Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. We got very close to the Cats twice. Arguably should of won at least one of those. Just because they smoked you guys in the GF doesn't mean they were that far ahead of everyone

Cats won 16 in a row and had an average Finals winning margin of over 55 points.

Come on mate, when it mattered Cats were going to pants anyone who got in their way.
No way were they losing that for Selwood…Pies were the best challenger I agree. 2E and Danger said the hardest game they both have ever played in was that 2022 Qualifying Final.

But best team in 2022?
Not even debate worthy, like laughably bad that anyone even brings up that season.

One of the most dominant seasons from a Cats side ever and there’s some big ones.

But best team in 2022?
Not even debate worthy, like laughably bad that anyone even brings up that season.
The comment was that Collingwood have been the best team across the two year period 2022/23.

With a narrow Prelim Final loss and a flag, it's hard to dispute.

FFS, we've recently been hearing Carlton supporters telling us all they've been the best team between round 14 2023 and round 13 2024, and Collingwood have won a flag in that time!

The comment was that Collingwood have been the best team across the two year period 2022/23.

With a narrow Prelim Final loss and a flag, it's hard to dispute.

FFS, we've recently been hearing Carlton supporters telling us all they've been the best team between round 14 2023 and round 13 2024, and Collingwood have won a flag in that time!

I mean over a 2 year period it’s hard to argue.

Carlton fans have always been delusional so I can see where that comes in lol

If we did "drop off" and let them kick a goal, then we would have switched our attacking game plan back on again and kicked another goal. Like in the grandfinal with about 5 minutes to go.
2022/23 Collingwood had gears they could engage and the grandfinal game with 5 minutes to go was just 1 of many times when this happened. Just because the score was close doesn't mean that they had a chance to win.
If you want to say that Geelong or Hawthorn premiership teams are better sides than 2023 Collingwood because they made the wins look easy, I have no issue with that. In fact I would agree. Our players as individuals are not the most talented.
I also agree that the games the pies played looked risky or even lucky but statistically when you win 17 out of 20 (just guessing) close ones it's not luck. It's statistically impossible for those games to be 50/50 games. But if you want to really understand what happened in these games go back and watch the last 5 minutes of them all. There is a method in the madness.
Ready to concede that I was right yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Back