Game Day AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Port by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Port by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Port by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your mates call you Nostradamus? 😆
Hopefully they call me $1000 richer after this game... Seriously, though, only Geelong and Melbourne have "comprehensively" beaten away preliminary finalists, this decade, and Melbourne played their winning prelim in Perth. Usually the away prelim finalist wins, or the home prelim finalist barely scrapes through.

Hopefully they call me $1000 richer after this game... Seriously, though, only Geelong and Melbourne have "comprehensively" beaten away preliminary finalists, this decade, and Melbourne played their winning prelim in Perth. Usually the away prelim finalist wins, or the home prelim finalist barely scraps through.
Sounds credible.

Look I don’t doubt there’s powerful arguments for and against either team. That’s what’s so tantalising. No way I’d be putting money on this one either way.

Interesting but ultimately meaningless stat time

None of the 4 prelim final teams have a positive record in finals over the last decade.
2015-2024 incl

Port 3-6
Geelong 10-10
Brisbane 7-7
Sydney 6-9

Interesting but ultimately meaningless stat time

None of the 4 prelim final teams have a positive record in finals over the last decade.
2015-2024 incl

Port 3-6
Geelong 10-10
Brisbane 7-7
Sydney 6-9
Although, equally meaninglessly, our record specifically in Prelims is very good.

I reckon Port shot their bolt last week and won't turn up tonight. Swans by 36.
Heeney to catch fire for 5-8 minutes and be completely unstoppable. Game might be an arm wrestle for the rest of the game.

i want port to win.

but hard job to knock the swans over at the SCG, especially after week off.

Western Bulldogs were "banged up" badly in 2021, and destroyed the rested Port in the prelim. Same thing happened in 2020 both away preliminary finalists won. Players have admitted they struggle after resting from being banged up to get back going again, whereas continually going stops them from getting rusty. I think Sydney have been given a bad hand by The AFL with the pre-finals bye, which means Sydney have only had 1 game in a month, will definitely make them rusty and Port I think will take advantage of it early.
You're talking about some very mentally weak Port and Brisbane teams though.

There are other examples of course, some have explanations while some maybe the rest was a negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Back