Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So what happened in the game they lost?
That really says a lot about your mindset.

I see 9 games out of 10 that were won and you see 1 game out of 10 that was lost.
You are struggling so badly to find any quality reference for your narrative, that you must put that up as your argument.

There is no way to find a negative in winning 9 out of 10 games including a GF but you are trying to.

Wow my friend, just wow.

That really says a lot about your mindset.

I see 9 games out of 10 that were won and you see 1 game out of 10 that was lost.
You are struggling so badly to find any quality reference for your narrative, that you must put that up as your argument.

There is no way to find a negative in winning 9 out of 10 games including a GF but you are trying to.

Wow my friend, just wow.
So in that one close game that they lost, all it took was a slight drop off to be the difference between winning and losing?

Or was it an umpiring decision? Or an injury? Or some bad luck?

Either way, it didn't take much to swing it from a win to a loss.

Last edited:
So in that one close that they lost, all it took wasa slight drop off to be the difference between winning and losing?

Or was it an umpiring decision? Or an injury? Or some bad luck?

Either way, it didn't take much to swing it from a win to a loss.
Melbourne were the better team on the day. It happens. No team wins them all.

Anyone who thinks the Docs are 100% to blame for an injured player going back out on the ground need start factoring in the players absolute desire to want to go back out. It's naive to think Petracca didn't force anyone's hand yesterday. Libba does the same thing. It's reckless but a major factor in why they are great players.

Anyone who thinks the Docs are 100% to blame for an injured player going back out on the ground need start factoring in the players absolute desire to want to go back out. It's naive to think Petracca didn't force anyone's hand yesterday. Libba does the same thing. It's reckless but a major factor in why they are great players.
An injury to a leg or sore shoulder for example is one thing. Impact injuries to a players abdomen are completely different given the potential serious injuries to kidneys, liver, lungs or spleen as we’ve seen with Petracca.

It depends on what the doctor's actual job is.

If it's to have the player's best interests at heart and protect his health - then it's a diabolical stuff up, bordering on negligent, to send a player out on the ground with broken ribs and punctured lung FFS.

But I don't think that's why AFL clubs have doctors.

I believe it's to provide information to the club and player, and for them to then decide what to do with that information.

He was on borrowed time. Any game could've been his last. It was a freak incident. Maynard's been suspended once or twice in his career for very minor incidents, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he was only going for a spoil and not trying to bump. Say what you will about him being a "wannabe tough guy" as people like to call him, but he's never been a sniper. He's always been a hard but fair player.

Should Pies fans be upset with Lincoln McCarthy for that bump in the Grand Final which essentially ended Nathan Murphy's career?
This is a question I’ve asked many times with no answer ever given. McCarthy ended Murphy’s career in the same fashion as Maynard did but you never hear anything about him being the reason Murphy isn’t playing anymore. Nobody calls him a thug. There’s a universal understanding that it was a footy accident, including from Collingwood fans.

An injury to a leg or sore shoulder for example is one thing. Impact injuries to a players abdomen are completely different given the potential serious injuries to kidneys, liver, lungs or spleen as we’ve seen with Petracca.

Do you really think players are honest with Dr’s in those situations .

To diagnose internal injuries on the run without scans etc is impossible and injuries like that are so rare that blame can’t be placed on the Dr for missing it

I saw kruger play vfl this year or last I can't remember, anyway who was that freo player the pies got with the treble clef. not treble clef, what's it called clef palate, curly hair what's his name oh god i can't remember. he does hair loss ads at the moment. anyway his 1st season in b&w was in the vfl and by god he copped it from over the fence. just horrible. every week. a million dollars and this is what we get blah blah blah. i mean geez. i really wanted to see him with that cup in 2018. anyway kruger copped a bit of that at vic park this year. that crowd really sux sometimes. anyway i feel like we say stuff but we don't do stuff, know what i mean, i mean really. if knowing is half the krump, what's the other half? i used to watch madtv all the time. have we got knobs? hmmm. i don't know, I'll put you through to the manager, his names mr p ness, can you say that back to me. no. well you almost said penis. do you think it's possible to fall in love through a store window? dermot got in a fight with the guy who signed the writ for the voice to parliament. i didn't witness it, but i was at the game. last year's granny that is. lions & pies fans must have been overjoyed that almost everyone involved in that referendum got seats. anyway i'm not a camel. but something happened at the granny that broke my back. on the scoreboard, right, I mean barely tolerable is the racial propaganda, the gender propaganda, the cashless, paperless nonsense, just about every facet of agenda 2030 was on display. the only things missing was meat still on the menu, and travel to the game from more than 15 minutes away still allowed. but get ready for that. probably why albo was there. wanted to see how the social engineering was coming along. anyway here's the tipping point, and alanis should've waited for this. the scoreboard switched to green energy, save the planet blah blah blah, and I look up, and the lights are on. under a cloudless sky the ******* lights are on. probably because 7 asked for it. isn't it ironic. don'tcha think. anyway the point of this monologue is that i haven't been to game since and i watched it today on telly and i've got a message for dees fans. here's some truth. you know jones? not the dees former captain. his brother who played for the swans. well he ended dane swans career. and you know natanui, well he ended levi greenwood's career. my point is this. you could waste your energy booing maynard, but my advice would be to get over that. players end other players careers. happens all the time. here's some more truth. the moment brayshaw decided he needed to wear a helmet is the moment he should have quit. he missed the moment. too bad for him. and 7 tried to reignite that fire. shame on them. after all the pregame goodwill the 7 team effortlessly revert to their vindictive selves. exploiting players. after 12 months of reconciliation they try to reignite it. i mean just crap. i put my back out recently, so the tv's a bit heavy for me right now. i guess i could have put my foot through it. i reckon i could have. just get over it. that's my advice. if brayshaw was here right now, what would he say? he'd say, knowing is half the krump.
Holy wall of text Batman. Sorry I had to give up on reading this rambling mess after the first few lines.

I saw kruger play vfl this year or last I can't remember, anyway who was that freo player the pies got with the treble clef. not treble clef, what's it called clef palate, curly hair what's his name oh god i can't remember. he does hair loss ads at the moment. anyway his 1st season in b&w was in the vfl and by god he copped it from over the fence. just horrible. every week. a million dollars and this is what we get blah blah blah. i mean geez. i really wanted to see him with that cup in 2018. anyway kruger copped a bit of that at vic park this year. that crowd really sux sometimes. anyway i feel like we say stuff but we don't do stuff, know what i mean, i mean really. if knowing is half the krump, what's the other half? i used to watch madtv all the time. have we got knobs? hmmm. i don't know, I'll put you through to the manager, his names mr p ness, can you say that back to me. no. well you almost said penis. do you think it's possible to fall in love through a store window? dermot got in a fight with the guy who signed the writ for the voice to parliament. i didn't witness it, but i was at the game. last year's granny that is. lions & pies fans must have been overjoyed that almost everyone involved in that referendum got seats. anyway i'm not a camel. but something happened at the granny that broke my back. on the scoreboard, right, I mean barely tolerable is the racial propaganda, the gender propaganda, the cashless, paperless nonsense, just about every facet of agenda 2030 was on display. the only things missing was meat still on the menu, and travel to the game from more than 15 minutes away still allowed. but get ready for that. probably why albo was there. wanted to see how the social engineering was coming along. anyway here's the tipping point, and alanis should've waited for this. the scoreboard switched to green energy, save the planet blah blah blah, and I look up, and the lights are on. under a cloudless sky the ******* lights are on. probably because 7 asked for it. isn't it ironic. don'tcha think. anyway the point of this monologue is that i haven't been to game since and i watched it today on telly and i've got a message for dees fans. here's some truth. you know jones? not the dees former captain. his brother who played for the swans. well he ended dane swans career. and you know natanui, well he ended levi greenwood's career. my point is this. you could waste your energy booing maynard, but my advice would be to get over that. players end other players careers. happens all the time. here's some more truth. the moment brayshaw decided he needed to wear a helmet is the moment he should have quit. he missed the moment. too bad for him. and 7 tried to reignite that fire. shame on them. after all the pregame goodwill the 7 team effortlessly revert to their vindictive selves. exploiting players. after 12 months of reconciliation they try to reignite it. i mean just crap. i put my back out recently, so the tv's a bit heavy for me right now. i guess i could have put my foot through it. i reckon i could have. just get over it. that's my advice. if brayshaw was here right now, what would he say? he'd say, knowing is half the krump.
Don't do drugs kids

What was it about him running along the boundary line, grimacing in pain and shaking his head in disappointment that made you think “yeah, he’s got a burning desire to get back out there”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coll supporters who wish to dismiss arguments that our flag was fluke, and we didn't deserve to win it.

All it shows me is that Geelong won the flag in 2022 and were that far ahead of the rest it wasn’t funny.

Collingwood won the comp last year and were the best team but it was a lot closer and you could have made an argument that all of the Prelim sides could have won the flag

All it shows me is that Geelong won the flag in 2022 and were that far ahead of the rest it wasn’t funny.

Collingwood won the comp last year and were the best team but it was a lot closer and you could have made an argument that all of the Prelim sides could have won the flag
Not really. We got very close to the Cats twice. Arguably should of won at least one of those. Just because they smoked you guys in the GF doesn't mean they were that far ahead of everyone

Not really. We got very close to the Cats twice. Arguably should have won at least one of those. Just because they smoked you guys in the GF doesn't mean they were that far ahead of everyone
We best you guys twice home and away . We were better than you .

Give it a spell. Everyone talks about dominance over a period. So I guess you've never heard the debate about Essendon being the best team over a 3 year period (1999 - 2001).
No one talks about dominance over a team finishing 4th , losing a prelim with a percentage of 104 before they have won 1 flag .

It starts at a flag and goes from there

Winners are grinners - you know the rest.

We could use any theory .

We finished above you on the ladder
We had a better percentage
We beat you at the MCG

And

We beat you in a Prelim and made the GF
You didn’t beat us at the MCG , both games were in Sydney.
I think your appalling performances in GF , clearly proved you were uncompetitive against Geel and therefore NOT a better team than Coll - given Geel was the benchmark and our finals performance against them was outstanding.

That’s why Geel supporters were celebrating after you won the PF, because they knew they weren’t facing the true contender - just the easy beats.

Last edited:
Why the **** are we even discussing 2022 now? The tangent anti-Collingwood legends go on to prove whatever point they are trying to make is inspiring sometimes
Because a Collingwood supporter bought up Collingwood were the best team ocer 2 years including 2022 .

It was not anyone Anti Collingwood that bought it up

Back