Game Day Adelaide v Sydney - Backing Them In Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts is trying hard to make something from nothing. I know we get mad he flies for crazy marks so often, but the entries often don't give him any choice and he knows Tex/JJ won't make a contest on those sort of entries.

Betts gets a lot of unfair flack for flying at the ball when it's kicked directly to him, often 3-on-1, with no tall forwards in sight. It's not his fault he is dealt a shit sandwich! At least he's trying to get something to happen

Thats the massive problem is that our talls fail to take big strong contested marks. Ironically the only one that could we traded away.
It's not like we did it willingly. We can reconfigure that (I don't think Fog is the answer, he's best on the lead like Tex), Greenwood will be down there soon enough I think and McAdam will hopefully be good to go at some point in the later stages of the year.

Thats the massive problem is that our talls fail to take big strong contested marks. Ironically the only one that could we traded away.
Its a problem given the way we want to play, our best contested mark are playing CHF and FF for the 2s tomorrow.

We almost seem to like playing at the SCG more than anywhere else, and have beaten the Swans there with far worse line-ups than tonight's. I'm kind of expecting us to win this. It's one of those shitty situations where you want the team to win, but also don't want the selectors to feel validated if we do win.

Betts gets a lot of unfair flack for flying at the ball when it's kicked directly to him, often 3-on-1, with no tall forwards in sight. It's not his fault he is dealt a shit sandwich! At least he's trying to get something to happen
Jenkins could learn this from Eddie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If he plays like he did last week, and that was due to injury, then it's probably best he doesn't play

Exactly: I said last week that he looked as if something was wrong with him. He wouldn't have lost his skills/motivation that badly without some cause: I hope it's not serious. Certainly, I expect CEY to give much more than Gibbs in his current condition.

We can win this. We should win this. I don't know if we will win this.
That is exactly how I feel.
Any confidence I had was shattered - SHATTERED - last week.
I'm now running with the glass half empty and avoiding the inevitable disappointment when they lose as badly as they did last week.

And make no mistake - last week was BAD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm waiting for some rando Sydney player other than Franklin to bob up with 4 goals.... however I reckon Eddie is kicking 5 tonight!
Let's go boys, bring home the win!
Heeney got 5 last time didnt he?

We were poor last week but Sydney were diabolical. Looked old and slow (as did we).
Outside of Parker lifting them on his shoulders in the 2nd half they were terrible. We have the mids inside to hopefully make sure that doesn't happen.

Of course that probably makes it even worse if we lose, but you'd hope we're switched on tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Adelaide v Sydney - Backing Them In Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back