Votes: 49 15.0%
  • Collingwood 20>40

Votes: 72 22.0%
  • Collingwood by 41+

Votes: 72 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Mayne be the first ex Fremantle player since Winston Abraham and Peter Bell to possibly win a premiership? Not being sarcastic, just can't think of anyone else atm.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone. It would be nice for Mayne to make it three.

Edit: Leigh Brown. So Mayney to make it four :thumbsu:

It's all pretty simple - Treloar was right. Pies have a better list than Tigers.

Tigers zero injuries and beat Pies twice during the season courtesy of the fact we have two rotations down before half time in both games.

Business end of the season we have the best team on the park we've had all year (by no means our best 22), Martin under a cloud and Ashbury possibly shouldn't have played (but no one to come in for him).

We slaughter them.

Lol you contradict yourself in your own post!

Put down the tins and stop making a fool of yourself!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow happy with that? Little wonder you lost then! Read all about it- tigers happy with minor premiers! Weird comments!
I’m happy we won so many games, how is that so hard to understand?
We lost to the better team on the night, it was Collingwoods night tonight- simple as that.

Except we won how many games straight at the mcg? Must have been a fluke.
We still finished on top of the ladder and I’m happy with that. If you knock that you’re just plain delusional.

Read my earlier post (quote):
Nah - great season.
Pies dominated the contest tonight and the Tiges couldn't get started.
We only lost 2 H&A games in 2011 and lost the GF - hard to go back to back - I feel for ya.
Respect.:thumbsu:

One thing definitely not "delusional" is the lack of respect shown throughout the year by Richmond supporters on BF.
Hardwick again tonight in his presser re-iterated that he thought the Pies were the toughest opposition the Tigers had faced in the H&A season and had a great systematic playing style.
Richmond BF posters quick to downplay the impact of injuries on the Pies team in both those H&A games, both at availability for selection and in regard to injuries depleting the bench on game day. Also our lack of wins against other top 8 teams. Honorable losses etc etc...
Tonight, Richmond supporters ****-a-hoop before the game, arrogant even, now after the game is lost expect courtesy to be extended re a supposed gastro outbreak (?) and Dusty and Astbury not fit to play. Excuse me if I extend the same sympathetic attitude that Tigers supporters gave to the Pies. Karma can be a bitch sometimes.
Like last year the Crows were best in the H&A season but lost to Richmond in the finals.
I am happy to acknowledge Richmond have been the best team in the H&A season (like the Pies in 2011)...just not in the final tonight.

Bad luck.
I felt for the players after a great season.
Back to back is extremely difficult.

Your supporters though...they can go and eat giant dick, the arrogant dickheads.
Your board has been awash with body fluids for weeks.
I would be embarrassed to be a member of that board.

This post.... POTY

These posts fly in the face of Cox's aerial work against the Tigers this year. In the 2 games he averaged

6 marks (6,6), 3 contested marks (4,2), 3.5 marks inside 50 (4,3) and 2 goals (2,2). This was in 2 losing games

To give some perspective if he averaged that for his season he would be a plus 40 goals forward leading the comp in contested marks and 3rd in the comp for marks inside 50.

These figures dont suggest the Tigers have found it easy to nullify Cox's aerial threat this season. Who knows how much more dangerous he would be in a winning side.
On point!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2018 1st Prelim Final : Richmond v Collingwood: 19:50 AEST, MCG

Back