Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - Lions v Saints Fri June 14th 7:40pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Saints by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct decision? Who cares if it is technically correct? It is an absolute blight on the game to see the outcome decided by something which in no way affected the play. It is similar to the decision to penalize Sullivan a few weeks back in the Freo Collingwood game. Technically correct but an appalling fee kick which also affected the outcome of the clash when no time was wasted, and nobody was inconvenienced. Try and explain this shit to a visitor from overseas.

If you can tell me you have no problem with a grand final being decided with a free like that, I think we have a very different view of how our game should be adjudicated. The rule needs to be revisited. If a player cribs over the mark then pay fifty as he is genuinely affecting the options of the player with the pill. Backing away from the mark should never be a fifty.
Bet it was OK for a grand final to be decided by an ‘advantage’ call after the ball went to bloke with 2 defenders hanging off him, with literally no advantage.

Correct decision? Who cares if it is technically correct? It is an absolute blight on the game to see the outcome decided by something which in no way affected the play. It is similar to the decision to penalize Sullivan a few weeks back in the Freo Collingwood game. Technically correct but an appalling fee kick which also affected the outcome of the clash when no time was wasted, and nobody was inconvenienced. Try and explain this shit to a visitor from overseas.

If you can tell me you have no problem with a grand final being decided with a free like that, I think we have a very different view of how our game should be adjudicated. The rule needs to be revisited. If a player cribs over the mark then pay fifty as he is genuinely affecting the options of the player with the pill. Backing away from the mark should never be a fifty.
What do you mean who cares if it’s the right decision?- now you’re having a sook because they paid the correct decisions. Ha ha brilliant.

How did neale get so many umpire eyes on him last night? Plenty of star players are scragged constantly and are mostly ignored by the men in white, did fages make a phone call or something? A few calls against windhager were soft as

Hope the umps used a strong toothpaste to get the taste of Lachie schlong off their breath before they kissed their partners goodnight.

If the umpires were really trying to work in Neale's favour, surely they would've turned a blind eye to the four frees they paid against him i.e. one more than they gave him...

He wasn't trailing the player. came in from the side and must have known he was over the mark.
It was just dumb and deserved to be penalised
Yes it should but will it be adjudicated like that everytime, No. And that is the frustrating issue.

Imagine averaging 71 points a game, what a delight to watch- don’t score and lose majority of the time, sign me up.
Says the guy with a Fitzroy player in his avatar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all these technically the 50m for Windhager infringement was correct argument, just remember that Higgins got a free for a block off the ball and the umpire told the Lions player to give it back on the full, The Lions player passed it to Butler, technically a 50m penalty but the umpire used common sense and said "No, you called for it". This happened all night where Lions got the benefit of doubt but we were adjudicated technically all night. Double standards is the issue.

And the “dangerous tackle” against Charlie, despite not actually tackling the airborne Saints player (and letting him down gently)..
Correct free, wrong call. It's called tunnelling and is a free every day of the week.

What was the story with the 'free in the goalsquare'? Was it really a 666 rule breach with no warning? They were dumbfounded on the broadcast
Do you think the AFL will come out and say it was an incorrect free?

Umpires aside, Brisbane were given too much of a start in the first quarter. That's on us.

Zorko cut us up by foot all night. His field kicking is absolutely elite.

I saw some encouraging signs from us though. Enjoyed watching us last night after quarter time more than I have in our last few wins.

The only major umpire blunder was Dunkley not be awarded a free kick for holding the ball 40 out in front instead got pinged for a dangerous tackle (LOL) and then the Saints goaling within 30 seconds.

Windhager is 5m over the mark and comes from behind Morris.

No.

He came from the other side, so wasn’t in the contest which meant that he didn’t get a warning for stopping 3m over the mark
I saw it as more of a 'protected zone' infringement than encroaching over the mark because he never got anywhere near where the mark was set.
He just strolled in from behind and stood between player and mark.
A clear 50.

What was the story with the 'free in the goalsquare'? Was it really a 666 rule breach with no warning? They were dumbfounded on the broadcast

Because the commentary team are full of morons. It was an infringement in the goal square. The same umpire called one later in the game when Zac Bailey gave away a free kick for pushing a player to the ground.

Channel 7 is so inept they showed the footage from the wrong end of the ground when reviewing it.

Ye are you not getting it... I'm saying abolish the 'from the other side' rule... I'd rather him be afforded a warning to move back. You can't convince me the implications of that would be more significant than these constant 50m penalty goals.
Nah, why create a situation that advantages the team under pressure.

If the ball is dump kicked out of team A's D50 under pressure instead of a deliberate pass to a team mate, why should a player from team A, coming in from the side that had no play on the ball, be given time to move back, slow up the play and allow his defence additional seconds to reset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - Lions v Saints Fri June 14th 7:40pm AEST (Gabba)

Back