Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Pies v North Sat July 9th 1:45pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Vomit worthy how many Pies players are throwing their head back when they feel the tackle.

Correct.

As soon as he takes possession he has no intent to move it on or find a teammate as it is straight to the knees and ducking while having raised arms in the process to make the tackle go high.

Terrible look for the game and these incidents are not 1 offs it is literally every time he takes possession trying to milk free kicks.

If they're serious about protecting the head they need to start penalising blokes for creating contact to their own head, leading with the head in contests, etc.

I'm happy if they start by fining after games rather than free kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct.

As soon as he takes possession he has no intent to move it on or find a teammate as it is straight to the knees and ducking while having raised arms in the process to make the tackle go high.

Terrible look for the game and these incidents are not 1 offs it is literally every time he takes possession trying to milk free kicks.
The simple answer to this is just to not pay them anymore to anyone. It took 5 weeks for players to stop burrowing their heads into opponents to win free kicks, it isnt a hard fix.

I'd be so embarrassed if I was known for ducking and playing for free kicks. The AFL need to get this horrible look out of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 17 - Pies v North Sat July 9th 1:45pm EST (MCG)

Back