Review Adelaide v Essendon - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, I’m going to be controversial here, but i would prefer Doedee not run back with the flight like that. hes proven he’s brave already. That to me now is a bit silly and not an unsurprising outcome to lose him for the rest of the game. Am I alone?

NO. Have you ever Footballed??
That was literally the only thing in the game worth remembering.
Long after the pain of watching that horrible mess of a game has subsided, there will always be what Tom did.

For all his faults Billy does give 100%. Just doesn't have the talent or mental fortitude to make it at the top level.
If some of those efforts are 100% how the hell did he make it to AFL level?
some of the marking contests last week were as soft as I’ve seen from a player of his size and I’ve seen a lot of Josh Jenkins.

Spot on and concerning - take out Tex’s incredible form and how much improvement has there actually been? The Geelong, GC and Melbourne wins don’t happen without him and then we’re sitting stone motherless last again.
So tex has cost us Horne?

O'Brien - We need to start succession planning for him. The end will come very quickly for him I think. I look at English and think he's the type we need (obviously won't happen, but someone with similar attributes would be great).

I remember earlier in the year when we signed him to a 5 year contract because “elite”

Matthew Nicks has given us our first wooden spoon and now our lowest ever score.

Mutineer is this what you meant by how much he has transformed the club on and off field?
How do you figure Nick's gave us our first spoon? He just happened to be the guy who was hired to coach the team after the damage was done.

Matthew Nicks has given us our first wooden spoon and now our lowest ever score.

Mutineer is this what you meant by how much he has transformed the club on and off field?

Oh piss off, seriously. Go support another team if you’re so quick to judge a rebuild in its second year. Tex out, Himmelberg out early, Brown out. We just lost all leadership and shape through our midfield going into our F50. Don’t blame any of the forwards for today’s effort other than the occasional bit of inaccurate kicking on goal. The delivery into F50 was abysmal. I lost count of the times a ball was kicked to McHenry when he had a defender on him who was a foot taller.

It was a shocker of a game all round. My guess is that Walker and Lynch come back and our F50 will look a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wow, that’s a hot take. Maybe have another think about that one.

Do we need Obscure Frampton?

Its worked a few times, but until Mrouch returns that’s our #1 midfield...

All of them?

No, no, no, no.

He does, doesn’t he?

Okay you bunch of serial bedwetters, what did you honestly think was going to happen?

Thanks to Trigg, Chapman & Pyke, we’ve got the list from hell and instead of drip feeding kids into a winning team, we’re shoving a whole bunch into a meat grinder at once.

We’re going to suck for a while longer. Probably quite a while. At least we’re finding some good draftees on our list.

And fu** you Frampton, I put you down in the goalkicking game!
Dont know hoe you can blame Trigg any longer as we have had massive number of 1st and 2 nd round picks since he left and not his fault Hamish and Reid ,Roo etc cant get it right in trading and drafting along with coaches selection.
Posters can say Frampton shit ,Fogarty shit , Tillthorpe not ready etc but just look how we bring ball into forward area with just bang it onto the boot with a wish and prayer and usually only 2 maximum talls there trying to get to contest against 3 or 4 as opposition defenders peel off our mini brigade to help out or intercept.
It comes down to game plan and mids actually getting clear and passing the ball to space and even noticed this week even Seedsman and Schoenberg who were trying to do that but this week just wanted to back it in long .
Over last 2 seasons we have lots of downs but last night was one of our worst in all areas from selection to coaching including the game style , to senior players making more stupid decisions than our kids to so many embarrassing running into each other hand balling to someone next to you in worst position and running into open goal etc and missing.

Lowest score ever so technically it was our worst game ever. Being at rock bottom means the only way is up.

Hit the post several times, we were a poster away from this not even being relevant.

11 games this year have had equal or higher margin than 63 points. Stop being such a drama queen

Dont know hoe you can blame Trigg any longer as we have had massive number of 1st and 2 nd round picks since he left and not his fault Hamish and Reid ,Roo etc cant get it right in trading and drafting along with coaches selection.
Posters can say Frampton sh*t ,Fogarty sh*t , Tillthorpe not ready etc but just look how we bring ball into forward area with just bang it onto the boot with a wish and prayer and usually only 2 maximum talls there trying to get to contest against 3 or 4 as opposition defenders peel off our mini brigade to help out or intercept.
It comes down to game plan and mids actually getting clear and passing the ball to space and even noticed this week even Seedsman and Schoenberg who were trying to do that but this week just wanted to back it in long .
Over last 2 seasons we have lots of downs but last night was one of our worst in all areas from selection to coaching including the game style , to senior players making more stupid decisions than our kids to so many embarrassing running into each other hand balling to someone next to you in worst position and running into open goal etc and missing.

I can blame Trigg because (1) he’s an arseh*le and (2) if he hadn’t ****ed up the Tippett deal we’d have four first and second round picks in our squad sitting at nearly 200 games ensuring we aren’t last and don’t look like morons.

instead, his ****-ups plus Chapman’s ****-ups plus Pyke’s refusal to blood any youngsters got us here.

The rest of your post is garbage and you should be embarrassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opportunity to really look at the list in next 6 weeks.

Horne will help but we need more.

I'd also consider trying McAsey forward (surely not any worse than Frampton/Himm?) for one last chance before marking his cards.

Desperately need a proper pressure small forward or two.

More class in midfield is an absolute desperate need.

I can blame Trigg because (1) he’s an arseh*le and (2) if he hadn’t f’ed up the Tippett deal we’d have four first and second round picks in our squad sitting at nearly 200 games ensuring we aren’t last and don’t look like morons.

instead, his fu**-ups plus Chapman’s fu**-ups plus Pyke’s refusal to blood any youngsters got us here.

The rest of your post is garbage and you should be embarrassed.

:$

1625872062920.png

This is it basically.

Fog is a lead up forward and we persist with putting Laird, Keays and Sloane as the guys delivering the ball in, three of the shittiest kicks in the AFL and we are putting them in the guts. I think I read it all last week when it was suggested that Matt Crouch is a better kick than our current CBA team...Matt Crouch. Floaters, shanks and shinning the ball is our F50 entries at the moment.

Van Berlo needs to be read the riot act, stop picking those three guys and absolutely stop picking them when they are injured.

Was it any wonder Fog ran into the back of Weitering when another kick fell short into the forward line for the uptenth time against Carlton

Not playing Fog was a joke. We needed a lead up forward badly.

Berg and Frampton are SO clearly not AFL standard. So why did we not trial McAsey forward. Or Murray forward and Fish back?

Fish and Fog are the future (for now), they need to play. Billy and Berg and dead men walking.

Oh piss off, seriously. Go support another team if you’re so quick to judge a rebuild in its second year. Tex out, Himmelberg out early, Brown out. We just lost all leadership and shape through our midfield going into our F50. Don’t blame any of the forwards for today’s effort other than the occasional bit of inaccurate kicking on goal. The delivery into F50 was abysmal. I lost count of the times a ball was kicked to McHenry when he had a defender on him who was a foot taller.

It was a shocker of a game all round. My guess is that Walker and Lynch come back and our F50 will look a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Our leaders were all in the middle were they not?

Good
I've been worried about our ability to deliver the ball to our forward line. Not sure our skills are up to the task

However we fixed that problem last night

It wouldn't matter how we delivered the ball to those forwards

Ok, I’m going to be controversial here, but i would prefer Doedee not run back with the flight like that. hes proven he’s brave already. That to me now is a bit silly and not an unsurprising outcome to lose him for the rest of the game. Am I alone?
Not controversial at all.

Isn't it great how the commentary on our player going back with the flight in a courageous act gets him pillared. Apparently it was careless and reckless and not something we want to see. Why didn't he protect himself better, he was wide open etc ... When Dmac was on trial - the main thing these pompous fools went on about was Nick Riewoldt's mark going back with the flight ... and how we don't want to take that out of the game.

I don't think Doedee chooses when to go. If that action wins us a premiership it is THE moment in our club's history ... how do you teach that out of him without turning every contest into a hesitation? Even Nicks said he would prefer to see Doedee pull out of that one - but if was to spoil a mark in the final seconds of a final I bet he would be glad to have Dodee as the one running to the contest.

I think we need our players to take more care of their heads. He could have had a major injury from that contest - spinal, concussion, ribs .. the lot.

Doedee shouldn't be hammered for it though.

I was always worried about this game. Essendon on marvelalways hard to beat particularly if they get on top early. I did not like our entry onto the ground people smiling and laughing. We did not look switched on.

then we obviously tweaked game
Plan with tex and berg out. We are not good enough by foot to play this game

in first quarter we were lucky defence played so well with Murray butts doedee smith and possibly Hammil we have makings of very strong back half. If mcasey plays well this week he must come in for doedee against the eagles

our midfield with exception of laird are not clean by hand and don’t swarm on ball when it bounces free. Harry berry And pedlar do this but we’re not given an opportunity except Harry to play on the ball I don’t think the coaches as well as the players had a good night. Sloane was not his usual aggressive self and he allowed a near goal by Harry to go unchallenged

our use of the ball into the forward line exposed some poor skills and poor positioning by forwards. As soon as billy missed first goalI knew he would have a stinker He drops his head to easily and accepts defeat for the rest of the game His marking efforts were poor he does not prepare well for the contest and his kicking at AFL level lacks conviction he together with filthy we’re so poor in the contest we had to move one of our best players Murray forward reducing the effectiveness of his game

we lack good smalls. Rowe has been average for a long time but he is not on his pat Malone. We do not front and centre lack pace and awareness and do not put enough pressure on our opponents. We are guilty of
Playing midfielders out of position up forward and then leaving them to wither on the vine Why were they not given a run in the middle.

it may take a few weeks to overcome this loss

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Adelaide v Essendon - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back