Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 15 - Blues v Cats Fri June 21st 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no rule against hip drop. Yes the both arms pinned and Walsh willing his head into the turf is bad. But this ain't the NRL.

I wouldn’t have called it a hip drop either, Danger used his body weight to pull him to ground which is exactly what we want players to do.

Question is whether Walsh being propelled forward was due to a second slinging action from Danger or Walsh diving/getting his knees caught.

Realistically, the initial technique of that tackle is precisely what the AFL would want.

For the record I think Danger drove Walsh forward with a second action and should get 1-2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't see how they can. Honestly they'll be asking us to play U9s rules where there is no falling to the ground while being tackled.
It could end up that way.

The umps blow the whistle now so quickly to prevent a standing player being tackled to the ground …

So they are slowly eradicating it out of the game by stealth

Need to keep the orange tsunami at bay and keep Toby Greene quiet.

It's astounding watching the difference between Amiss getting manhandled every week and the two Carlton forwards getting frees any time an opponent breathes in their general direction.
I am not into conspiracy theories, however the AFL leave fertile ground the way they make sure their favoured clubs (big Vic and the four Northern clubs) are looked after.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back