2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot to be enthused about from the 30 mins I saw. Cook by far looks the best young talent out there. Think he will be a star. Hately will be delisted once his contract is up. Pedlar doesn't seems to have a lot of class. I hope he develops it once he's fitter. Crouch looked good and hopefully we get a decent pick for him. Newchurch not really developing and too easily pushed off it.

Classic AFC fans. If Fog had the exact same game as Billy today, you’d all be demanding he gets selected, asking for a 10 year contract extension. Meanwhile, Billy must be delisted. The coaches put him at CHB and he did more than what was expected of him. Worth persisting with. The list can’t get any worse.
I agree, he is obviously all but done as an AFL forward at this juncture so why not experiment while he has a year to run on his contract. Nothing whatsoever to lose.

We have to be the least skilled side in both the AFL and SANFL.

long bombs to opposition players constantly.

who would want to play forward for us.

And don’t get me started on the use of Pedlar. He is stuck at half forward for 3/4 and does nothing. Put him on the ball in the last quarter and he gets 10 touches.

guess what AFC - Pedlar is a midfielder you bunch of ****ing twats.

Newchurch injured or just suck as usual? Is he contracted beyond this year? Hope not.
Think he's just not up to the level.

Shame, but I'd keep him for another year just to see if he can find something. Plenty more deadwood to flick first

I agree, he is obviously all but done as an AFL forward at this juncture so why not experiment while he has a year to run on his contract. Nothing whatsoever to lose.
31 touches suggests there is something worth persisting with, this is a 200cm 23 year old.

We can't get our dedicated mids to get that much of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newchurch injured or just suck as usual? Is he contracted beyond this year? Hope not.
not much for the forwards today.. ball barely got down there and when it did our delivery to them was disgusting..

looked like it was newie and wright as our small forwards... wright got bugger all too..

not much for the forwards today.. ball barely got down there and when it did our delivery to them was disgusting..

looked like it was newie and wright as our small forwards... wright got bugger all too..

Wright has completely lost it since his injury. In the first part of the season he was always in our best.

31 touches suggests there is something worth persisting with, this is a 200cm 23 year old.

We can't get our dedicated mids to get that much of it.
Fair enough but did you watch the game, he certainly had plenty of opportunities with the amount of incoming footy.
Certainly worth persisting with the experiment that said.

I'm an optimist - but shit the terrible delivery on display today was hard to watch.

I'm an optimist - but sh*t the terrible delivery on display today was hard to watch.
That we can agree on.

Interested in your take on Hately's game given he was played around the ball all day.

I saw nothing that even raised my pulse from him today, plenty of nothing possessions?

This is it.
I think he has the skill and attributes, but the problems are all in the head. He needs to go hard all the time, but he rarely goes.
I don't even know that he is lazy, per se; he does a lot of watching, not going. Is this a lack of confidence, coaching problems?
No different to his junior football at the Roosters, night be an AFL footballer at some stage with his raw attributes but I think that's years off if at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back