AFL 2017 Second Elimination Final, Sydney Swans v Essendon 16:20 AEST : Sydney Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

lol. Back from 5 weeks off and his first final (im pretty sure). He'd be in every forward line in the comp

right on queue

Makes up for giving away that 50 for sooking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the Hawks might have had a different story to tell. Also if I was Sydney , I wouldn't be expecting the same turn out as today, next time.
When you walk over opponents that probably are a year too early , it really means nothing, Richmond on the other hand played a very good side and out powered them, they know what it takes .
The Crows had an uncertain fumbly GWS, that tried a bit, but not enough and the Crows showed their class and just over road them.
As for Sydney , yes they've had a big turn around after round 6 , but today they've played a team that didn't look like they were breathing, let alone playing footy, that won't happen next week when they take on a qualifying loser , who will be very angry.
You like to beat a hard opponent , today ESSENDON DIDN'T TURN UP.
beaten by the form side and GF favourites on their home deck. Yeah we've been poor but thats also due to how well theyve played

I honestly wonder if Worsfolds woeful pre-match address is an indicator of his tactical preparation. Because they have not tried to stretch Sydney at all with any sort of play.

Well the Hawks might have had a different story to tell. Also if I was Sydney , I wouldn't be expecting the same turn out as today, next time.
When you walk over opponents that probably are a year too early , it really means nothing, Richmond on the other hand played a very good side and out powered them, they know what it takes .
The Crows had an uncertain fumbly GWS, that tried a bit, but not enough and the Crows showed their class and just over road them.
As for Sydney , yes they've had a big turn around after round 6 , but today they've played a team that didn't look like they were breathing, let alone playing footy, that won't happen next week when they take on a qualifying loser , who will be very angry.
You like to beat a hard opponent , today ESSENDON DIDN'T TURN UP.

I was thinking along the same lines. It wouldn't surprise me to see Geelong win comfortably next week. You have a team who is coming off a tough loss who actually did try hard for the majority of the game, VS a team who has just come off literally a training drill. Would not surprise me if Sydney are now softened by this game and come out playing soft football next week.

How's the stat quoted by Bennett?!

Essendon haven't won a final since 1968, other than under Sheedy.

Amazing. Albeit Sheedy the master was there for nearly 30 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2017 Second Elimination Final, Sydney Swans v Essendon 16:20 AEST : Sydney Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back