Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 28.5%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To all the sooking neutrals in here I love the sweet taste of all your salty tears. The Pies finished #1, beat Melbourne then GWS to make the GF yet most of you insult the team........imagine how great we'd be if we were actually good?? Go Pies! Bring on the Blues or Lions we'll grind them all down to dust.

I have this strange feeling that:
1. Brisbane won't kick straight and Carlton will get through to a GF, having won all their finals because teams didn't kick straight against them.
2. Carlton won't fire a shot in the GF.
3. We will have a sad, one sided final with Daicos winning a normy being a big down hill skier, over De Goey who does all the heavy lifting early on.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
You're right...your feeling is very strange.

Rosebury is usually pretty good but was complete s**t tonight.
Him stopping play because he thought it was over the boundary line should see him struck off being a field umpire next week.

As much as GWS were their own worst enemy, the AFL can not be happy at all with the standard of umpiring in this game.

Firstly, the AFL must crack down on umpires who umpire for affirmation. Its not a professional look and the AFL must take a stand. The old attitude of umpires make mistakes is simply not good enough in a professional sport.

Secondly, why does the AFL persist with throwing the whistle away in the last quarter. Its says everything you need to know about just how amateur the AFL is. Fans would rather see free kicks paid then 3 minutes of ball ups. Collingwood players spent the last 2 minutes of the game literally diving on top of the ball to create ball ups. The very thing that's been holding the ball for the best part of over a decade. Thats incredibly disappointing. If they paid one we would have had an exciting last minute has GWS would have had a play. Instead the umpires broke the laws of the game because they were either frightened, incompetent, cheats or under instruction to not pay any free kicks.

This is why im an advocate for umpires being publicly criticised by players, coaches and the media. Umpires need to take ownership of their performances and be under scrutiny like everyone else in a professional sport. They are paid the big bucks for a reason.
Yer, having umpires publicly criticised will really entice young people to get into umpiring, when they struggle to get umpires the way it is now. And no matter how many times Collingwood players dived on the ball in the last 2 minutes, none of them were free kicks. It wasn't holding the ball today, and it hasn't been holding the ball in the last decade either. Don't let the truth get in the way of your post, it will ruin your fairytale narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have this strange feeling that:
1. Brisbane won't kick straight and Carlton will get through to a GF, having won all their finals because teams didn't kick straight against them.
2. Carlton won't fire a shot in the GF.
3. We will have a sad, one sided final with Daicos winning a normy being a big down hill skier, over De Goey who does all the heavy lifting early on.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
You can relax mate we are 5-1 up on them in the big dance wheoever wins tomorrow wins the flag

Can we also not forget that Jordan De Goey was allowed to try a fend off, got brought to ground and wasn't called HTB
The ball directly went inside 50 and they got a behind off of it.

Turned out to be a very handy behind.
Yep… from first look you think probably play on because the tackle never fully held JDG up but the moment he put the ball on the ground whilst still having the tackler holding him is 100% HTB

That last five minutes wow!! I don't think I've seen anything like it in terms of tension. An amazing run from the Giants that just fall short love the way they've played during this run.

Jumping on the Lions Bandwagon now!! I don't think I can cope with Collingwood V Carlton GF 🤢

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 First Preliminary Final - Pies v GWS Fri Sept 22nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Back