Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - Tigers v Blues Sun June 30th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey tugga , NaturalDisaster , Sterge and Muddiemoose can you hurry up and put a game thread on your board please. I want to chat to Richmond folk about this weekends game:thumbsu:
I’m no longer a mod.
I was there for the good times and bailed quick smart when things got bad.
Blues by 238 points. Fantastia to kick 9 and Owies 7.

Carlton by 103 points.

With Tom Lynch out, we’ll have blades of grass on McKay + Curnow considering that Balta will probably be in the forward line.

I am also convinced that umpires hate us, so no reprieve there
Since Vossy made a mention of some calls in the presser, umpiring department since has been showing their "gratitude".

In all seriousness something about the Tigers V Blues the last 7-8 years the Tigers play well. Could be a psych thing the last couple of meetings. The pressure is more on Carlton to prove themselves as contenders and win by a goal a quarter at least (I'd take 1 point win overall). This could be the type of game where we see vintage Martin for one last hurruh.

Tigers midfield is at full strength led by high profile recruits returning from injury in Taranto and Hopper. Dusty is still a force.
Nah Prestia isn't playing.

I think Balta is going to have to move forward again with Lynch out so I think MSD pickup Jacob Blight is going to have to come in and take a Curnow or McKay. Could get very ugly....

Last five games Carlton are 18th for free kicks per game (averaging 14.8 per game). Don't think the presser did us much good 😂
Yep, ever since the media and social media posters went on a #FreeKickCarlton and #FREEKICKCURNOW spree, we've been getting bugger all. Seems we don't get the same HTB frees that other clubs get.
We average the most tackles inside F50. We had 80 tackles last week and got 16 frees.

Nah Prestia isn't playing.

I think Balta is going to have to move forward again with Lynch out so I think MSD pickup Jacob Blight is going to have to come in and take a Curnow or McKay. Could get very ugly....
Ah forgot about Prestia as he's seemingly permanently got issues sadly.

Hoping for a good win, but games between the big 4 always end up tight contests.

Ah forgot about Prestia as he's seemingly permanently got issues sadly.

Hoping for a good win, but games between the big 4 always end up tight contests.
Its 2nd vs 17th. If we keep it within 30 I'd be pretty content with that result.

Hopefully we can compete and play well the result aside, with no further injuries and more opportunities for unheralded players to show signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez they've all jumped off the tiggie train. Sign of the times. The rusted on in the bad times would have had this thread up to 20 pages. The youngins get three premierships in no time (the like most never see) and then disappear when things get tough. You Tube generation

Think it will be closer than most expect
Yep - just looking back at the last 19 matches between Carlton and Richmond (stretching back to late-2012) and only 2 of them have been decided by more than five goals.

Those two games weren't even decided by ridiculously massive margins either:
  • Richmond by 43 (Round 1, 2017)
  • Richmond by 33 (Round 1, 2019)

Last edited:
The big question is "who is Shai Bolton going to 'show the ball too'?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 16 - Tigers v Blues Sun June 30th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Back