Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pies won three finals by a total of 10 or 11 points agai a team knocked out in straight sets 2 years in a row , a developing team who finished bottom 4 the year before and the Lions on their own home ground .

Melbourne destroyed teams in their flag run . It’s not even close dude .

The Pies did great to snag a flag last year but they were never a dominant team
Do you watch footy full-time or did you only pick it up a couple a years ago with the other Swans' fans?

Clearly didn't get the joke of my post so no point replying lol

Laughable?

Do you consider Collingwood dominant last year?

Did they not fall over the line in many games, including finals?

Did they not have many bad patches during games that saw them give up relatively large leads throughout the season?
We were the best team over 2 seasons - that you misunderstand process in winning close ones, as luck, makes you look like a fool.
The luck argument has been dismissed in favour of process, and been acknowledged by serious observers of the game for at least a year.

Last edited:
These umpires are ****ed
Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

Nah I work, unlike Pies fans
Don't work hard enough on your footy watching.

Waited until after the game to say that? Well done Lord Hindsight
To be fair you were completely wrong, Captain Noforesight.

Hope we get to play you in finals, be hood if it was at a real ground too. Sydney are a bloody good side, be hard to beat on that tiny ground but if it's at the G I'd give us a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair you were completely wrong, Captain Noforesight.

Hope we get to play you in finals, be hood if it was at a real ground too. Sydney are a bloody good side, be hard to beat on that tiny ground but if it's at the G I'd give us a chance.
To be fair, it’s a football website where we do things like… oh gee I don’t know… make predictions about what might happen during a game?

We get some of those predictions wrong and we get some of them right. So to chime in after a game when the result is known and tell somebody they “have no idea” is pretty poor form.

I too hope we get to play in finals, reckon it would be a great game. Hopefully your fellow Pies poster shows more class whatever the result.

To be fair, it’s a football website where we do things like… oh gee I don’t know… make predictions about what might happen during a game?

We get some of those predictions wrong and we get some of them right. So to chime in after a game when the result is known and tell somebody they “have no idea” is pretty poor form.

I too hope we get to play in finals, reckon it would be a great game. Hopefully your fellow Pies poster shows more class whatever the result.
You don't know many Pies, do you? We're not very generous.

You took a shot and copped a whack, play on. Keep taking the shots, they're sweet when they pay off.

Not sure it would be a great game for us, Grundy killed us last time we played him round 1 (and he carried a dull Melbourne to victory this time last year), and Adams is now another string to your well tuned bow, and knows us backwards.

I'm a bit underwhelmed with Collingwood.

Melbourne are horribly out of form, lost their best player pretty much at quarter time - yet they should have been in front in the last quarter.

Collingwood were not a dominant team last year, and are not as good this year. There's not a lot of room for error IMO between then being a really good team, and an average one.
Never change mate

Collingwood by 34

Melbourne playing g for pride in the jumper now, will they respond after the calamity effort against Fremantle ?

I was close-ish to the margin

But even Stevie Wonder could have seen what was going to happen today. Melbourne are a spent force and need a massive list turn over at seasons end.

You don't know many Pies, do you? We're not very generous.

You took a shot and copped a whack, play on. Keep taking the shots, they're sweet when they pay off.

Not sure it would be a great game for us, Grundy killed us last time we played him round 1 (and he carried a dull Melbourne to victory this time last year), and Adams is now another string to your well tuned bow, and knows us backwards.
I think plenty of us are still nervous about how we might go on a big final in Melbourne given past history, but hopefully this is the year that changes. I do think you’ve still got what it takes to do damage to anybody (us included) in September given you’re been there done that, especially if you can get a healthy list back.

Anyways, that’s a discussion for another time. Nice win today - certainly proved my predictions wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Back