News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

If true and not just someone passing a comment out of context

the indigenous player (s) concerned if it is the case, need to pull their head(s) in. Feel free to quit. At no stage does any player have the right to dictate to the club on who they should be contracting.
Have you seen the way the indigenous boys celebrate with Tex after they or he kicks a goal? I call bullshit on this.

Listening to SEN now, one thing I disagree with is they replayed Tex's comments where he said some players had issues with the camp and it created fractures in the group and they both demand that they deserve to know what those fractures are and who was to blame. At a certain point, do fans/reporters deserve to know EVERY detail of the going ons at the club? At what point do the players/coaches get any semblance of privacy on what goes on inside the club? What does it help to know all the nitty gritty details or are they just looking for more ammo to pot people?

Really interesting hearing from Tex, it really does sound like the coaches / admin just shut down any talk that there was a problem, even from him

It's good to hear that he tried a few things to being the unhappy players back on board.
Sounds like the silencing came from the coaches and board (Roo)
Hang in there Crows supporters and members.

I think where people get angry is the tone. Caro's argument that if it happened at Richmond or Collingwood it would be front page news is correct, but so was the crows. But the difference isn't the fact the club gets reported on, its the way the club is reported on. Every time we stuff up, we have a tonne of vic journalists lining up to pot shot the AFC from every angle, then they smash every person from the club who speaks out, analysing every word and determining it wasn't good enough, they fundamentally exaggerate reactions i.e. claiming Silvers delivered a controversial apology, but doesn't state who found it controversial. Then you have a massive pile on about speculation of punishment. This is something we just dont see to the same levels when we see a vic club. This is why people complain about the media. The media even hijacked Eddies book to push the agenda and totally forgot to talk about other aspects of his book.
And we have our mate Kane to add to the furore, trying to tie the Rankine interest to this saga!

In terms of leaking I was talking about back then, they wanted CM gone for good.

Exactly! And that’s not their right or their call.

That would be an example of an unreasonable ask where they are trying to make demands as if they ran the place.

I think refusing to accede to that sort of demand is what they called “not being heard” which is very different to “not being agreed with”.

There is a chain of command, and their job was to play and prepare themselves as well as possible not try to play politics

It's good to hear that he tried a few things to being the unhappy players back on board.
Sounds like the silencing came from the coaches and board (Roo)
Hang in there Crows supporters and members.
Look, I’m No fan of Roo, but you just don’t know what happened, or how much he knew. Or did or didn’t cover up. You just don’t know. You are making assumptions.

That’s exactly what they did. These players owed fidelity to the joint cause, the common goal which was to try to win a premiership. The window of contention was/is so small for players, that this was the groups time and their constant undermining of the group squandered the only chance many of the group were ever getting.

This is why, I think (?), they were ultimately jettisoned.

It’s so hard to compete, to win and contend, that everyone has to be 100% committed.

Listening to SEN now, one thing I disagree with is they replayed Tex's comments where he said some players had issues with the camp and it created fractures in the group and they both demand that they deserve to know what those fractures are and who was to blame. At a certain point, do fans/reporters deserve to know EVERY detail of the going ons at the club? At what point do the players/coaches get any semblance of privacy on what goes on inside the club? What does it help to know all the nitty gritty details or are they just looking for more ammo to pot people?
I think the problem is that if those fractures aren't adequately dealt with those players then leak their version of events to the media and the media then controls the narrative instead of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roo had nothing to do with the camp FFS. The camp did not impact the players as they were top 4 halfway through the season.

Yes and no.

Yes, Roo would have had bugger all to do with details of the camp.

No, in the sense that the fall out from the camp, the agitation and implosion started half way through the season once the leaking, retribution and fracturing of the playing group occurred.

So they were going OK, until…

It also should be noted that the team started the season decently well at 6-3.

It wasn’t until a piss poor performance v Melbourne and subsequent losing streak that all of a sudden the camp reared its head.

If the camp was as destructive as is now alleged—It is remarkable that it didn’t effect them the first 2 months on the field. We would sign up for 6-3 out of the gate every single year.

I felt at the time—and still do—that the camp was a great way to shift focus from and provide cover for their really abysmal effort during that stretch of games.

As with most things—truth is somewhere in the middle.

But a good start to the season certainly doesn’t match up with the extreme damage some players now allege.

If you are damaged you are damaged from the get go—not just at the start of a losing streak—2 months into the season.

In my opinion, that game against Melbourne and the following poor effort the next week allowed them to use “camp” as way to pack it in during that stretch and for the remainder of the season.

Indeed. 👍

I think the problem is that if those fractures aren't adequately dealt with those players then leak their version of events to the media and the media then controls the narrative instead of the club.
That is a problem, but I don't think you need to know the specifics of what those fractures were. The handling of them is where the bigger failure is, not what specifically occurred.

News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back