Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, he is. His performance and ability to drag his team over the line in finals needs to be questioned. He was poor tonight despite what the stats indicate, and I not fussed what anyone says. I continually watched him overrun the ball playing for free kicks.
Selwood's problems tonight were not overrunning the ball and playing for frees. He is simply not quite right because he has had to return to early from his injury and he is not match fit-his timing is off, he lost his feet too often, his hands, kicking and judgement were all a bit off. Despite these flaws in his game tonight he was still better than the rest of the team-in endeavour and in in execution. Perhaps you are overreacting?

Compared to any proper team (hawthorn 3 peat collingwood 2011 st kilda 09-10 etc) they are frontrunning shit. The afl has seriously diluted the standard of the comp. You see better standard play at Storm games than any afl game now.
Yep. All top 4 sides from 2007 to 2013 would win the flag in a canter.
The two new clubs have created a weaker competition, the fact we were 2nd shows that.

He was poor. My opinion.

I know you consider yoyrself as the be all and end all of opinions on this board mate, but as a mod maybe you shouldn't start dismissing others with such arrogance.
Fair comment. Don't agree with your assessment but you're entitled to it.
In any case Joel has more than enough finals/big games credits in the bank, unlike many of his teammates.

Yep. All top 4 sides from 2007 to 2013 would win the flag in a canter.
The two new clubs have created a weaker competition, the fact we were 2nd shows that.

It's early but if next year 15 wins gets the minor premiership again the top tier of football is headed for some dark days. I know our disappointments are a factor and Hawthorns 3-peat but I just don't find AFL games anywhere near as fun to watch as they were years ago. The 90's was an amazing era of footy and imo the decade 2000-2010 was some of the best ever, but it's just getting tedious these days, so much technical umpiring and so much less talent out there. It's just sad.

It's early but if next year 15 wins gets the minor premiership again the top tier of football is headed for some dark days. I know our disappointments are a factor and Hawthorns 3-peat but I just don't find AFL games anywhere near as fun to watch as they were years ago. The 90's was an amazing era of footy and imo the decade 2000-2010 was some of the best ever, but it's just getting tedious these days, so much technical umpiring and so much less talent out there. It's just sad.

Im not loving the direction the coaches are talking the game either
At one time tonight there was an aerial shot with the ball in Adelaides 50.
Every single player was within 60m of goals and all I could think of was what hope do we have if we win the ball

Im not loving the direction the coaches are talking the game either
At one time tonight there was an aerial shot with the ball in Adelaides 50.
Every single player was within 60m of goals and all I could think of was what hope do we have if we win the ball

Yep, hate that, it looks like Auskick with everybody so close to the ball

Last October, our captain said Josh Caddy was a required player on a Monday and three days later he was gone. It means nothing.
Willing to bet it'll mean something here....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see the game as I've been sick in bed the last couple days, just woke up now aha almost 3am.

Sounds like last week was definitely our Grand Final. I was fine with losing because the Crows are such a great team. But sounds like we hardly put in an effort. Very disappointing especially considering it was Lonergan & Mackie's final game.

Didn't see the game as I've been sick in bed the last couple days, just woke up now aha almost 3am.

Sounds like last week was definitely our Grand Final. I was fine with losing because the Crows are such a great team. But sounds like we hardly put in an effort. Very disappointing especially considering it was Lonergan & Mackie's final game.

Did the same thing last year to our retirees. Did the same thing in Enright's 300th. There's not the same heart in these players. We've become accustomed to excellence during Bomber's reign. Mediocrity is hard to swallow. We have less endeavour and heart than Richmond and Adelaide. Wow.

Did the same thing last year to our retirees. Did the same thing in Enright's 300th. There's not the same heart in these players. We've become accustomed to excellence during Bomber's reign. Mediocrity is hard to swallow. We have less endeavour and heart than Richmond and Adelaide. Wow.

Yep. Not good enough.

Are you sure?
Walk it off
And we could win a premiership as well?
We are on a roll sir.
Poor Misty. Will miss all GF week build up by being a tit.
Take note Hate poor Royals :(

Full credit to Adelaide, they executed a game plan and out played us from start to finish.

I'm feeling a bit like a Ross Lyon coached side, our zoning is good enough to beat most the competition but will never b good enough to beat the best teams.

Our players did turn up in the first qtr, effort was there but simply skills and gameplan not good enough.

Our handball happy play style doesn't stand up to finals pressure. The amount of times tonight we went for 1 too many handballs and handballed to a player about to b tackled instead of kicking forward to 1 on 1s.

Our zone was picked apart by short passes that completely eliminated our interecpt marking play style off the back flank. Not sure how much of an issue this was though because we probably don't have the depth to go 1 on 1 with Adelaide.

Motlop is one of the most exciting players in the game when he plays like that, pure talent and we need his skills going forward.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but they had a week to prepare for danger forward, admittedly this should have resulted in our first goal but lack of I50s meant he was wasted early.

We were simply beaten by a better team on the night in front of the usual feral crowd.

I'm ok with this season, to be honest. Way better than I thought it would be.

We were never really in the box seat for the flag, even finishing second. We have no advantage to take of a home final so it's BS to try to secure one. The Tigers have been anointed as Premiers by the AFL- it happened early in the year and the AFL has not hidden this privilege very well at all- a drop of little help went their way from the AFL through the course of the season and gifting them an undeserved home final our fans couldn't attend stacked the deck against us, and we were never a chance from there on. I'll take the win against the Swans though. That was a nice turnaround.

So, we move on. Good season, just not a great end. There can be only only premiership team per year, so it's never easy.

We were simply beaten by a better team on the night in front of the usual feral crowd.

I'm ok with this season, to be honest. Way better than I thought it would be.

We were never really in the box seat for the flag, even finishing second. We have no advantage to take of a home final so it's BS to try to secure one. The Tigers have been anointed as Premiers by the AFL- it happened early in the year and the AFL has not hidden this privilege very well at all- a drop of little help went their way from the AFL through the course of the season and gifting them an undeserved home final our fans couldn't attend stacked the deck against us, and we were never a chance from there on. I'll take the win against the Swans though. That was a nice turnaround.

So, we move on. Good season, just not a great end. There can be only only premiership team per year, so it's never easy.

I agree mostly, apart from being in the box seat. We just had to beat Richmond, who we'd beaten for over a decade without fail. That was the game we needed to win to get the flag. Losing that game was a failure which cost us our season.

I live in Adelaide too and don't disagree with your last part.

The Crow guy may have been trying to bait/troll but that doesn't make it any less truthful.
Don't care if you're saying he's right. mick500 does nothing but troll us on the mainboard, any praise he now gives us here is at best disingenuous and at worst a trolling back hander.

Win a prelim, your first in 20 years, and you'd rather spend your Friday acting like a campaigner to the fans of the team you've just beaten.
Some wicked lives the Fruit Tingles lead. Is SA really that lifeless and boring?

2011 GF week I didn't give a toss what little Gary was up to and thought even less about West Coast or slinging shit at their fans.
Pathetically petty behaviour.

Debuted 8 players and made the Prelim.

Need to tinker with the game plan a little and stop our reliance on handballing as first option, work on our kicking skills and our forward work and we will be there or there about again next season.

Please folks remain civil with each other in here, let's not rip each other to shreds like other boards do. If you are feeling emotional step away from the keyboard for awhile. Go for a walk and calm down. Remember at the end of the day it is just a game, it is meant to be enjoyed.
Fix the handball happiness within a week.

Give all players a shock collar for preseason...

If someone handpasses where they could have kicked. Everyone gets a zap.
If someone handpasses to a guy under pressure. Everyone gets a zap.
If someone gives off a hospital handpass. Everyone gets a zap.
If someone calls for the ball in a bad position or under pressure. Everyone gets a zap.
If someone fumbles an easy ground ball. Everyone gets a zap.
If someone passes off inside 50 (Hawkins). Everyone gets a zap.
If someone aimlessly bombs long inside 50. Everyone gets a zap.

Let's see how long it takes to get them playing as a team.
Time for dodgeball style. Dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball hard arse coaching. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back