2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree.

He's not been good very week, but he's had more good than bad

Nope I've watched him quite closely and I'm not seeing it, he's miles off being capable of going body on body on the big "gorilla" AFL KPF's.

I hope like Hell he starts getting his mojo right as he was obviously drafted to takeover from Tals but I have my doubts now, certainly can't see him capable of going toe to toe with the AFL KPF's currently,

Needs a big pre-season over summer to improve his tank and to hit the gym and weights hard then I'll reassess. Until then for mine he's struggling.
I think his body is still a long way away.

But his positioning has improved and he's getting into the right spots. I trust his hands and disposal. There's something there.

Good set of highlights. Cook oozes x factor
Can't wait to see him debut ... hopefully become the Troy Menzel we hoped to have had.

brayden-monster-gif.1170360

Despite the loss, tons of positive signs

Cook - clearly has AFL qualities, was excellent up forward and dominated their defense when the ball went near him

Gollant - untidy with his kicks and could have had 5 goals but plenty to work with, strong in the air and competes

Hamill - class above this level, pointless playing him here and Mackay in the AFL

McAsey - thought he had a good game and continues to build, but time is running out to play AFL this year. Will benefit from an uninterrupted pre-season

Murphy - built nicely as the game went on, busy around the ground and ended with a game high 13 tackles

Fogarty - had an okay game. Felt he had two really strong periods in the second and last quarters and showed a lot in the contest, but was inconsistent

Lynch - too good for SANFL level, feel we will rush him in at all costs but IMO is still weeks away fitness wise. Offered no defensive pressure at all. Wouldn't play him over Gollant or Cook

Newchurch - worth persisting with, still think he has something

Strachan - was good in the ruck I felt, I'm leaning towards us retaining him given how many rucks were taken in the MSD. Is there anyone better than him at state level left?

McPherson - he was fine

Worrell - he was fine but hasn't replicated his early season form

O'Connor - he was fine, I still don't see many standout AFL traits but he is an effective inside player at SANFL level

Parnell - plenty to work with but a fair way off

Boralse - is the least good of our tall defenders, question marks over whether he makes it

McAdam - had an absolute stinker, couldn't get near it and won't play AFL again this year based on this effort

Himmelberg - didn't do much and has regressed badly

Davis - wasn't the worst player but I think we've given up on him

Good summary.

IMO Worrell was a bit better than fine but everything else pretty spot on.

Cook is exciting. Has such a clean pair of hands.

I think his body is still a long way away.

But his positioning has improved and he's getting into the right spots. I trust his hands and disposal. There's something there.

I thought he read the ball brilliantly during the game

Are there photo galleries available anywhere from SANFL games?

I’m excited to see what Cook, Gollant, McAsey and Worrell can do in 2022 after this year of SANFL development and a full preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a bit of Stevie J the way Cook goes about it.
Yeah I see that. I just like that he's so obviously a forward. The way his mind works, he's always trying to create, and find space to be dangerous, and then has the skills, and speed to back it up. Makes him a nightmare to play on (and in that clip you can physically see at 2.45 when he breaks his opponent).

You can't teach that in players, they either have it or they don't.

Newchurch, Gollant, Lynch

HF: Wright, Fogarty, McAdam

C: Kennedy, Boyle, B. Cook

HB: Parnell, Borlase, Worrell

B: Latchford, McAsey, McPherson

R: Strachan, O’Connor, O. Davis

INT: J. Mathews, Marini, AFL Emergencies

IN: Wright, J. Mathews, Kennedy, Marini

OUT: Murphy (AFL), B. Davis (AFL), Hall (hamstring), Baccanello (hamstring)

Shame this isn’t the Ch 7 game; I was keen for the Gollant, Cook and Horne show.
Buy a round pass if you're keen...$4.99 can't even by a cup of coffee for that these days.

Buy a round pass if you're keen...$4.99 can't even by a cup of coffee for that these days.

You need to find a new coffee place in that case ;)

Defense looks good but that midfield might struggle.

Defense looks good but that midfield might struggle.

Hamill, and Hately should bolster that.

It's not a crash hot midfield, but Strachan/Hately/O'Connor/O.Davis/Fogarty and top ups should put up a bit of a fight to South. Especially with Hamill/Cook/Parnell/Latchford on the outside.

I believe the Kennedy named is the Brother of Ben Kennedy the former Collingwood player. Making a Crows debut from the Myponga Mudlarks football club.

No posts? O'Conner has the chance to run on to the 2nd centre bounce, too slow and pushed away. Not see anything in this guy really. Oh and Worrell not showing yet he's up to it..spends most of his time on the ground trying to get up like me, an older man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back