Game Day Adelaide v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a lot to take on for Tex....Walshy automatically chose him to be captain, must've seen something in him. I'm praying he can stand up tonight and be an inspirational leader for all of us...
C'mon Texas!!!!... it's your turn to go!

This will be the first game I have actually been to in 3 years. What an occasion it has turned out to be.

I am really looking forward to it. A chance for me to pay proper respects to Walshy and the club as obviously have been unable to get to AO or Football Park, so I am sure a lot of Crows supporters based over here would feel the same and a lot of West Coast supporters and those involved with the club will want to do likewise. He is very respected by West Coast fans for how he helped turn the Eagles' fortunes around a few years ago.

Once the minute silence is over I think it will be played like any other football game, hard and tough, and the Crows can play with the freedom of having no pressure on them. I am hopeful this will see them rekindle some of the great play they exhibited in Round 1, which has still been by far their best performance this season.

It will be a very emotional time for everyone when the team come out.
So far I have held it all together through both the Phil Hughes and Phil Walsh tragedies , but I think my emotions could really overflow today.
Thanks to our Port brothers for all of the kind words. It's getting harder to hate you now.
Come on the mighty Crows today. Time to #weflyasone

It will be a very emotional time for everyone when the team come out.
So far I have held it all together through both the Phil Hughes and Phil Walsh tragedies , but I think my emotions could really overflow today.
Thanks to our Port brothers for all of the kind words. It's getting harder to hate you now.
Come on the mighty Crows today. Time to #weflyasone

When we run out and when we kick that first goal I won't be able to hold it together.

It won't be individuals tonight. It'll be the collective. Sounds clichè but true.
Agree totally.... I don't mean to heap any more pressure on Tex but if the ball bounces right and he can get on the end of one in the first 5 mins or so I think it'll be awesome.... Just the crows tragic in me haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a very big day for our footy club, probably the biggest since day 1. Im struggling to hold it together at work already, not sure what ill be like when the lads run out.

Whatever the result, we must show 100% effort and intensity from the get go which I think we will. Today is one day that I can almost forgive horrible skills.

To those over there today cheer hard and cheer loud.

Lets do this ladies and gentlemen, do Walshy proud.

Last edited:
Do not underestimate the value of Worsfold in the coaches box tonight. He may not know the Simpson gameplan in-and-out but he knows the WCE list better than just about anyone. He'll be invaluable all year but let's hope he can sprinkle some fairydust on the boys tonight.

It's a strange feeling right now. I just cannot get pumped or excited for this game. Usually it's the complete opposite.

I should be pumped, I should be excited, and Walshy should be the main man in the coaches box tomorrow. The result just seems like such a non-issue in my head right now.
Sort of the opposite for mine. I'm looking forward to seeing them out there again. The result? That I don't care about for the first time ever.

I'm in Canada on holiday so can't see The game. My alarm is set for some ungodly hour. Bigfooty will have to take me there and I know you guys will provide a good commentary.

I would love to see the reception when the boys run out on Subi Stadium. It will be a moment to remember.

But there's a game of football to play and I believe this game will define the club for many years. I don't care if we win but we have to show that the Phil Walsh era had an impact on the way we approach our football.

I'm confident the players are keen to show this as well. We couldn't have asked for a bigger test than this one to showcase the Walsh legacy.

It doesn't require a storybook victory just a confirmation of PW's theories and the players intent on their success.

I think this is the one time we can go against Phil Walsh's quote and aim for an honourable loss. If we show pride in the jumper and give it our all and just end up somewhere within 5 goals I think I'll be happy with that.

Maybe even the first goal? If that's not too much to ask.

Sort of the opposite for mine. I'm looking forward to seeing them out there again. The result? That I don't care about for the first time ever.

I think this is pretty much me at the moment. I'm wanting to see them back out there again, doing their thing, giving it their all; but I honestly couldn't give a flying fart whether they won or lost. That may well change once the game gets underway, especially if it's close - as a female, I reserve my right to change my mind as often as I like. :p

I think this is the one time we can go against Phil Walsh's quote and aim for an honourable loss. If we show pride in the jumper and give it our all and just end up somewhere within 5 goals I think I'll be happy with that.

I think we need to learn from his philosophies and his words any loss is a loss. Sure we can be proud that the players are out there (and we will be) but Phil wouldn't want it that way. Lets go for the win. Shoot for the stars and we may land on the moon

You know there's a term for coming close? It's called losing, this club doesn't like to lose.

Will be bittersweet if we come out firing in the first quarter given walshys challenges with our starts ....but I think we can ! Come on boys - get it done

Looking forward to seeing all the support there , am living interstate for years but meeting up with 5 mates at pub to watch which we haven't done since the 2009 finals series

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Adelaide v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back