Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Dogs v Blues Sat July 13th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think Carlton are the biggest threat to my swannies, they are pretty solid all round and have two of the best forwards in the game, if Curnow kicks straight they win. They’re still the second best team in it. Footscray supporters are up and about for a team that will be watching Carlton in the finals, enjoy
Or if the Dogs kick straight they win by more?

You can't look at 14.16 v 12.14 and say "if one side kicked straight...", they both butchered easy chances.

I don't think we're making finals either, but you can't just say the above about one side and not the other in this situation.

Still think Carlton are the biggest threat to my swannies, they are pretty solid all round and have two of the best forwards in the game, if Curnow kicks straight they win. They’re still the second best team in it. Footscray supporters are up and about for a team that will be watching Carlton in the finals, enjoy 👍

Curnow caused the innacuracy from selfishly having 5 pings at goal from 50m+.

Needed to look for better options.

I'm sure Voss will bring it uo in the next team meeting.

Nah. We were well in it but for inaccuracy and the same stuff ups we saw last week I reckon. Lots of bits and pieces but gettable goals missed, mistakes. Better team would have thrashed us today.
0.7:7 at qtr time and you think inaccuracy is the reason you lost? Can’t blame that when we were just as bad, if not worse.

0.7:7 at qtr time and you think inaccuracy is the reason you lost? Can’t blame that when we were just as bad, if not worse.
I think we had about three or four chances at goal in the last and the kickers missed or gave it off to someone who missed or didn't look for targets closer to goal.

But yes, Dogs earlier inaccuracy counted, of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or if the Dogs kick straight they win by more?

You can't look at 14.16 v 12.14 and say "if one side kicked straight...", they both butchered easy chances.

I don't think we're making finals either, but you can't just say the above about one side and not the other in this situation.
I agree, I was abit one sided in my analysis if I’m honest. You guys are still good just wildly inconsistent so likely won’t make the finals.

Curnow caused the innacuracy from selfishly having 5 pings at goal from 50m+.

Needed to look for better options.

I'm sure Voss will bring it uo in the next team meeting.
Ehhh not sure, Charlie can kick 50+ pretty comfortably and is generally a good kick from long distance. I'd rather him taking the shots than most others on the team. Sometimes you just have a bad night in front of the big sticks and he had one.

Still think Carlton are the biggest threat to my swannies, they are pretty solid all round and have two of the best forwards in the game, if Curnow kicks straight they win. They’re still the second best team in it. Footscray supporters are up and about for a team that will be watching Carlton in the finals, enjoy 👍
Im calling BS on this one son. 30 scoring shots to 26? 14 16 v 12 14?

Both sides ultimately were statistically as accurate as each other. Acceptably accurate but not outstanding. Anything close to 50:50 goals:points is an ok day. Its not like Carlton kicked 8:22 like we did against GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Dogs v Blues Sat July 13th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Back