Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 68 38.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 43 24.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Salty Malthouse to Carlton was the beginning of the end for Carlton just when it looked as though they were cooking something else.

Grundy to Melbourne the beginning of the end for Melbourne.

We don't need to conjure up anything for Richmond and Essendon - they just self implode.
Geez putting the Tigers alongside Essendon now fadge? Cripes

I really hope we don't get a Sydney vs Geelong Grand Final.

These two sides have been in the top end of finals far too often it's making football boring.

It's time the AFL start kneecapping sides who stay in the top 8 too long.
How? Top sides don’t get top draft picks.

That’s kneecapped enough

If you think about Sydney's 4th best forward and 4th best midfielder and they'd probably be number 1 at the majority of other clubs. It is an embarrassment of riches.

If the top 10 of their list is willing to take unders to stay together they will win multiple premierships in the coming years
Yes and no.

Do Sydney look for the future with offers for Warner of three firsts ?

Still believe their forward line is pretty awful.
McDonald and Amartey? Nah. They’re boosted by that elite midfield.

Think Parker will go. Should push out Mills too.

Geelong will look at Allir and absolutely dominate that with Stewart etc

It was the most biased umpiring of all time.
No it wasn't. Scary thing I have seen one game in that 2016 was was even worse, umpiring wise.

Dogs vs crows in the middle of that 2016 season. Troy Pannell handed out 18 free kicks in those 1st 3 quarters.

17 to the dogs and only 1 to the crows

Boring game. It was like watching paint dry.

Swans too good. Very clinical.

Port played their Grand Final last week.
As a neutral it was boring.

But Hinkley still signed for another season.... Well wonder where Hinkley will go when he gets fired by port?

Sam Reid fit? Know he did a hammy, but that was back in July.
McDonald could be in some doubt.

Ladhams is the other option.

Port key backs been woeful this finals series. Even from slow plays
If there's a main weakness in Ports side, it's their back 6. Ports midfield is very good, even when Sam Powell pepper is out injured.

Forward line is decent regardless if Dixon is injured or in the side.

Back line was the main reason why Port went out in straight sets last season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Reid fit? Know he did a hammy, but that was back in July.
McDonald could be in some doubt.

Ladhams is the other option.

moe-simpsons-moe.gif

Nah, was ****ing horrendous. Even Boyd's famous goal was preceded by Franklin having his arm pulled down in the marking contest before it which lead to the spill.

Well at least you got a taste of what it was like to be a Hawks supporter when he was playing with us. Media and umpiring changed tune on him post the switch.

If there's a main weakness in Ports side, it's their back 6. Ports midfield is very good, even when Sam Powell pepper is out injured.

Forward line is decent regardless if Dixon is injured or in the side.

Back line was the main reason why Port went out in straight sets last season
without Aliir they would be smashed with that defence.. he was great and gave his all

Nah. Hes completely safe. Got a fantastic record for his team since he's been there...

As a neutral supporter, I personally think he did a fantastic job last week when ALL the odds were against him. .

Got his team up for victory with half his players missing and put an end to his opponents season which made my day. Just absolutely Fantastic stuff if you ask me

That says a lot about the low expectations you have of your club. Good clubs aim for making and winning grand finals.

Nah. Hes completely safe. Got a fantastic record for his team since he's been there...

As a neutral supporter, I personally think he did a fantastic job last week when ALL the odds were against him. .

Got his team up for victory with half his players missing and put an end to his opponents season which made my day. Just absolutely Fantastic stuff if you ask me
I agree 💯.

I don't care if I get panned talking about Hinkleys 5 finals wins since 2012, I mean 6 if you count ports win vs the hawks last weekend.

Hinkley won't get sacked

I love your confidence. Elixuh I wish to you were as confident as toffee 🦁 lion

I'm very modest. In fact I'm the most modest person on this website. They say, Elixuh, you're the most modest poster on this website.

Poor Buddy if Sydney actually win.

2012 v Sydney. No flag
2014, 16, 21- no flag.
The year after he retires- GF. Possible flag.

Ouch

Nah, he apparently put out the feelers after losing the 2012 GF. When he left, he said he was doing so to win flags. While most Hawks fans don't begrudge him his change of lifestyle, his going out of the game as a two-time premiership player, instead of a 4 time (or maybe 5 time) player, is on him.

Nah, he apparently put out the feelers after losing the 2012 GF. When he left, he said he was doing so to win flags. While most Hawks fans don't begrudge him his change of lifestyle, his going out of the game as a two-time premiership player, instead of a 4 time (or maybe 5 time) player, is on him.

Buddy wanted to move to Sydney, both because his wife wanted to move to Sydney and because he wanted to be able to go to the shops without being hounded.

His "going to Sydney to win flags" was about him having a choice between Sydney and GWS, and him thinking Sydney were more likely to win flags than GWS were. It was not a dig at Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Back