AFL 2017 Second Elimination Final, Sydney Swans v Essendon 16:20 AEST : Sydney Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Their pain is numbed by 4 premierships. Derp.

I'm not childishly questioning if they're upset. I agree with you. What they are to delusional to see is that throwing the kitchen sink at your list each year to be that good for a few years has a price. They have a great coach though and he may be able to keep an ordinary list around the middle of the table. They won't be challenging for a decade.

tumblr_ogx1uaTwBD1vf6iono1_400.gif

"What a great season - From wooden spoon into the finals"

I suppose the return of the banished ped players would of helped with that resurgence seeing as they had made the finals the year before.

Thank **** this is the end of the afl propaganda "feel good storyline"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Braaaavvvee Lingus. Just a total embarrassment by Essendone. They were the worst of the lot out of possible finalists in Demons, Saints, Dogs and Hawks.

"What a great season - From wooden spoon into the finals"

I suppose the return of the banished ped players would of helped with that resurgence seeing as they had made the finals the year before.

Thank **** this is the end of the afl propaganda "feel good storyline"
don't forget our #1 pick.
and it was 2 years before. 2015 was rather garbage.

I'm not childishly questioning if they're upset. I agree with you. What they are to delusional to see is that throwing the kitchen sink at your list each year to be that good for a few years has a price. They have a great coach though and he may be able to keep an ordinary list around the middle of the table. They won't be challenging for a decade.

What do you suggest they should of done when there first pick was always 19+ - not all of us get a first pick for rorting the game

"Unearthed some new kids" no where near as good as the players that are retiring. I swear Hawthorn supporters all talk about their future and having young guns so far this season to cover up the fact their pretty shit this year
Did I say that they're going to be stars? We had a shit start absolutely but picked up the pieces after the break. Win an extra 2-3 games and we would have been in the finals..... which doesn't really speak too highly of the standard of the current competition. You just worry about what your team does ..... you haven't won anything yet.

we copped the one team everyone wanted to avoid in the finals at their home ground.

Non-Sydney teams who have sewn up finals spots next year should consider tanking games against Hawthorn to let us into the 8 in the hope we can take out Sydney for them. The only team in the 8 we wouldn't have been scared of had we made it, and it is quite possible the only team capable of stopping them once they hit form this year. Thought Essendon had a chance after you got so close last time (looked like you had it won really), and Sydney were already in decent form at that stage, so this is definitely a disappointing result.

We were fodder if we didn't turn up at 100% and maybe the swans had a poor one.
Went completely opposite, so whatever. Its been a better year than the last 15 if I'm honest.
Not finishing bottom 6 was a pass, making the finals is a good season

Fair enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2017 Second Elimination Final, Sydney Swans v Essendon 16:20 AEST : Sydney Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back