Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Port by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Port by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Port by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney supporters acting like sydney is starting with a 112 point lead
While form can give you some confidence, I agree with the bloke who says it means fk all when the scores are zero. I hope that’s the messaging to the playing group. Sydney are the top side and take nothing for granted.

Lol, how is he wrong or inflammatory?

Both clubs essentially have 2 important games coming up, either win the first important one and have another important one.
He didnt say we've got an important game in 2 weeks therefore declaring this weeks game a forgone conclusion like old mate Ginni did.
One week at a time.

Ridiculous behaviour. As if the umps ever control finals outcomes. I’ll get back on and sort them out, thx for the heads up.

I think it's time they trial the potential Grand Final umpires in a match together.

With that in mind, Friday nights match should be Stevic, Deboy, Stephens and Meredith as they are the clear standouts.

Deboy was very very ordinary in the QF. And I’m sure Port fans would say similar v Hawks in the semi.

Gives a lot of dubious frees in front of goal and when he’s away from the play (not nearest umpire).

Roughly a $2.00 differential with Sydney as massive favourites, however only a $0.40c differential in the Lions/Cats match. Wonder if the Hawks would have been any closer in the odds had they made it?

I like Port but I think Sydney at home and with fresher legs will go in and win overall. Swans by 30pts with the Power running out of steam in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont rate the Swans at all, think Port get this done comfortably.
Just incredible, isn’t it, how we managed to bumble our way through 23 gruelling H&A games to end up with more wins, more points for, and fewer points against than any other team.

I personally think age-wise we’re in more of a sweet spot than Port. A handful of senior hands who are still delivering (Rampe, Parker, Lloyd) and then much of the rest of the team is young but experienced, in that 50-200 game zone, and possibly more to the point, finals-experienced. Something like 17 of our current best 23 played in the 2022 GF, and I’m sure it has hardened them.

Could all come crashing down on Friday night but I think this squad has a lot going for it.
Swan's had a young list against Geelong in the 22 GF - the game pretty much reflected Port's game against Geelong a few weeks ago

Would be great if flags were won in June/July. Lost to too many decent sides the last 6 weeks or so.
True. But we look to be back on song and we have a nearly full complement of uninjured players.

Not to say it won’t all come crashing down on Friday - or the GF if we even make it. But there’s a reason we’re where we are.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred.
Fair description of our rd21 match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Back