Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Melbourne.png

9th v 10th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 13
COLLINGWOOD V MELBOURNE
MON JUNE 10TH 3:20PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:

To be announced.

Watch
this thread to be alerted when teams drop.

Final Teams released (Melb Time):
Thursday Match - Wednesday 6:20pm
Friday Match - Thursday 6:20pm
Saturday Match - Thursday 6:20pm
Sunday Match - Friday 5:00pm
Monday Match - Saturday 5:00pm
(NB: Sunday and Monday match Extended Squads are released Thursday 6:20)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

BYES: PORT ADELAIDE * FREMANTLE
This year marks the 10th annual Big Freeze clash at the ‘G between Collingwood and Melbourne. FightMND aims to find effective treatments and ultimately a cure for Motor Neurone Disease. To donate to FightMND or to purchase a Big Freeze 10 beanie, visit FightMND.

COLLINGWOOD MARCH TO THE G’

A range of events and activities will be happening pre-game at the AIA Vitality Centre before the March of the G’ departs. Big Freeze beanies will be available for purchase alongside activities including face painting. Food and drink will also be available at The Glasshouse Eatery and the Coles BBQ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dees will definitely try to respond after the humiliation in the Red Centre. I think it'll be a tight affair for 3 quarters before the Pies run away with it.

NT form is irrelevant imo

Fully expecting another rough day

Stfu Bucks

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know neither team wants to seem too confident but in the modern game teams just don't lose the way Melbourne did. They weren't just outplayed. They just didn't show up. I don't think they fix that in a week like teams used to do in the 80s and 90s after a belting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever loses this one is in a deep deep hole.

I trust Melbourne to find enough of their contested game to win against the Collingwood 2nd’s.

Melbourne by 17.

Whoever loses this one is in a deep deep hole.

I trust Melbourne to find enough of their contested game to win against the Collingwood 2nd’s.

Melbourne by 17.
But but but there are at least 13 premiership players out there. Shouldn't be a problem for the pies they have enough kryptonite to knock over naarrrmmm

I totally expect us to be a bunch of pushovers like usual. We stood up for nothing when we played Luke Jackson for the first time. Applied no physicality. Then we did nothing when Maynard snipered an unsuspecting Brayshaw, and I expect nothing again. We just let Luke Jackson dominate us again on the weekend until the final siren by which the dees players just stood there smiling and chatting despite losing by 92 points.

I don't post very often these days, but I just have to comment on Neale Daniher and the Big Freeze.

When he first started the Fight MND appeal a decade ago, my eyes, like possibly those of many others, glazed over slightly as I thought "yet another appeal for a medical condition that existing medical research organisations and pharmaceutical companies should be dealing with - what can Neale and the public really do about it?"

I was wrong to have this reaction. It was not a strong reaction, mind you - I have always watched Neale's segments on Fox (AFL 360 in particular) leading into the event and admired him for his efforts - but it was one of those "this probably won't have much of an effect" kind of thoughts.

10 years later, and a total raised of around $90 million (don't quote me on that - I cannot verify it at the moment but I'm sure I heard someone say this in the media over the last few weeks) has proven that this was not just another flash in the pan movement to raise money for a terrible medical condition. This is something much bigger.

The word inspirational gets thrown around a lot, much like the term superstar in the modern game. But Neale truly is an inspirational figure. He has smashed the 5 year survival rate of 28%. He has truly embodied the "Fight Against MND" by choosing to live, and choosing to actually fight for something. The amount of money is just a sign, albeit a huge one, of his impact in this space.

I could go on, but really I just wanted to acknowledge Daniher's amazing effort in his daily life to really cut through and make a difference, and yes, inspire people around him to live in the present, but to also live FOR something more grand, something with a higher purpose.

Last edited:
Pies to come out firing after a humiliating loss against the dogs
I hope that you are right but I feel that we are handicapped from the 1st minute when you have no effective key forwards in the team. I just wish for once that Ash Johnson would actually show some fair dinkum desperation & even when does not have the ball, he could actually exert some physical pressure on his opponent/opponents. His body language however is just so poor! At least Nathan Krueger - who is certainly not the most skilled player in the game - actually puts his body on the line even to the extent of being regularly injured. So he may get a game this week? Anyway, I can only hope. Goodnight & good luck.

This game has all the hallmarks of a "terrible game to watch cause no one can kick, mark or goal" type game, based on the injuries and form of both teams.

I think Nick and Josh will be big again, but Trac will have a colossal game out of nowhere and get best on in a Melbourne win.

And the whole Melbourne team will cheese-knife Maynard in the spleen on-field (regardless of result).

.... Oh and whoever wins will act like they've won the grand final.

We're up against it in this one.

Whilst we're holding our game plan up, last week was evident we can't keep it up for 4 qtrs.

If Melbourne keep with their adjusted game plan though I don't see them getting up.

Of course though the dees will bring good form, like all teams do against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Back