Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Suns v Lions Sat July 27th 4:35pm AEST (People First)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldcoast-vs-Brisbane.png

12th v 3rd

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 20
GOLD COAST SUNS V BRISBANE LIONS
SAT JULY 27TH 4:35PM AEST (PEOPLE FIRST STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
Suns

B: S. Collins, W. Powell, M. Andrew
HB: L. Johnston, B. Uwland, J. Jeffrey
C: N. Holman, N. Anderson, S. Clohesy
HF: B. Humphrey, W. Graham, L. Weller
F: B. Long, B. King, J. Lukosius
FOLL: N. Moyle, S. Flanders, M. Rowell

I/C: C. Ballard, T. Berry, D. Swallow, J. Witts - C, M. Rosas
EMG: A. Sexton, J. Walter, C. Budarick

In: T. Berry, J. Witts, M. Rosas
OUT: J. Walter (Omitted), A. Sexton (Omitted), C. Budarick (Omitted)

Lions
B: D. Zorko, J. Daniher, B. Starcevich
HB: D. Wilmot, R. Lester, J. Berry
C: J. Fletcher, W. Ashcroft, H. McCluggage
HF: C. Rayner, L. Morris, K. Lohmann
F: C. Cameron, E. Hipwood, Z. Bailey
FOLL: O. McInerney, J. Dunkley, L. Neale - C

I/C: C. Ah Chee, J. Prior, H. Smith, C. McKenna, S. Brain
EMG: H. Sharp, D. Fort, B. Reville

In: L. Morris, J. Prior, C. McKenna
OUT: D. Joyce (Injured), H. Andrews (Injured), B. Reville (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Share your game wisdom here!

Last edited:

No Harris Andrews and no replacement means trouble

Starting our entire VFL defense for this game, so I don't know why the bookies are favouring the Lions. Suns at home should win this comfortably considering our defensive structure is non-existant.

In saying that, if our midfield can get on top then we can limit the ball going into said non-existant backline. Could have a chance.

Suns by 30 though for me, should be far too good at home.

Tips the scales quite a bit considering the Lions don't have any other key defenders available for selection. It'll be interesting to see how Fagan plugs the hole.

Our fifth string tall defender we have been playing to cover for the outs of Payne, Gardiner and Doedee is also injured according to someone on our board. Together with other injured best 22 defenders in Answerth, Coleman and Andrews our defence is paper thin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s now a ranger game for Gold Coast. Dominant at home and playing a side with 6 best 23 defenders injured and no tall defenders left to replace.
If you’re expecting us to deliver, pull up a chair. I’ll tell you a story, a 14 year story…

If you’re expecting us to deliver, pull up a chair. I’ll tell you a story, a 14 year story…

But in the song it says you’re the mighty Gold Coast suns

Going to be a tough day at the office for us I'd imagine. Hopefully our mids can relieve the pressure on our defenders (if we have any). I wonder how much time it will take to recover from that bruising Sydney game last week.

Also Payne, scary against the Suns talls.

The only healthy tall defender on our list is 32y old journeyman Ryan Lester. And he isn’t tall or athletic enough to go with King.

Lions by 10 goals, Joe Daniher for the Marcus Ashcroft Medal playing down back.

Looks like we’re in for the biggest QClash ever. The Lions are third on the ladder, if we win we keep our finals hopes alive and trump what would be a superior achievement to last year’s victory. In 2023 the Suns were also a game and a half out of the 8 but at 8-10, really didn’t look like they could close the gap. The Lions this year are even hotter than they were last year despite a slow start and the Suns are a win better off. They also have a chance to maintain an undefeated home record, cementing Carrara as a fortress that even the best sides can’t breach.......

As a response to last week a win would be one of the great one week turn-arounds in recent league history. I can’t quite bring myself to back the Suns all the way but I think it will be a close one and fairly high scoring. Frankly if we can’t get close to a century with no proper key defenders in opposition then why bother?.....

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...ake-some-marks-on-hipwood-and-the-mosquito-d/

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 20 - Suns v Lions Sat July 27th 4:35pm AEST (People First)

Back