Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - North v Cats Sat July 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That last goal on the line with Teakle and Stephens is emblematic of the dumb football we have shown today. A good 1st QTR and then we slowly mentally fall apart. Very painful to watch.

Tom Stewart as a midfielder being nearly as good as he was as a defender is just unbelievable. How on earth was he missed for so many years when clearly he oozes talent & smarts.

Fantastic footballer.

I'm not sure how he was missed for so long. Is just a natural footballer.

He isn't really a midfielder though. Just taking the centre bounces and then rolls back and plays his usual role and dominates in defence.

That last goal on the line with Teakle and Stephens is emblematic of the dumb football we have shown today. A good 1st QTR and then we slowly mentally fall apart. Very painful to watch.

It’s a perfect example of a side only being as good as your bottom 5 or 6.
Stephens, Stephenson, Corr, Teakle*, McDonald just nowhere near good enough for the most part.

*Teakle structurally important and can make a good contest of it

I'm not sure how he was missed for so long. Is just a natural footballer.

He isn't really a midfielder though. Just taking the centre bounces and then rolls back and plays his usual role and dominates in defence.

Only if he doesn’t win the clearance which he is doing a lot.

Tom Stewart has had overall another great year had a few quiet weeks that would still be respectable games from your average player.

The Cincotta tag game is more just complimentary to how accustomed we all are to Stewart dominating, that when he does have a rare bad game it’s talked about for weeks and really goes against him.

He’s in my AA side that’s for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said when Geelong beat Hawthorn a few weeks back that say what you want about Geelongs premiership credentials in comparison to Sydney, they are still the most well drilled side in the comp, with the best ability to have any player walk into their side and play an exact role to perfection. Players bide their time in the VFL with extended apprenticeships if needed until they are ready to fulfil a role

They are the benchmark for any young team on the hop/tail up with recent form. And they will show these teams exactly how to play 4 quarters of perfectly drilled footy. We have shot ourselves the foot a lot going inside 50 yes, but Geelong have also set up well, made their tackles without missing, and capitalised some tough chances.

We have shot ourselves the foot a lot going inside 50 yes, but Geelong have also set up well, made their tackles without missing, and capitalised some tough chances.

Your run and carry through the midfield was pretty worrisome for us for long periods of the game. I think when we did get on top it was being able to pressure that last possession; it let us set up better in D50 and pick off the less steady long kicks. You guys have a bit to work with. The midfield is your strength and our weakness ATM. I reckon if you can find a respectable 2nd tall forward to take some weight off Larkey, and a gun defender, you'll be moving up the ladder in a hurry.

Lol. Yeah, right. Easy for you to say when you cruised to an easy 40 point win.
10 points late in the 3rd before Stengle (elite stoppage goal), Stengle (elite snap), Dangerfield (elite contested mark). We've had days in the middle of the year where all three of those chances don't come off and all of a sudden it's a two kick game going into Q4 rather than the 28 point margin it was.

10 points late in the 3rd before Stengle (elite stoppage goal), Stengle (elite snap), Dangerfield (elite contested mark). We've had days in the middle of the year where all three of those chances don't come off and all of a sudden it's a two kick game going into Q4 rather than the 28 point margin it was.

Yes. The margin obscures a bit how hard we had to work for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - North v Cats Sat July 27th 1:45pm AEST (Blundstone)

Back