Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Port by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Port by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Port by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

it's gonna be tough, we definitely can win, no one rates us. Huge game and will be ridiculously hard to win. However, as it gets closer I have this weird feeling we are going to somehow win. Maybe it's the underdog status and we've been completely disregarded by everyone? I dunno.

it's gonna be tough, we definitely can win, no one rates us. Huge game and will be ridiculously hard to win. However, as it gets closer I have this weird feeling we are going to somehow win. Maybe it's the underdog status and we've been completely disregarded by everyone? I dunno.
No one rates you? All I see everywhere is that you have beaten us the last 8 times and put us to sword in R21 by plenty.

Don't think you have been disregarded, you aren't a longshot by any means. Media here in Adelaide seem to think otherwise (as the Syd media would r.e. Swans).

Anyone's game.

Port will win by 90 points

The only thing more certain than a Port Adelaide win is how often Melbournes weather changes in a day :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

show me where in my post that i mentioned the sydney team.
You made it seem like Port's ins and outs were the only thing that would dictate a 112 point turnaround. I'm pointing out that we also have significant ins and outs since that game.

i think i read somewhere that it is a 3 player difference in the sydney team also. then you factor in SCG v Adelaide oval. its still not a 112 point turn around.
In that 112 point shellacking, we were missing:
Papley
Rampe
McInerney
Melican
Campbell

Instead we played these absolute duds:
Ladhams
Francis
Corey Warner

So 5 of our best back in the side since our last clash (Including the leagues best small forward, and two of our starting defenders). Whereas two of your best defenders (Farrell and Houston) are out.

It'll be a significantly different game tomorrow and I'll be shocked if it's a domination by you guys.

im not saying its a certainty that port win, but its more a a 50/50 game than a 1.35/3.23 game that sportsbet are putting up
I think it'll be a close game.

Wow- Taylor Adams not even selected on the Emergency bench. Good call by Horse to go with Fox and some more pace and versatility in this game. Swans can’t afford another sleepy 1st QTR start. Tough one to pick, but with home ground and the week off I think they get the chocolates. Good luck to both supporters.

Such an interesting game, close win to Port or blowout win to Sydney. As in there watching, hopefully it’s the first.

I too wonder if the double up of byes is a good thing for Sydney whilst being the best team all season.

Port close game record is strong. I believe we’re the no.1 pressure team this year, so there is no excuse not to back it up this week and hopefully next.

Match winners seem in Sydney’s favour or are they reliant on a few? Who knows.

Can't see Sydney not winning this but was really impressed with Port's effort and pressure last week. Was super impressed by Burgoyne and Sinn as well, half backs keep going down and they keep finding more.

Just think Sydney are too strong though and they can take the game away in 15 minutes of footy like no other team in the league. Thought Campbell was outstanding as the sub last week, will be interesting if they keep him in that role of if he gets a full game after the Mills injury

Both sides came back after not such a great start last week.

Sydney loaded with players, Hinkley the better coach.

Heart says Port, love the battlers, but the AFL wants Sydney in the Grand Final. Expect them to get the generous run of decisions, but likely they have enough class to win it by themselves.

I like Port but I think Sydney at home and with fresher legs will go in and win overall. Swans by 30pts with the Power running out of steam in the last quarter.
I don't get why those think that resting for weeks makes teams better, it doesn't, it makes teams rusty. This is why they have preseason games before the regular season to harden and get the players prepared for actual matches. Also, we've seen away teams just destroy home preliminary finalists the past decade because of the long breaks the home team get.

I don't get why those think that resting for weeks makes teams better, it doesn't, it makes teams rusty. This is why they have preseason games before the regular season to harden and get the players prepared for actual matches. Also, we've seen away teams just destroy home preliminary finalists the past decade because of the long breaks they get.
On the other hand, every player remaining is banged up to some degree by now, and it buys invaluable repair time for them.

On the other hand, every player remaining is banged up to some degree by now, and it buys invaluable repair time for them.
Western Bulldogs were "banged up" badly in 2021, and destroyed the rested Port in the prelim. Same thing happened in 2020 both away preliminary finalists won. Players have admitted they struggle after resting from being banged up to get back going again, whereas continually going stops them from getting rusty. I think Sydney have been given a bad hand by The AFL with the pre-finals bye, which means Sydney have only had 1 game in a month, will definitely make them rusty and Port I think will take advantage of it early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Back