Adelaide's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

While you make some valid points, I'm not sure any other club could have that sort of roll call of players who have moved on.

Adelaide does have an issue with player retention

Yes but let's say there are 30 current and ex players in the AFL who are deemed good or better from the Crows if we had held onto some of those then others wouldn't have even made our team. Again, being able to make a team of exCrows is just highlighting that we have been able to cover our losses. It doesn't even speak to the fact these losses span a decade. Losing Davis and Gunston at one end and Keath, CEY and Greenwood at the other. Again i reckon it just shows Adelaide has become a bit of a footy factory. Even Robbo and Whateley who are notoriously antiCrow concede that salary cap issues mean Adelaide couldn't keep many of their losses in the past few years and that's where most of our losses from this team come from - the past 5 years where we have been carrying a contender's cap space or lackthereof.

If we had kept our Davis', Gunston s, Dangerfields how the hell would we have fit everyoneunder the cap anyway?

Yes but let's say there are 30 current and ex players in the AFL who are deemed good or better from the Crows if we had held onto some of those then others wouldn't have even made our team. Again, being able to make a team of exCrows is just highlighting that we have been able to cover our losses. It doesn't even speak to the fact these losses span a decade. Losing Davis and Gunston at one end and Keath, CEY and Greenwood at the other. Again i reckon it just shows Adelaide has become a bit of a footy factory. Even Robbo and Whateley who are notoriously antiCrow concede that salary cap issues mean Adelaide couldn't keep many of their losses in the past few years and that's where most of our losses from this team come from - the past 5 years where we have been carrying a contender's cap space or lackthereof.

If we had kept our Davis', Gunston s, Dangerfields how the hell would we have fit everyoneunder the cap anyway?
All teams have to manage the salary cap

:.........., Phil Davis, ...........

HB: Alex Keath, Jake Lever, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

C: Ed Curnow, Patrick Dangerfield, Ricky Henderson

HF: Josh Jenkins, Mitch McGovern, Jack Gunston

F: Eddie Betts, , Shaun McKernan, Charlie Cameron

R: Sam Jacobs, Hugh Greenwood, Jarryd Lyons

These are the players still playing in the AFL that have left Adelaide.

Does this core of players, albeit missing a couple of positions, look better than the current Crows team? I think it most certainly does.

Clearly have a fantastic ability to hold onto back pockets though. So it’s not all doom and gloom

anyone else notice this thread has become a haven for insecure Carlton and Port fans? Cheaper than therapy I suppose.

Imagine letting a club on the bottom of the ladder still live rentfree in your head.

FYI I take no pleasure or humour in seeing The Crows in the state you/they are in now.

I sympathize and fear you have a lot of lean years ahead.

You could put 6 SANFL level spuds in that side to fill on the numbers and it would still beat the current Crows team.

Brad Crouch will also leave at years end.

They are in a world of sh*t and will be for quite some time.
Port were able to turn it around after 2012 fairly quickly, or have you wiped that era from your memory? I think we are in for some extended time at the bottom, but I’m not sure why you’re taking joy in it, two strong SA sides is good for the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Due to COVID19 (which is showing no signs of abating) The Crows have picked simply the worst possible time to bottom out, who knows how many of the next few drafts will be affected with the coronavirus (surely it will still be around next year sadly)

Right now they seem to be in a similar position to Carlton at the end of 2002.
The AFL have said many times the draft will go ahead as normal this year, or are you to privy to new information? There is nothing to suggest a full season won’t get completed, it just won’t contain anymore games in Victoria.

:.........., Phil Davis, ...........

HB: Alex Keath, Jake Lever, Cam Ellis-Yolmen

C: Ed Curnow, Patrick Dangerfield, Ricky Henderson

HF: Josh Jenkins, Mitch McGovern, Jack Gunston

F: Eddie Betts, , Shaun McKernan, Charlie Cameron

R: Sam Jacobs, Hugh Greenwood, Jarryd Lyons

These are the players still playing in the AFL that have left Adelaide.

Does this core of players, albeit missing a couple of positions, look better than the current Crows team? I think it most certainly does.
Clarko could win a flag with that core

To me the crows should let both Crouch boys & Laird leave, to me it will be a blessing in disguise. Reality is Crows suck yet they have a lot of players with strong accolades playing. But I watch them play and very few of them actually seem to be good leaders and trying to lead the way for their young players and that is not a good sign.

Sloane is certainly cooked but he seems to lead the young kids very well whichis a good sign for the club, Even more so is Daniel Talia and Brodie Smith who are still playing well but are working hard to not just play there role but help the development of Doedee, McAsey and Hamill, this is very important for the club.

if I were the crows I would get rid of all senior players who are playing for themselves. Some will get you currency some won’t. Tom Lynch, Seedsman, Gibbs, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch, Mackay, Laird and Hartigan. All should be thanked by the club and moved on.

let Walker, Sloane, Talia, Brodie Smith lead the club forward, work hard on developing McHenry, Hamill, McAsey, Doedee, Frampton, Jones etc and just keep building through the youth along with Kelly, O BRIEN, Stengel, Forgarty etc.

these are all tough calls but ones I think should be made.

To me the crows should let both Crouch boys & Laird leave, to me it will be a blessing in disguise. Reality is Crows suck yet they have a lot of players with strong accolades playing. But I watch them play and very few of them actually seem to be good leaders and trying to lead the way for their young players and that is not a good sign.

Sloane is certainly cooked but he seems to lead the young kids very well whichis a good sign for the club, Even more so is Daniel Talia and Brodie Smith who are still playing well but are working hard to not just play there role but help the development of Doedee, McAsey and Hamill, this is very important for the club.

if I were the crows I would get rid of all senior players who are playing for themselves. Some will get you currency some won’t. Tom Lynch, Seedsman, Gibbs, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch, Mackay, Laird and Hartigan. All should be thanked by the club and moved on.

let Walker, Sloane, Talia, Brodie Smith lead the club forward, work hard on developing McHenry, Hamill, McAsey, Doedee, Frampton, Jones etc and just keep building through the youth along with Kelly, O BRIEN, Stengel, Forgarty etc.

these are all tough calls but ones I think should be made.
Won’t get too many Crows supporters disagreeing with any of that, nailed it 👍

Port were able to turn it around after 2012 fairly quickly, or have you wiped that era from your memory? I think we are in for some extended time at the bottom, but I’m not sure why you’re taking joy in it, two strong SA sides is good for the comp.
You're not sure why they're taking joy in it?
You should go and look at what your club said about Port Adelaide back in 2012.

Of course we want Adelaide to not be crap, but we're sure as hell going to remind you of it while you are.

Why would we not want Adelaide to be crap? Their implosion is bloody famtastic. The free ride they get from the media in this this town is outrageous and cringe worthy. Knocking them down so many pegs might actually do their club some good in the long-term. Looking at the state of their list they've got a very long way to come back and I for one will quiety enjoy every minute of it.

Why would we not want Adelaide to be crap? Their implosion is bloody famtastic. The free ride they get from the media in this this town is outrageous and cringe worthy. Knocking them down so many pegs might actually do their club some good in the long-term. Looking at the state of their list they've got a very long way to come back and I for one will quiety enjoy every minute of it.

I made the mistake of feeling pity for Port in 2011/12 - I was actually hoping they beat Melbourne in that first Adelaide Oval match so they avoided the spoon and gave it to Gold Coast

by the time 2014 rolled around and they were a bee's dick away from a GF, I was violently ill with the fact I hadn't revelled in their darkest time

I will never make the mistake of wanting anything but the absolute worst for Port again

I wouldn't expect it any different the other way around

The SA GREAT state pride argument is the biggest load of twaddle. The "it's good for SA Football" argument is a complete load of shit. We hate them and they hate us. The only thing we should be united on (along with the WA clubs) is fighting the Vic Bias in that permeates every level of the competition. Other than that, the Crows can eat a satchel full of dicks for all I care.

I'm an og hater. Round one 1991 left me with a continental sized chip on my shoulder where the Crows are concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide's decline

Remove this Banner Ad

Back