2nds AFC 2022 SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madgen will definitely be a help in defence after losing Frampton.
Yea, was thinking we'd be lacking for height in the SANFL nowadays. It'd be Madgen, Michaelanney and Borlase assuming Worrell stays in the main side in 2023 and none of them would be "true" KPD size (assuming McAsey doesn't play, still a ? there)

Yea, was thinking we'd be lacking for height in the SANFL nowadays. It'd be Madgen, Michaelanney and Borlase assuming Worrell stays in the main side in 2023 and none of them would be "true" KPD size (assuming McAsey doesn't play, still a ? there)
Not many 200cm forwards in the SANFL...i.e. Daniel Menzel 188cm was the SANFL's leading goalkicker and Lachie Hosie 189cm was the runner up this year.

Wonder if we use Madgen as skipper then.
Still nothing official from the club, I'm thinking big Matty's "foot in mouth" continues.

Club might not appreciate his inside "family" mail being released publically before all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.

From SANFL site as our current ins

COMING
Blayne O’Loughlin (North Adelaide), Hugh Haysman (SPOC OC/West Adelaide), Stephen Tahana (Gaza), Jaidan Kappler (Noarlunga/South Adelaide), Dylan Whimpress (Nairne Bremer/South Adelaide), Jarman Sigal (Brighton/Glenelg)

COMING
Blayne O’Loughlin (North Adelaide), Hugh Haysman (SPOC OC/West Adelaide), Stephen Tahana (Gaza), Jaidan Kappler (Noarlunga/South Adelaide), Dylan Whim-press (Nairne Bremer/South Adelaide), Jarman Sigal (Brighton/Glenelg)

Is that Darren Kappler’s son who used to play for Hawthorn/Fitzroy and South Adelaide?

Is that Darren Kappler’s son who used to play for Hawthorn/Fitzroy and South Adelaide?
Brother David Kappler's son

David a 4 time South's Knuckey Cup winner (B &F)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darrens nephew

David Kapplers son.
Brother David Kappler's son

David a 4 time South's Knuckey Cup winner (B &F)

Thanks to both of you.

From memory, David was an extremely good footballer as well as Darren. Good football legacy

COMING
Blayne O’Loughlin (North Adelaide), Hugh Haysman (SPOC OC/West Adelaide), Stephen Tahana (Gaza), Jaidan Kappler (Noarlunga/South Adelaide), Dylan Whimpress (Nairne Bremer/South Adelaide), Jarman Sigal (Brighton/Glenelg)
Whimpress from memory was a teammate of Darcy Fogarty in the SA U18's team that year, played mostly as a running half back/winger for South.

Still nothing official from the club, I'm thinking big Matty's "foot in mouth" continues.

Club might not appreciate his inside "family" mail being released publically before all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.
Magden has put himself in the Draft ....I assume any announcement will be delayed, till after the Draft

Stephen Tahana was thought to be a very strong draft chance after some good footy for SA during the U18's championships in his draft year playing as a small defender but went undrafted and eventually played some VFL for Collingwood and the Saints VFL (Sandringham)/

Stephen Tahana was thought to be a very strong draft chance after some good footy for SA during the U18's championships in his draft year playing as a small defender but went undrafted and eventually played some VFL for Collingwood and the Saints VFL (Sandringham)/
I remember his name from the draft. Looked a reasonable prospect.

The SANFL additions look pretty good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back