Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 - Suns V Eagles Sat 13th 7:40pm AEST (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

• Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies were dominated by the best team in the comp (who just butchered their way to a draw)

Hawks aren’t much cop, Cats at home are always dominant.

Dees and Crows are shit.

WC just lost by nearly eight goals to a team who hadn’t won for 18 games. One of these things is not like the others......
Port Adelaide 2020 *premiers?

Pies were dominated by the best team in the comp (who just butchered their way to a draw)

Hawks aren’t much cop, Cats at home are always dominant.

Dees and Crows are shit.

WC just lost by nearly eight goals to a team who hadn’t won for 18 games. One of these things is not like the others......
I agree, this one is some boil over, I'm speechless that just happened tbh.

You can enjoy Rowell’s game and talent without bringing down another 19 year old.

The fact that Walsh is the go to comparison for gun first year players shows how good he is. Rowell is, or will be, in that company.

No actually.

Carlton supporters loved hanging shit on anyone merely suggesting it last year when Rowell was tearing up the u18’s

But for possibly the most clutch goal in recent grand finals this WC side could go down as the most disappointing collection of talent in a while. They’ve drafted really well, have such a dominant collection of talls, a few elite mids yet they’re capable of dishing that up.

Everyone gets a pass I suppose this week, but that’s a critical four points in a shortened season. They could easily have compromised their top four chances there.
Agree.
They were just total puss tonight (tho the suns were good too) ,I still think they have the most talented and balanced list in the comp but Continue to dish up efforts like tonight and they ll well and truly waste a golden chance at another flag.

Port Adelaide 2020 *premiers?

Not a bad bet for top four.

But no, while it pains me to admit it Richmond couldn’t hit a barn door from three yards and still dominated probably the second best team in the comp for nearly three quarters.

GWS might be a challenger because every game without fans is obviously like a home ground advantage for them, but tigers clear favourites.

No actually.

Carlton supporters loved hanging shit on anyone merely suggesting it last year when Rowell was tearing up the u18’s

Because comparing an U18 to a guy who had arguably the best first year ever was stupid.

If Rowell continues to put up numbers like tonight he’ll beat Walsh in that regard. Anything less and they’ll be neck in neck. The conversation is valid now.

Coaster2012

Remember when West Coast were a good side?
Guarantee you this isn’t the last result like this we see this season. The whole footy season is cooked. It’ll probably show who the best side is mentally but that’ll be it. Doesn’t matter how much talent there is on the list, if most of the players have mentally checked out of the season there’s no hope.

Because comparing an U18 to a guy who had arguably the best first year ever was stupid.

If Rowell continues to put up numbers like tonight he’ll beat Walsh in that regard. Anything less and they’ll be neck in neck. The conversation is valid now.

It’s not stupid, it’s actually being able to look past things and compare the nuances of their games.

Blind Freddy can see Rowell has 4-5 strings to his bow that Walsh will never really have.

The kid was absolutely walking through tackles tonight against big boys in Yeo and Kelly, kicking was superb, he’s got elite endurance and just like juniors he hits the scoreboard regularly.

The last genuinely frightening 18 year old like him funnily enough was probably Jaeger before injuries destroyed him.

The crazy thing is, Rowell is only about 180cm. He’s an absolute cannonball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad bet for top four.

But no, while it pains me to admit it Richmond couldn’t hit a barn door from three yards and still dominated probably the second best team in the comp for nearly three quarters.

GWS might be a challenger because every game without fans is obviously like a home ground advantage for them, but tigers clear favourites.
Yeah not sure about the Tigers especially with the shorter games. It suites teams like Port & Ess although Ess don't have the cattle. We did control the last 3 quarters but were very lucky with some questionable officiating.
Being unbiases, I think Pies still favourites & Port defiantly a smoky for mine.

I know it is just one game but Rowell looks like a future Brownlow medalist. How can a kid be that good in his second game?

Last year in the TAC Cup GF the two best on ground were Rowell and Anderson but Rowell was miles ahead of anyone else that game. It was an absurdly dominant display

Guarantee you this isn’t the last result like this we see this season. The whole footy season is cooked. It’ll probably show who the best side is mentally but that’ll be it. Doesn’t matter how much talent there is on the list, if most of the players have mentally checked out of the season there’s no hope.
I saw 22 players who didn’t mentally check out

West Coast are an experienced side and a professional club. Bit of an indictment on them if they've allowed themselves to 'check out' of a season which could have yielded a flag.

First quarter cost the Blues today. Walsh had a poorer game but still picked up 20 odd touches.

Loved the Suns tonight

You’re right, obviously the first quarter was disastrous- but even then blues should’ve won.

Walsh is a great player, just not a good ball user. Think you just need someone with polish by foot beside him and Cripps.

Melbourne will do this multiple times this season - look like guns in the first quarter, then capitulate because there’s something lacking there. I’m going to pay for a holiday by backing against them in play this year hopefully.

Agree, just copied & pasted his troll in our game on Thurs night as I thought it was fitting.
This season will be so unpredictable hence why i think it suits a team like Port Adelaide.

It’s not stupid, it’s actually being able to look past things and compare the nuances of their games.

Blind Freddy can see Rowell has 4-5 strings to his bow that Walsh will never really have.

The kid was absolutely walking through tackles tonight, kicking was superb, he’s got elite endurance and just like juniors he hits the scoreboard regularly.

The last genuinely frightening 18 year old like him funnily enough was probably Jaeger.

They are different players. Rowell is a bit more ready made than Walsh and his game translates better than Walsh’s

I’m not saying the kid isn’t a bull and I’m not saying he won’t be better than Walsh, but you (or the original poster) have extremely short memories. Walshy blitzed his first year and it’ll take a few more of these types of games for Rowell to overtake that. Respect where it’s due.

I saw 22 players who didn’t mentally check out
That was the gist of my post. The younger sides and sides with nothing to lose will come out the best because the mentality is a little more natural and motivation is already there. The sides with huge expectation and pressure have to create their own motivation to even bother with a compromised season, and that is the big challenge. Like I said.. this isn’t the last time we see a wacky result this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 - Suns V Eagles Sat 13th 7:40pm AEST (Metricon)

Back