Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - North v Cats Sat July 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

North-Melbourne-vs-Geelong.png

17th v 6th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 20
NORTH MELBOURNE V GEELONG
SAT JULY 27TH 1:45PM AEST (BLUNDSTONE ARENA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
KANGAROOS

B: A. Corr, C. Comben, G. Logue
HB: J. Archer, H. Sheezel, L. McDonald
C: B. Scott, L. Davies-Uniacke, D. Stephens
HF: D. Tucker, B. Teakle, J. Stephenson
F: P. Curtis, N. Larkey, C. Zurhaar
FOLL: T. Xerri, T. Powell, J. Simpkin - C

I/C: G. Wardlaw, Z. Duursma, L. Shiels, W. Phillips, R. Hansen Jr
EMG: M. Bergman, T. Pink, C. Lazzaro

In: J. Stephenson, Z. Duursma, W. Phillips
OUT: C. McKercher (Injured), Z. Fisher (Injured), E. Ford (Injured)

CATS
B: J. Henry, S. De Koning, J. Kolodjashnij
HB: J. Bews, M. Duncan, Z. Guthrie
C: M. Holmes, T. Bruhn, O. Dempsey
HF: T. Stengle, B. Close, G. Miers
F: S. Neale, J. Cameron, G. Rohan
FOLL: M. Blicavs, P. Dangerfield - C, T. Stewart

I/C: L. Humphries, O. Henry, S. Mannagh, J. Bowes, T. Clohesy
EMG: R. Stanley, Z. Tuohy, B. Parfitt

In: J. Bews, T. Bruhn, S. Neale
OUT: Z. Tuohy (Managed), B. Parfitt (Omitted), M. Knevitt (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

In Northland they are always playing against the umps and Clarko knows only one way to coach. Cats should go in padded up.
I agree. Football should no longer be a contact sport and sides should take turns with the ball instead of contesting it.

You seem to be whinging about a game your side won because they had to dig deep and fight for it and knew afterward that they had been in a contest.

Nope - I expect North to do the only thing they can when outclassed - Clarko is a top coach and your mob will be top4 next year if the umps give your lot just a fair go.

Geelong better look out and wear pads - like I said because the shinboners are back shinboning baby!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first game of the year was not good and the cats well and truly spanked us at their home. Our defence is so much more stable and so this should keep the scoring down hopefully below 100 points.

I thought our Midfield was going to redeem themselves from the poor showing from the week before (Lions), but they were torched by the so called “slow” cats.

SDK will wrap himself in extra layers after he saw what X did to his older brother last week. Need Archer to keep Stengle quiet, Corr/Logue on Cameron and LMac and ?? on those crafty little dangerous forwards Miers/Close.

If Shields (or Phillips) is going to play as a tagger, then go shake hands with Tom Stewart which is what all teams seem to be doing these days to quell him.

I reckon this might be a break out game for Chom. Last week with 3 was exciting, and if he gets good consistent supply, well he might end up doubling that.

Only request I have this week is the Umpires do their job and are consistent from the first to last whistle. Last week was a blight on the game for supporters and neutrals.

Last edited:
The first game of the year was not good and the cats well and truly spanked us at home. Our defence is so much more stable and so this should keep the scoring down hopefully below 100 points.

I thought our Midfield was going to redeem themselves from the poor showing from the week before, but they were torched by the so called “slow” cats.

SDK will wrap himself in extra layers after he saw what X did to his older brother last week. Need Archer to keep Stengle quiet, Corr/Logue on Cameron and LMac and ?? on those crafty little dangerous forwards Miers/Close.

If Shield (or Phillips) is going to play as a tagger, then go shake hands with Tom Stewart which is what all teams seem to be doing these days to quell him.

I reckon this might be a break out game for Chom. Last week with 3 was exciting, and if he gets good consistent supply, well he might end up doubling that.

Only request I have this week is the Umpires do their job and are consistent from the first to last whistle. Last week was a blight on the game for supporters and neutrals.
Hope so. I reckon he needs to kick 10-15 goals for the rest of the year to make it worthwhile him moving off the backline.

The Cats are usually very good in the wet.

We used to be when we had Bartel, Selwood & co.

These days Danger and Stewart are about the only big bodied contested players left.

Geelong's game these days is mostly running power and scoring from transition which the wet weather negates.

Traditionally Hawkins was very good for a tall forward in the wet but obviously age has caught up with him this year and now he is out injured we have nothing to kick to long down the line as contested marking is not Cameron's game.

We used to be when we had Bartel, Selwood & co.

These days Danger and Stewart are about the only big bodied contested players left.

Geelong's game these days is mostly running power and scoring from transition which the wet weather negates.

Traditionally Hawkins was very good for a tall forward in the wet but obviously age has caught up with him this year and now he is out injured we have nothing to kick to long down the line as contested marking is not Cameron's game.
It's probably a 50/50 game but I feel Geelong's experience and need to win this will be enough for the Cats to win.

The first game of the year was not good and the cats well and truly spanked us at their home. Our defence is so much more stable and so this should keep the scoring down hopefully below 100 points.

I thought our Midfield was going to redeem themselves from the poor showing from the week before (Lions), but they were torched by the so called “slow” cats.

If Shields (or Phillips) is going to play as a tagger, then go shake hands with Tom Stewart which is what all teams seem to be doing these days to quell him.

Good luck, you'll need it ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - North v Cats Sat July 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Back