Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Lions v Blues Friday March 8th 7:40pm AEDT (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 39.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues we're the better team in the correct half of the game. 3rd term rattled Bris hard and they never recovered. Was rooting super hard for the draw though

I know it's only one game, but it's hard not to draw conclusions from it. Brisbane had everything in their favour, at home, opponent missing several star and key players, favourable conditions to what they're used to, big things expected and the statement game having just lost a close GF, 46 points up early on, and still lost.

Again, this is an overreaction but there's also years and years of evidence to suggest that Fagan is just NOT a winner when it gets tough, he doesn't have the answers.

For the Blues, that's as good a win they've had under Voss. It's the game that already stamps them as a contender.

We have tried both strategies now. I think letting Carton get out to an early lead works best. Good that we tried both out tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally beating Fitzroy was par for the course, but doing that at the Gabbortoir is one for the ages, how does humble pie taste by the way??

Making calls after the fact is a bit pedestrian, isn't it. The game is played before the first bounce

I know it's only one game, but it's hard not to draw conclusions from it. Brisbane had everything in their favour, at home, opponent missing several star and key players, favourable conditions to what they're used to, big things expected and the statement game having just lost a close GF, 46 points up early on, and still lost.

Again, this is an overreaction but there's also years and years of evidence to suggest that Fagan is just NOT a winner when it gets tough, he doesn't have the answers.

For the Blues, that's as good a win they've had under Voss. It's the game that already stamps them as a contender.

Not sure I'm ready to completely write the season off based on a round 1 loss; we got belted by Port last year (who didn't make top 8 the year prior) and managed to turn it around somewhat.

Bigger hit to our chances from tonight is that Coleman has probably done his ACL. We don't really have a replacement for him.

Also feels incredibly unlucky that he adds to our list of promising young players that have had relatively early career ACLs - Ashcroft, Rayner, Hipwood and now potentially Coleman. Even Rich injured his ACL at 23.

He will. And at the same time he will be making sure they don't give up a 7 goal lead. Even Voss knows that will bite his side on the backside.

All AFL coaches would have the exact same thinking. They would all be going "We let them put 7 on us early. How do we prevent that"
Not this weekend. That will be a Monday conversation.

I believe that is 11th biggest comeback in AFL history (The AFL era)
On top of my head I can only think of 4 to 6 other games in the AFL era that beat that.
ESS v Nth
Haw v StK
Bris v Gee
Stk v WB
(maybe bris v Haw, that shade game and Stk v Syd, crazy Lockett)

On top of my head I can only think of 4 to 6 other games in the AFL era that beat that.
ESS v Nth
Haw v StK
Bris v Gee
Stk v WB
(maybe bris v Haw, that shade game and Stk v Syd, crazy Lockett)
Carlton Essendon think 2007 - Carlton came back from 48 from memory (Fev kicked 8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Lions v Blues Friday March 8th 7:40pm AEDT (Gabba)

Back