Preview Adelaide vs Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Saturday 15/04/17 @ 7:40 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their best small back will go to Raz, so we should take the opportunity to show Begley some belief and bring him in. Play Walla further up the ground and let him run towards the forward fifty, scaring the crap out of them.

Laird or Luke Brown. Probably Laird. But Brown did a nice job on Wingard in the showdown as he often does.

McGovern won't play.

Jenkins will be touch and go after having breathing issues during the week from the bruised ribs.

So you need defenders for.

Walker - Hurley
Lynch - Ambrose
Jenkins (maybe) - Brown/Hartley

Otten will play forward too. Kicked 2 in the showdown. Usually a backman but started his career forward. Before his Rising Star runner up and 2 knee recos.

Last edited:

we poached their gameplan guru and Woosha spent time with them. surely that gives us some inside info and a no worries win? sweet

Heppell, Watson, Goddard, Stanton, Kelly, and Hocking cannot play in the same team IMO, Especially on a fast deck in Adelaide.

Hocking, Brown and Langers out for Green, Francis and Hartley.

Would play Francis as the deepest forward.

I think our hand will be forced with changes as there will be some very sore players and niggles.

Yep. Colyer was on radio this morning saying he was still sore from the game. A six day break plus an interstate trip means a couple of players will be rested.

Did you see the hit he copped in the last quarter though?

I'd like to see Hocking given another chance to play himself into some form. He's a team man; give him the responsibility of tagging someone like Sloane out.

On form you'd have to think Stewart plays before Francis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a huge opportunity here to win. Adelaide with no McGov, Jenkins and coming off a bruising Showdown.

We're good enough, that's for sure.

Not fussed about the Carlton game... As soon as it turned into soccer and the result became a coin toss i lost interest. Yes they had cleaner hands than us but meh.
As such this week should be a different kettle of fish and interestingly we have an opportunity to put together the forward structure that looked most likely in the off season. TBC should come in so we can see how it all works. I was worried that it would make us top heavy but now that Walla and Fantsypants have gone stratospheric, i'm no longer worried on that score. Make no mistake, TBC needs to perform as a forward, but if he does we will really stretch an opposition in the air. If the three talls up forward can work well together it could be very tasty indeed!
So probably just Langford for TBC
Exactly my thoughts on the Carlton game. Schit weather makes schit teams better. In reality Carlton didn't even have to alter their game plan and we didn't bother too.
A lot of people forget we had a large chunk of our team playing in boggy crop conditions for the first time in a year and to a relatively new game plan. Dry weather in Adelaide and I say bring it

Hi guys & gals. I think this game will be a lot closer than a lot are predicting. Essendon probably should've won last week if not for the conditions which I think suited Carlton more and of course the dreadful 'Carlton umpires'....
I'd like to see Heppel go 1 on 1 with Sloane cause I really rate him. Good to see Smack doing well over there as well I hope he continues to play well....(just not against us);)
Good luck for the game and for no injuries to either side.

Hi guys & gals. I think this game will be a lot closer than a lot are predicting. Essendon probably should've won last week if not for the conditions which I think suited Carlton more and of course the dreadful 'Carlton umpires'....
I'd like to see Heppel go 1 on 1 with Sloane cause I really rate him. Good to see Smack doing well over there as well I hope he continues to play well....(just not against us);)
Good luck for the game and for no injuries to either side.

How do you feel the loss of McGovern and Jenkins affects your forward line? Do you go smaller? or do you have suitable tall replacements?

How do you feel the loss of McGovern and Jenkins affects your forward line? Do you go smaller? or do you have suitable tall replacements?
It will probably be Menzel so smaller. We have Harry Dear as a tall who plays as a KPP in the SANFL but he was about worst on ground last week so doubtful he will get a call up. Otten will stay and play JJ's role up forward and pinch hit in the ruck. Not ideal but it's the best we can do atm.

It will probably be Menzel so smaller. We have Harry Dear as a tall who plays as a KPP in the SANFL but he was about worst on ground last week so doubtful he will get a call up. Otten will stay and play JJ's role up forward and pinch hit in the ruck. Not ideal but it's the best we can do atm.

Cheers, hopefully we get a good competitive game.
SA in the news here for all the wrong reasons again, will be good for both teams to put on a good show and get people back talking about footy.

Cheers, hopefully we get a good competitive game.
SA in the news here for all the wrong reasons again, will be good for both teams to put on a good show and get people back talking about footy.

People keep doing "the wrong reasons" because we're soft as buggery on them. The powers that be want to go down the education path. Sure, do that, but also let it be known they'll never attend another match. Sometimes deterrent is better education than the softly softly approach.

Sloane, Douglas, Crouch, Walker best for Crows last week. Heppell on Sloane, Watson on Douglas, Merrett on Crouch, Armbrose onto Walker. If they all break even or better, we stand a good chance.

Ambrose on Lynch.

Lynch is about the most underrated player in the comp. Ambrose is the only defender we have with the tank and discipline to go with Lynch all game. Cut Lynch out of the game and their most effective link from half back to full forward is gone, not to mention the goals Lynch kicks through sheer work rate where he finds himself free due to his opponent being completely burnt.

Ambrose on Lynch.

Lynch is about the most underrated player in the comp. Ambrose is the only defender we have with the tank and discipline to go with Lynch all game. Cut Lynch out of the game and their most effective link from half back to full forward is gone, not to mention the goals Lynch kicks through sheer work rate where he finds himself free due to his opponent being completely burnt.
Walker also has a big engine and gets lots of kicks on wing. He did this against Port. Who runs with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back