Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Swans v Cats Sun June 9th 3:20pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cats brought the heat in the first quarter. Their pressure was immense and it says a lot about them that I wasn't comfortable until we kicked 4 clear with 3 mins to go.

As for the Swans, you're an absolute turnip if you can't admit we're playing some shit-hot footy that would be in flag contention in any other season.

It's fair to question our ability to turn it on at the G on grand final day, but we are absolutely flying right now.

The Cats brought the heat in the first quarter. Their pressure was immense and it says a lot about them that I wasn't comfortable until we kicked 4 clear with 3 mins to go.

As for the Swans, you're an absolute turnip if you can't admit we're playing some shit-hot footy that would be in flag contention in any other season.

It's fair to question our ability to turn it on at the G on grand final day, but we are absolutely flying right now.
Sydney playing a Vic team in the GF at MCG will be the only thing I could see stopping you at this point. So far ahead it's not funny.

That being said, as much as the ground is a Vic ground, there's so few tickets allocated to the actual genuine club supporters on GF day these days I'm starting to wonder how much of an advantage it is to anyone crowd wise. But certainly the actually ground you'd think would advantage the Vic teams who play it more often.

But yeah, there's no clear 2nd team on the ladder this year. No obvious challenger.

Still unsure about Essendon. Port I don't trust as far as I can kick (I like Port but I just can't believe in them), Geelong have become very vulnerable though would arguably be the top contentender?
GWS have disappointed after a hot start... Would love to see a GWS vs Sydney final admittedly!

I could see Carlton having a red hot crack.

Can't really see anyone else contending.

Sydney having one of the most dominant seasons I can remember watching. And with so many class players and Grundy back to his best... Would take a lot to lose it I think.

Six goal start and gave the Cats a five goal beating, couldn't have been more impressive.

Now for the real test of Swans season next round, the Crows at Adelaide Oval, we're going to unleash Murphy and McHenry against you, be scared, be very scared!

Funny thing is it’s just the type of game Adelaide will win to get Nicks through another month.

Six goal start and gave the Cats a five goal beating, couldn't have been more impressive.

Now for the real test of Swans season next round, the Crows at Adelaide Oval, we're going to unleash Murphy and McHenry against you, be scared, be very scared!

Very good performance - but surely not going six goals down would be more impressive?

Swans are so good to watch. All them academy hand outs have finally paid off. It’d be a catastrophe for them not to win the flag.
Getting Papley, Rampe, Lloyd, Fox, McLean, Cunningham & Melican from the Rookie Academy is a rort.

How come none of the other 17 teams picked these guys up?

I know you're joking but I hope we don't underestimate the crows rage from last year.

Getting Papley, Rampe, Lloyd, Fox, McLean, Cunningham & Melican from the Rookie Academy is a rort.

How come none of the other 17 teams picked these guys up?
I like pointing out that any team could have had Gulden but they overlooked him because the assumption is that NSW players are no good.

Just pure laziness by the Victorian clubs.

Cats need a mid 20's ruckman badly (Sean Darcy) as Stanley needs to be put out to pasture

You could have posted this at almost any time post-Brad Ottens' retirement.

Ludicrous that we've never found a proper replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m quite proud of the cats in their losses this year a lot of the games our cattle just wasn’t up to it but the effort and patches of play were very very good. Our big guns haven’t been firing and the progress made by some players this year has been great without losing that team spirit and desire to win. Sydney are a slick slick unit and they deserved the win in the end. Stengle is having an amazing year he is gold and keeping our forward line alive. Cameron got mentioned in the best I thought he was well below good today and has been in a real form slump. If we can scrape together another 5 wins in the back half and get to full strength and some players hit some form come finals we are still a big chance to do some damage, but if we meet Sydney in the Finals they may get there role reversal pay back.

Would like our chances against Swans in another final but they were simply too good today.
I think we have it in us to beat you in a final now (we clearly didn’t a couple of years ago) but you’re definitely the side that I would least want to play, followed by Carlton. I can see either of those two forward lines getting a hold of us if they get any sort of midfield ascendancy, and we saw that early on in the game yesterday before we took over out of the middle.

The situation might hit home now down at Geelong, they have run out of steam by mid year and have no depth. The midfield is not up to it. The Swans beat a mediocre team who have lost their mojo.

The situation might hit home now down at Geelong, they have run out of steam by mid year and have no depth. The midfield is not up to it. The Swans beat a mediocre team who have lost their mojo.
Yeah I don't know why they continue to persist with the midfield they do. We don't necessarily have great midfield stock in the VFL, but bringing in some new names for an opportunity to see if they make a difference would help. At the very least, we have too little depth in there and teams are overrunning us there.

where has all the 'Jeremy Cameron is the best player in the game' talk gone. Every single year there is a 2-3 Cameron patch where all the media jump on him. He's a good player but not the best player in the comp. Or even top 15. I'd take 20 others before him

Yeah I don't know why they continue to persist with the midfield they do. We don't necessarily have great midfield stock in the VFL, but bringing in some new names for an opportunity to see if they make a difference would help. At the very least, we have too little depth in there and teams are overrunning us there.
Mitch Hardie - a mid-20s player with senior SANFL experience, went on a tear of five 30+ possession games in the VFL, including some insane clearance/score involvement stats.

His reward? Picked as an emergency and then not played at either level.

Either you play him and find out or you don't.

where has all the 'Jeremy Cameron is the best player in the game' talk gone. Every single year there is a 2-3 Cameron patch where all the media jump on him. He's a good player but not the best player in the comp. Or even top 15. I'd take 20 others before him
If Geelong’s midfield is their biggest weakness right now, as many say it is, their key forwards can find themselves without a lot of possession to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Swans v Cats Sun June 9th 3:20pm AEST (SCG)

Back