Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Saints v Bombers Sat July 27th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. He attempted to and couldn't get a fist to it. Under my understanding you don't have to legally dispose with no prior. Only attempt to.
Correct as long as you make an attempt, then again who knows with this years standard of umpiring.

I thought the Bombers were a top 8 team? Not on that standard of football in the last 15 mins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a different thing though. Cox wasn't a throw. He didn't attempt to throw it.
I just rewatched - he got tackled, the ball spilled out, then he reached out for it and it tapped towards a teammate (whether he was intending that or not) all while being tackled.
Looked like the kind of one handed handball that gets penalised pretty consistently

I just rewatched - he got tackled, the ball spilled out, then he reached out for it and it tapped towards a teammate (whether he was intending that or not) all while being tackled.
Looked like the kind of one handed handball that gets penalised pretty consistently

But it shouldn't under the no prior rules. Only have to make an attempt to dispose correctly.

Weird take? How so? It's the current rules.
Because if you think a player should be able to get rid of it any way possible when there's no prior - including one-handed handpasses or throws - then there's a lot of free kicks being paid that according to your literal application of the written rule would argue against.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Saints v Bombers Sat July 27th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Back