Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Swans v Cats Sun June 9th 3:20pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gulden's goal kicking from 50m out is reminiscent of Adam Schneider 20 years ago.

Something about left foot kickers nailing those long bombs.

Amazing what Grundy can do.

Is it Sydney using him well or Melbourne not using him well?

i think he is better as the main man, sharing with Max Gawn didn’t suit either of them.
Melbourne tried to develop him as a forward when he is a ruck through and through. Pretty much all Melbourne not using him properly.

This is easily the most lacklustre season I've ever seen so far.

Teams aren't good, shit teams are making Sydney look good, but truth is, this Sydney team wouldn't make top 4 in seasons past.

This is a full strength Sydney barring Mills, things always even out, they will have a couple serious injuries and fall apart.

Teams aren't good, shit teams are making Sydney look good, but truth is, this Sydney team wouldn't make top 4 in seasons past.

This is a full strength Sydney barring Mills, things always even out, they will have a couple serious injuries and fall apart.

I wouldn't say that. I think the Richmond years were pretty weak. I think 2024 Sydney could probably beat them.

Nothing to do with today's result - you see it every game, week after week.

Having 75% of the rules be completely subjective means it's impossible for umpires.

But when you pick out a 50m penalty for protected space to kill the game, then ignore the rule for the rest of the quarter, that's on the umpires.
Did he come from outside the protected area, into the protected area? Yes.

Did he encroach on the side of the player that would restrict their ability to play on? Yes.

Ticked both the boxes they use to determine that 50 metre penalty.

Maybe after his 10th meeting with the umps old mate Scott might wrap his head around the rules of the game as they are applied to the rest of the comp.

It's just the way the comp has been for the last 6 years. Hawthorns threepeat team would've trounced your premiership side by 15 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he come from outside the protected area, into the protected area? Yes.

Did he encroach on the side of the player that would restrict their ability to play on? Yes.

Ticked both the boxes they use to determine that 50 metre penalty.

Maybe after his 10th meeting with the umps old mate Scott might wrap his head around the rules of the game as they are applied to the rest of the comp.

Yes, it was 50m.

The same thing happens 10 mins later when Hawkins took a mark inside 50 on the boundary - not one, but TWO Sydney players did the exact same thing. Nothing.

Honestly, proud of that effort from the Cats. It'd be hard to find too many winners on the day, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they swept the coaches votes. But they never gave up, even when it looked like it could get seriously ugly midway through the last quarter, we still had a couple of chances to get it back to within 6-7 points.

I think our problems since we were 7-0 have been twofold and it was spotlighted in the difference between the first quarter tonight and the rest of the game. Naturally, our current midfield is going to be up against it when matched against the best in the league, but where we've always been able to get that back is with our strength in the aerial contests. That's been down over the last month and a half: we haven't controlled the airways like we can and should with the likes of Cameron, Blicavs and Dempsey playing up the ground and Stewart, Henry, de Koning and Guthrie in defence.

Seriously impressive by the Swans, they're going to take some stopping this year.

Why are you calling your own team shit?

Amazing what Grundy can do.

Is it Sydney using him well or Melbourne not using him well?

i think he is better as the main man, sharing with Max Gawn didn’t suit either of them.

He is a no1 ruck he is not a forward

Sydney are the most underwhelming top of the ladder team after halfway through a season that I can remember from any season.

They aren't that good.

Swans fans, if they haven't already seen why, are now seeing why Collingwood were happy to let go of Grundy and Adams.

Swans think they can push for a flag with Collingwood scraps? lol good luck, Adams is the all time momentum killer turn over king.

BIGFOOTY has no time limit on deleting posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Swans v Cats Sun June 9th 3:20pm AEST (SCG)

Back