Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 - Suns V Eagles Sat 13th 7:40pm AEST (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

• Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They are different players. Rowell is a bit more ready made than Walsh and his game translates better than Walsh’s

I’m not saying the kid isn’t a bull and I’m not saying he won’t be better than Walsh, but you (or the original poster) have extremely short memories. Walshy blitzed his first year and it’ll take a few more of these types of games for Rowell to overtake that. Respect where it’s due.

You might want to check the stats and remember what Rowell did tonight was essentially 3 quarters.

Tonight was a better game than anything Walsh has produced and head to head with better opponents to boot.

Yeo is literally the best 2 way midfielder in the game, he’s the guy WC regularly send head to head to take on the Fyfe’s, Cripps, Dusty, Danger types. He’s a defensive animal.

He couldn’t handle Rowell for certain periods of tonight and he’s in his second game.

Walsh was good (With clear flaws in his game), Rowell is frighteningly good (with very few flaws in his game)

West Coast are an experienced side and a professional club. Bit of an indictment on them if they've allowed themselves to 'check out' of a season which could have yielded a flag.
The club wouldn’t have actively checked out.. clearly. But subconsciously a few of the players definitely would be questioning their desire to bother which would filter through. So far Freo and ourselves are the only ones that have had a major upheaval of location, everyone else so far have played in relative comfort.

Freo definitely handled it better based on today’s results but it comes down to the same point.. Freo have something to prove this year while we don’t really need to “prove” anything, just needing to win our games. It was Gold Coast though to be fair, should still be taking care of them. But the people taking it as a normal result when the circumstances are far from normal are where I have a little bit of an issue.

You might want to check the stats and remember what Rowell did tonight was essentially 3 quarters.

Tonight was a better game than anything Walsh has produced and head to head with better opponents to boot.

Yeo is literally the best 2 way midfielder in the game, he’s the guy WC regularly send head to head to take on the Fyfe’s, Cripps, Dusty, Danger types. He’s a defensive animal.

He couldn’t handle Rowell for certain periods of tonight and he’s in his second game.

Walsh was good (With clear flaws in his game), Rowell is frighteningly good (with very few flaws in his game)

Walsh had 31 and a goal against the same midfield last season, and was/is nowhere near as ready made as Rowell.

If you’re happy to base all of that on one game (an admittedly outstanding one) be my guest.

I’ll make a judgment after Rowell completes a full season or close too, at the level Walsh did. I think he absolutely can and most likely will. Have got no issues with anyone rating Rowell above Walsh, but bashing Walsh like he didn’t just have probably the best first season ever is absurd. There’s a reason why Rowell is being compared to him.

That was the gist of my post. The younger sides and sides with nothing to lose will come out the best because the mentality is a little more natural and motivation is already there. The sides with huge expectation and pressure have to create their own motivation to even bother with a compromised season, and that is the big challenge. Like I said.. this isn’t the last time we see a wacky result this year.
We see wacky results every year.....

Rowell honestly looks like Walsh with + 5 disposals per game and unreal goal sense. It's scary hahahha. Remember the name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the gist of my post. The younger sides and sides with nothing to lose will come out the best because the mentality is a little more natural and motivation is already there. The sides with huge expectation and pressure have to create their own motivation to even bother with a compromised season, and that is the big challenge. Like I said.. this isn’t the last time we see a wacky result this year.

By this rationale you’d have expected Geelong to have some trouble - smashed the hawks. Port older than Adelaide - annihilated them.

I’d expect older, more experienced teams to be more professional. WC just lost a really valuable four points by not being ready for professional footy.

This season will still have a premier, and because it’s a shortened season every game counts even more. Take nothing away from GC, but for WC to dish that up during a premiership window in a shortened season was shocking.

Rules have been changed many a time for many a club and or player (Yo Tobes)

But continue your complaints. Won’t get you anywhere.

Will they did for the GC but it definitely won’t for the Saints I fully agree.

Sleep tight sweet now prince/princess, smug in the woolly cotton brain of infancy.

Will they did for the GC but it definitely won’t for the Saints I fully agree.

Sleep tight sweet now prince/princess, smug in the woolly cotton brain of infancy.

You lot really are brittle.
Oh well we had our time being blamed for the Saints being garbage for decades it’s now the Suns fans turn.

The better team today. Rowell is something else. Dont know why a team would ever waste pick 1 on anything but a midfielder again. Almost always backfires. Last 2 pick 1s have been jets.

Gold coast look primed to improve this year. I'm not writing off West Coast yet. Theyve had an odd start to the season so I'm going to hold out hope. Let's have our worst loss of the year right now. Theres alot of footy left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 R2 - Suns V Eagles Sat 13th 7:40pm AEST (Metricon)

Back