Autopsy AFL 2021 Finals Week 1 - QF1 Demons v Lions Sat August 28th 7pm CST/ 7:30pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons y a goal or less

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Demons by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Full Time

Clear frees paid

Melbourne: 11

Brisbane: 6

Clear frees missed

Melbourne: 9 (Q2 – Brisbane ruckman incorrectly disposes it, Q2 – Brisbane player holding the ball, Q2 – Brisbane ruckman didn’t separate in boundary throw in and was within 1m of Gawn, was even holding him lol, Q3 – Neale throws it to himself BEFORE getting handball out, Q3 – Unrealistic attempt by Brisbane forward, Q4 – Brisbane player clear throw, Q4 – Daniel Rich throw, Q4 – McInerney held Gawn back in the ruck contest off the throw in Q4 – Zorko elbow to the head. Not only a missed free, a missed report.)

Brisbane: 11 (Q1 - Oliver incorrect disposal, Q1 – Gawn holding the ball, Q3 – Lever throws ball out to avoid htb Q3 – No sufficient attempt by Lever to get the ball out, Q3 – Brisbane player hung onto, Q3 – May sheapharded beyond the legal distance. Q4 – Melbourne player gets ball and goes straight to ground with no attempt to dispose of it. Q4 – Melbourne player had no eyes for football and caused front on contact, Q4 – Brown threw it over Petraccas head, Q4 – Melbourne ruckman holds McInerney back in the ruck contest off the throw in Q4 – Melbourne defender (red head) chopped the arms)

“50/50s” paid

Melbourne: 3

Brisbane: 2

“50/50s” missed

Melbourne: 29

Brisbane: 27

Bad calls paid

Melbourne: 5 (Q3 – Tackle was not dangerous, Q3 – That was not high on Oliver. ARGUABLY in the back, but if that’s in the back so are most specky attempts. Q4 – Harris Andrews attacking the ball, not ‘front on contact’, Q4 – “In the back, free kick Melbourne”? If anything, a dive and a fine. Nothing in it, Q4 – The intercept mark center wing off of Daniher, wasn’t 15m)

Brisbane: 7 (Q1 – High in ruck infringement, Q2 – Where the **** was the 50?, 4 replays and im still confused. Q2 – Mark paid which did not travel 15m Q3 – Wasn’t in the back, Neale took a dive, Q3 – Melbourne player tackled instantly with no prior opportunity while still trying to get it out. Paid HTB Q3 – Umpire paid holding against Gawn, there was no hold. Q4 – “Push in the back, free kick Brisbane” Optical illusion. Hands were outstretched to soften land on ground, hands were by Brisbane players side, not in back, just looked it as Brisbane player dove)

50s missed

Melbourne: 8 (Q1 – Brisbane player enters protected area after Lever mark, Q1 – Daniher knocks ball out of May’s hand, Q1 – Brisbane player did not stand the mark, Q2 – Brisbane player did not stand the mark, Q2 – Brisbane player goes over mark and holds up Brown from moving on the ball quickly, Q3 – Brisbane player runs through mark, Q3 - Brisbane player casually wanders over mark, Q3 – To get on mark, Brisbane player enters through the protected zone.)

Brisbane: 5 (Q1 – Melbourne player clearly goes over mark and hangs on to avoid quick movement, Q3 – Melbourne player doesn’t stand mark to turn around and whinge to umpire, Q3 – Melbourne player encroached over the mark before “stand”ing, Q4 – Melbourne player clearly goes over the matrk Q4 – Salem knocked Brisbane player down after mark)

Get over it.

Melbourne was far the better team on the night.

Fagan won't make excuses, nor should be.

Jono Brown said the result was like a 10 goal loss on Fox Footy right now.

Also you have too much time on your hands dude..sheesh

Say hello to the new Mick Molloy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Titus is a true Melbourne supporter, still expecting devastating losses even if they win seven consecutive premierships.

Get over it.

Melbourne was far the better team on the night.

Fagan won't make excuses, nor should be.

Jono Brown said the result was like a 10 goal loss on Fox Footy right now.

Also you have too much time on your hands dude..sheesh
I actually thought the umpires were fair.
I just did it out of my own curiosity.
Hence why I started from the opening whistle.

Last night in the other QF Id have some fun and take the POV of a hardcore fanatical Geelong fan. Alot more "50/50s" were being paid Geelong's way, but I could see you could twist what wasnt paid as actually being pro-Port umpiring. (I dont agree with that, I was just having some fun taking that perspective)

I did this to see how many 50/50 scenerios occur in a match. Initially I was going to explain all decisions. But when I was 2 minutes behind live time 3 minutes into the match I went, **** it. Ill just explain the obvious mistakes and just number the 50/50s

And to say too much time?
That was doing it live and rewinding replayswhen needed.
I was only on average 20sec behind all game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likewise, be very happy to see Demons go all the way. Just worry about relying on Fritsch and Brown for goals- not sure I see them as the kind to stand up in a GF.

I’m more worried about Tom McDonald, been moving likes he’s wearing banana peels for shoes since he missed two games with his back injury.

Nathan Jones a chance for prelim? Be a sad sad hard luck story if he doesn’t take part
Think he will be med sub if we make the dance.

Nathan Jones a chance for prelim? Be a sad sad hard luck story if he doesn’t take part
They've gotta try and put him as the med sub for the Prelim + GF. Hard to think of a player that deserves a flag more.

Port for me. Only have to turn up on the game that matters. No bye before finals so huge advantage with week off. History will say that there arent many teams that win GF first year in finals. Admittedly Demons were in finals in 2018 but they havent featured in finals for best part of ten years apart from that.

No room for romanticism. Would need a horrific run of training injuries for this to happen. He’d be behind Jordon, Melksham and even vandenBerg has been preferred to him as a utility/mid.

He was never fast, but he’s slowed down more and his foot skills were only ever solid and he’s lost kicking penetration. He can’t apply the pressure the game plan requires either.

Queensland were downgraded to low risk by WA during the week (which is what SA, until they were dropped to very low risk). Hopefully that's enough to get a semi in Brisbane.
Low risk for WA is still 14 days quarantine on arrival. For SA the rules are more relaxed but would need to possibly stay in Adelaide the whole week after and fly in to Perth the day of the game. Also my understanding is that the AFL are trying to keep all finals in the 3 current states

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2021 Finals Week 1 - QF1 Demons v Lions Sat August 28th 7pm CST/ 7:30pm EST (AO)

Back