Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - North v Cats Sat July 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did the Geelong guy have to go back 5 meters before? I’d love clarification as sometimes the umps will let a mark be closely guarded near the boundary in the pocket there, but just before Geelong player was forced 5m behind the mark

The most frustrating part of the game today is the HTB interpretation. For both sides it is a lottery week to week. 4 umpires with absolutely no consistency between them.

North forward 50 entries just not good enough this quarter.

Yep - not knocking Geelong but the commentators are banging on about their “intercept” defenders, I feel like their defenders haven’t had to do anything but wait 10m in front of the forward and it gets lace out on their chest.

Darcy Tucker tackle will be interesting. 100% the action the AFL wants to remove, and he created all the momentum in the tackle (as opposed to say Bedford on Taranto) but no injury. Should be a week for me because of the action but no concussion so probably just a fine?

Darcy Tucker tackle will be interesting. 100% the action the AFL wants to remove, and he created all the momentum in the tackle (as opposed to say Bedford on Taranto) but no injury. Should be a week for me because of the action but no concussion so probably just a fine?

His arms weren’t pinned which helps Tucker, but as you said he did generate the momentum himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on North
Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

North have great speed with the ball too much for the cats at times but Geelong seem to of said that is fine and we will drop someone in the hole and try and catch you out of position on the turn over. Geelong are not executing well either with their disposal into the forward 50 area as well.

I think if you leave an arm or arms free for the tackled player to brace the fall it mitigates it a bit

Feel like Kangas are losing this match, as opposed to outstanding play by the cats. The manic hand balling out of Defence works, but falls down when you have shite entry into the F50. Logue is still rusty and his disposal has been poor.

Poor defensive marking in set plays in the Geelong F50 and the ubiquitous brain fade by Corr allowing their first goal. Xerri and LDU have been super impressive and need others to lift in the 2nd half.

Gary Rohan plays footy like someone dared him to do it

Jaidyn stephenson plays it like he lost a bet

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - North v Cats Sat July 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Back