Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Pies v Swans Friday March 15th 7:40pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Pies by a lot

• Swans by a lot

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconstancy is my very essence," says the wheel. "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."

STICK TOGETHER PIES FANS, SIDE BY SIDE!
In other living creatures the ignorance of themselves is nature, but in men it is a vice.

Spot on, looks exactly like the resolve and composure I was already very excited about this time last year.

You're a genuine chance, and boy are you due. Copped heaps of pain over the last dozen years.

Swans are way overdue.

AFL are starting to wonder what else they need to do to help land the Swans another flag. My wife and I nearly vomited last night when the commentators were gushing over the Swans and just how consistent they have been making finals. "They are the envy of every other club." Well sure every other club DOES envy the academy kids they access cheaply and how they seem to have no problem attracting players as trades and free agents.

Im hoping for a Swans v GWS grand final. Then sit back and read the Vic media complaign about how much additional assistance the expansion sides are getting to sell TV rights.

Last edited:
It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconstancy is my very essence," says the wheel. "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."

Umpires "side by side!"

Thus spoke Zarathustra

That Pies Premiership team could be one of the worst to ever win a flag

So many soft players carried by a very few exceptional ones

Saints and then Brions could see them 0-4
Happy Game Show GIF by ABC Network

7 players over 30 that played. The pies are far from being an up and coming side. There won’t be any dynasty’s here just a one hit wonder. They are looking very slow and sides are ready for them trying to sling shot the ball forward. Daicos really needs to stop diving it’s embarrassing to watch. In summary the Pies are fake news.
the dude your opinion GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Schultz looks terrible. He doesn’t suit their game plan. He doesn’t pressure.

Not sure why the Pies were so keen to get him and push Ginnivan out the door when Ginnivan looks a better prospect as a small forward.

If it's not yet a hangover then they certainly have had too much to drink. The Pies haven't exactly lost it, but they have definitely misplaced it. They look so much like Geelong of last year and you only have to have a one or two percent drop off and you are back in the field. Collingwood might be 0-4 by the end of March?

Lol, so good to get Grundy off the books. People overreacted to his round 1 performance playing in slippery conditions on a circus of a ground. Last night, be was horrendous. Probably worst on ground. 8 possessions and 7 dumb as frees against that demonstrated his terribly low footy IQ. Sydney didn't do their homework :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Pies v Swans Friday March 15th 7:40pm AEDT (MCG)

Back