Swans sport psychologist Grant Brecht.

Compare that to the Collective Minds interview where they said.

The camp program was called Path of the Warrior.

Pyke, Campo and the leadership group went on a program called "Mark of the warrior" they were taken through a rite of passage program where they were confronted and overcame immature masculine behaviors that had been holding up their performance on field and around the club. Where is my immature masculine behavior still appearing in my life on the field and in my game?

The second group was for the over 4 year players at the club group. This program was called "Heart of the warrior" this group were taught how to be emotionally open because a true warrior needs their heart and "grit" to be working in unison.

The first to third year players program was called "Code of the warrior" where the players were given "the foundational values" of how to be a true warrior.

If you were in a football department and read both Grant Brecht and Collective Minds styles who would you hire?

This wasn't an afternoon at work mindfulness workshop that you can walk out from and shake your head at for wasting your time.
It was designed specifically for the players by the club and CM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't surprise me if there are a few ex players who hate the club including coaches who want punishment. The issue I have now is you are punishing the entity and everything current which essentially achieves nothing other than cheap satisfaction. Caro needs to come out and explain how punishing the entity which contains no one involved other than Riccuito achieves anything. The only punishments I agree on would be term bans from the AFL to Burton, Pyke, Roo, Fagan and CM.

Apologies for jumping in on the Adelaide board but thought this was a good one to reply to. The AFL won’t apply bans to prominent former players out of this. If they did then the call would come for a long term ban for James Hird and the AFL would never go for that.

I think the club will be hit with “bringing the game into disrepute” which in reality is the penalty that is applied retrospectively when an AFL led or endorsed cover up is blown open.

Regards

S. Pete

If there are "oldies" who aren't across the mental health stuff then above all else they hate the charlatan bullshit artists like the new age evangelists running the camp
Yes. You don't have to be a mental-health-aware millenial to see that the camp was at least somewhere on a scale from stupid to completely f**ed up. Heck, the apricot slicers surely wouldn't want their lovely boys treated that way.

Apologies for jumping in on the Adelaide board but thought this was a good one to reply to. The AFL won’t apply bans to prominent former players out of this. If they did then the call would come for a long term ban for James Hird and the AFL would never go for that.

I think the club will be hit with “bringing the game into disrepute” which in reality is the penalty that is applied retrospectively when an AFL led or endorsed cover up is blown open.

Regards

S. Pete

I get it, but the AFL would have a massive legal issue getting any onfield punishment across the line via draft sanctions.

New players could essentially sue the AFL including Dawson and Hately as they would have a legitimate argument to suggest they would never have come to the club had they known a punishment like this was going to be place. Silvers could sue under the same pretence. Not to mention all players in general could sue for having nothing to do with the organisation of the camp, and players who've signed new contracts for extended stays may also seek compensation. Nicks and the current coaches could also sue as well.

Thats why bans from being involved in the game to individuals is the only route the afl could take and I think they should take.

What was the conversation?

"We were mentally weak and we need psychological training"

"Do you still have the number of that bloke that hears voices and sits under trees?"

[Kramer fixing Elaine's sore neck]

Kramer: A wise man once taught me the healing power of the body's natural pressure points.

Elaine: Ah hah.

Kramer: He sells t-shirts outside the World Trade Centre.

Regards

S. Pete

Yep, agreed.

We should lose our premiership points for this season.

Yeah well done champion - you have no right to tell another person what they feel isn’t ok, this is their account and no one can say it’s not valid. Why is Eddie’s genuine but JJ who suffered a difficult childhood - and CM use of this trauma isn’t?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Because they said by and said nothing till Eddie came out, and now are using it as a convenient pile-on to further their shitty media careers. That's why.

If they had raised it at the time (as Eddie did, internally, with a number of the playing group) or even upon first entering the media they'd have much more credibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back