2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones at Carlton turned himself from being a spud KPF to a very good KPD when his career was on the line

Can Billy do the same ?

It's a wooden spooners strategy imho

Delist

How is Crouch doing?

Unpopular opinion, but I think he adds something we don't have. He is deceptively elusive in close and stops and props until he can get a decent handball out to a teammmate in a better position. It is a plus that he does a lot of handballs, especially now that his brother is not in the team.

I haven't always been of this opinion, but I think we should keep him.

Unless ROB does a serious injury, he's not being replaced. He's earned his ruck spot, and no amount of bad performances are going to see it taken away from him.
No player should have an absolute mortgage on their position in the side

How long was this the situation with Jacobs, its not healthy....

Pressure on your spot helps create a high performance environment

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only problem is then you risk another team picking him up as a Delisted Free Agent before we can get him in the rookie draft. Seeing as there are very few good state league ruckmen out there, you'd think that he'd be attractive to a team that would need one. Happy with him taking a list spot just to prevent anything happening.
A player accepting a DFA contract is their decision. It's not a draft. He's uncontracted as is, so him being a DFA or uncontracted makes no difference.

The only risk is someone taking him before us in the draft, which I doubt would happen

No player should have an absolute mortgage on their position in the side

How long was this the situation with Jacobs, its not healthy....

Pressure on your spot helps create a high performance environment

That's how we roll though.

Look at Sloane in the midfield, Mackay on the wing, Lynch in the forward line.

We're about rewarding tenure, not performance.

That's how we roll though.

Look at Sloane in the midfield, Mackay on the wing, Lynch in the forward line.

We're about rewarding tenure, not performance.
It shouldne be

Im happy to give some ground for rhe captain of a club but all other positions should by earned, and kept on performances.

The DMac situation is one of footballs biggest unsolved mysteries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we swap Frampton with a traffic cone from the bin?
Billy our best so far
Billy on target for 60+ possessions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If he gets 60, place your house on him getting 7 touches or fewer when we bring him up to AFL level next week
Hello Scorpus .....on point with your views on Frampton playing back I see .......not

You need to free your mind up & stop being closed to opportunities .....don't pigeon hole your thoughts, you're wrong way too often

Hello Scorpus .....on point with your views on Frampton playing back I see .......not

You need to free your mind up & stop being closed to opportunities .....don't pigeon hole your thoughts, you're wrong way too often

Frampton has always looked good at SANFL level. His problem is AFL level where he will never make it in any role. Take it to the bank

His 21 disposals so far in defense is about as indicative of his AFL form as his 7 goals at this level earlier in the season

Frampton has always looked good at SANFL level. His problem is AFL level where he will never make it in any role. Take it to the bank
There's no guarantees ......but its worth a try with Frampton in DEF at AFL level

Rutten came as a CHF .....failed dismally at that, largely due the same reasons with Frampton .....no tricks and straight line runner .....but made the transition to DEF

His 21 disposals so far in defense is about as indicative of his AFL form as his 7 goals at this level earlier in the season
Agreed. The history of footy is littered with people who can look great in the state leagues but never make it as AFL players. The next Gary Ablett is one of these.

A player accepting a DFA contract is their decision. It's not a draft. He's uncontracted as is, so him being a DFA or uncontracted makes no difference.

The only risk is someone taking him before us in the draft, which I doubt would happen

But a team offering him just a marginal amount more than he'd be on with the rookie contract would be more attractive. Why stay at Adelaide on 100K rookie contract on a 1 year deal if given a 150K 2 year deal elsewhere for example. Happened with Ryan Abbott from Geelong a couple of years ago, who got delisted and then picked up by St Kilda even after being promised to be picked up again by Geelong in the rookie draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back