Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

All this talk about Sloan saying he should be getting suspended is absolutely ridiculous.

Let's start by reversing the roles, if a Cats player had been in the Sloan position every single one of us would be saying there was nothing in it... and would be bagging the MRP and media for "having it in for us" if it was even discussed or speculated on. In real time it just looked like a super contest, any high contact was also because Danger was half bent over.
Free kick at worst, nothing more.

If someone says they would be ok with one of our players getting rubbed out, or missing a GF for that... they are absolutely talking out their arse.

I'd be concerned if I was a crows fan. But then again, Sloane deliberately took down Blicavs behind play in an earlier game and there was no mention of any suspension then. It could go the same way with the afl looking the other way.

It was a significant turning point that killed the momentum for the cats. That umpiring mistake was effectively a 12 point turnaround and meant a score differential of 21 became 33.

The temptation is after a loss like this is to bag ones own side. The truth is we were beaten comprehensively by the team that will win the premiership.

I felt all along that whoever wins out of tigers and cats will get an armchair ride and play the winner of crows and swans.

I'm grateful the cats were able to get over the swans but I think it gave me some false hope. Swans were well off that night. Crows: easily the best side all year deservedly got the job done at home against us.

I can't speak highly enough of Chris Scott and the geelong philosophy. We seem to recruit in a way that allows us to be thereabouts year in year out whilst every year losing our premiership heroes. And top marks to Chris Scott and the team for creating that. But now a trend seems to have emerged that we can get deep but when the real cream rises to the top in the heat of finals we simply can't because we don't have the talent.

We steal wins against middle or even top teams during the home and away season due to our top players dead set willing our team over the line. We win 4 or so games in this fashion which means we finish top 4 instead of battling for 8th.

Due to this we get overhyped opinions of where we are really at. Chris Scott and co have done brilliantly in keeping the cats thereabouts just about every year since 2011.

But are we really a premiership threat in all of those years? No. Would you rather follow a team that gives themselves a shot every year (through aggressive recruiting and a willingness to change game plans up) but in the end through lack of talent is found wanting during finals? Clubs in this mould in my opinion include geelong, hawthorn and sydney.

Or would you prefer to back a team like every other club. Eg. 4-10 years without finals, 4-5 year window where they consistently make finals and hope for a flag or 2 in that 4- 5 year period. Eg st Kilda over the last 15years. Pies over the last 15 years. Eagles, port, Essendon, dogs, etc etc.

In the end we don't have a lot to complain about. I think second flattered us this year. 2018 could be our year. We lose longergon and Mackie yes but with their absence we gain pace in our backline by default. McCarthy and Gregson will be back from injury. Zuthrie looks the Goods if he can fatten up. Cocky without injuries can be Ablett Snr like.

We will trade Motlop and Menzel guaranteed.

We will bring in Ablett and stringer guaranteed.

Got a feeling they might find a way with Devon smith too.

Embrace it. I'd rather follow my club that gives itself a chance to compete for a flag year in year out. Yep we may get exposed during finals at times but **** it. If you're there playing finals you're a better chance than "rebuilding" constantly.

Good work Scotty. If you take a good look at out list compared to the other top teams...... we've got a few A graders but our bottom 6 o so wouldn't get a game in the other top sides. Milked every last drop year in year out.

Cocky without injuries can be Ablett Snr like

clint bizzell says hi

All this talk about Sloan saying he should be getting suspended is absolutely ridiculous.

Let's start by reversing the roles, if a Cats player had been in the Sloan position every single one of us would be saying there was nothing in it... and would be bagging the MRP and media for "having it in for us" if it was even discussed or speculated on. In real time it just looked like a super contest, any high contact was also because Danger was half bent over.
Free kick at worst, nothing more.

If someone says they would be ok with one of our players getting rubbed out, or missing a GF for that... they are absolutely talking out their arse.

We've seen our players get rubbed out for less.

Thought the dropping of Menzel for QF hurt us today, in that Dan was trying to do too much himself. I think the selfishness is all about him sub-consciously protecting his spot on the list.

Don't feel too bad this morning-just not good enough last night although would have been good if we'd given ourselves a chance at least. Crows are pretty good and have more resolve than they used to have so are a decent chance in GF. Good luck to them, they have had a rough time of it lately and won't begrudge them a flag.
Happy we finally beat the pies and again did Hawks twice. Good to beat swans in a final. Some fighting wins in close games were fun. All the second tier are improving and will be better for the experiences in finals.
Forward line needs serious attention-get a good forward coach-small crumbers desperately needed back and Hawkins needs to give us more. Try leading for a change tom. Menzel will go I suspect. Stringer would be a really good fit for us-can't see how we'd get him though.
Backline on right path and will continue to develop. Thurlow and zuthrie come in now and be good additions.
Still short a couple of quality mids. Need a Sam Mitchell type-strong and bullocks.
Motlop stays.
Parfitt, cocky, buzza , stewart, parsons -like them and look forwatd to watching them.
Consistency seems to be something we really need to find-the team from last week- where was it last night? Been the same all year and continued into the finals.
Still, looking forward to next year already.

Last edited:
It was a very average night but that play by Parfitt that resulted in the Motlop goal was brilliant.

As for the Sloane situation. I think i was just angry it wasn't a free kick last night so I questioned a suspension. Both went hard at the ball but you cant elbow a bloke in the head! Sloane very lucky Danger got up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't feel too bad this morning-just not good enough last night although would have been good if we'd given ourselves a chance at least. Crows are pretty good and have more resolve than they used to have so are a decent chance in GF. Good luck to them, they have had a rough time of it lately and won't begrudge them a flag.
Happy we finally beat the pies and again did Hawks twice. Good to beat swans in a final. Some fighting wins in close games were fun. All the second tier are improving and will be better for the experiences in finals.
Forward line needs serious attention-get a good forward coach-small crumbers desperately needed back and Hawkins needs to give us more. Try leading for a change tom. Menzel will go I suspect. Stringer would be a really good fit for us-can't see how we'd get him though.
Backline on right path and will continue to develop. Thurlow and zuthrie come in now and be good additions.
Still short a couple of quality mids. Need a Sam Mitchell type-strong and bullocks.
Motlop stays.
Parfitt, cocky, buzza , stewart-like them and look forwatd to watching them.
Consistency seems to be something we really need to find-the team from last week- where was it last night? Been the same all year and continued into the finals.

Nice to wake up to a positive outlook. I feel like there was a party at my place last night and some uninvited revellers have trashed the place.

Motlop stays.
Parfitt, cocky, buzza , stewart-like them and look forwatd to watching them.

How to get Stringer....
Stringer to Geelong,
Dangerfield back to Adelaide where he has a better chance of the elusive flag.
Lever to the Dogs.

It's not often I go into a Grand Final without wanting to barrack for either side, I'd usually at least prefer someone to win, but this year it's going to be a giant douche vs a turd sandwich. Brutal.

Lol, South Park fan

Didn't see the game as I've been sick in bed the last couple days, just woke up now aha almost 3am.

Sounds like last week was definitely our Grand Final. I was fine with losing because the Crows are such a great team. But sounds like we hardly put in an effort. Very disappointing especially considering it was Lonergan & Mackie's final game.
I think the players did put in effort actually. Oddly even in the third quarter we would have been right in it if we had got a run on. The issue wasn't effort but skills, game plan and superior opposition.

And if the info about Steve Hocking walking off down he race at the end of game and had to be called back by Scarlo and Boris to honour guard Mack and Domsy then that’s the perfect example of lacking character. I had mail earlier in the year he was a bit me me me and now he’s got the afl job it’s gotten worse.

I think Hocking isn't the only one down there who's me me me either Daz. Two players immediately come to mind as well.

How to get Stringer....
Stringer to Geelong,
Dangerfield back to Adelaide where he has a better chance of the elusive flag.
Lever to the Dogs.
Nice try!
Dangerfield came home because he wanted to come home-a flag would be a bonus for him but he was coming back regardless. He ain't leaving.

Just quietly, is anybody else infuriated by the reaction to Sloane's hit on danger? Raised the arm, went the man, collected him head-high and Danger had to leave the field. But you just know the script before it's already written. You know that if Danger did it and we won the game, he'd be going to the tribunal and all the commentators would be talking about it. It's such bullshit. By the laws of the game, Sloane should get a week. But it won't happen. Because the MRP will have some bullshit excuse like they always do. Danger gets rubbed out for a legal tackle, fine. Sloane hits danger head high whilst not going for the ball, that's fine. Hope he gets rubbed out purely for the equality factor. I'm sick of the double standards surrounding our games.

Not to mention his sliding trip that took Dangers legs out later in the 4th quarter!
Could easily have broken a second Cats legs this year but I would be very surprised if it is even mentioned like the Blitz one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Adelaide wins the prelim [WARNING: ZERO TOLERANCE TO TROLLING]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back