Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We were the best team over 2 seasons - that’s not even debatable.
We won the flag in a dominant performance where we had 10 more scoring shots. The scoreboard flattered the Lions.
You can deride our victory as being pure luck, but as the old saying goes - “luck is when preparation meets opportunity.”
In 2022 your percentage was 104. 2 % .

1 . Geelong’s was 144
2. Melbourne’s was 130
3. Sydney was 127
5.Fremantle was 117
6. Brisbane was 119
7.Richmond’s was 121
8.Bulldogs was 108

You had the lowest percentage of the top 8 so to say you were clearly the best side over 2 years is a bit of a myth

In 2022 your percentage was 104. 2 % .

1 . Geelong’s was 144
2. Melbourne’s was 130
3. Sydney was 127
5.Fremantle was 117
6. Brisbane was 119
7.Richmond’s was 121
8.Bulldogs was 108

You had the lowest percentage of the top 8 so to say you were clearly the best side over 2 years is a bit of a myth
Last time I checked final ladder position is a better metric - unless you think finals performance is irrelevant.
Anything else?

Last time I checked final ladder position is a better metric - unless you think finals performance is irrelevant.
Anything else?
You finished 4th with the lowest percentage in the 8 and won 1 final even after scoring a home final at the MCG for finishing 4th in the 1st week .

Laughable?

Do you consider Collingwood dominant last year?

Did they not fall over the line in many games, including finals?

Did they not have many bad patches during games that saw them give up relatively large leads throughout the season?
If you thought we fell over the line you weren't watching us last year.

Crazy that they sent him back out there. Desperate times.

Thats bad.

I saw Jason Dunstall and David King get into a debate regarding the doctors actions letting him back on the ground. Dunstall was adamant that the docs did nothing wrong and had Petraccas best interests at heart. Kingy disagreed. Hard to argue that now.

Last edited:
If you thought we fell over the line you weren't watching us last year.
Round 5: Beat St Kilda by six points
Round 7: Beat Adelaide by one point
Round 13: Lost to Melbourne by four points
Round 15: Beat Adelaide by two points
Round 19: Beat Port Adelaide by two points
Round 22: Beat Geelong by eight points
Qualifying Final: Beat Melbourne by seven points
Preliminary Final: Beat Greater Western Sydney by one point
Grand Final: Beat Brisbane by four points

That is not the record of a dominant team. Specifically the finals record.

A bad umpiring decision, an injury, a dodgy bounce, can literally be the difference between winning and losing games when they're that tight.

We've seen it probably a dozen times already this season! I mean shit, there were like 3 on Saturday alone!

Yeah no. Melbourne is a rabble. Collingwood weren't much chop today. Didn't impress me. It was simply just the dees doing what the dees do best. Squandering shots on goal for fun. And the pies were just kicking unrepeatable goals out of their butts from the fringiest of fringe players.
To be fair Collingwood didn't impress you when we won the flag. You seam bitter after most pie wins.

A bad umpiring decision, an injury, a dodgy bounce, can literally be the difference between winning and losing games when they're that tight.

We've seen it probably a dozen times already this season! I mean shit, there were like 3 on Saturday alone!
You still don't get it...... if you watched those games closely you might but I don't know even then if you would understand.

Thats bad.

I saw Jason Dunstall and David King get into a debate regarding the doctors actions letting him back on the ground. Dunstall was adamant that the docs did nothing wrong and had Petraccas best interests at heart. Kingy disagreed. Hard to argue that now.
This whole 'player's best interest at heart' shit needs to stop.

Or at least needs to be used in context. The context is not their health. The context is in their best interest as a footballer.

Last edited:
You finished 4th with the lowest percentage in the 8 and won 1 final even after scoring a home final at the MCG for finishing 4th in the 1st week .
Lost a Prelim by a kick due to a poor Umpiring decision. Lost to the grand finalist by a combined 11 points.

Which team had a better record than Coll over 2 years?

The “luck” debate is only used by the completely ignorant observers of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The “luck” debate is only used by the completely ignorant observers of the game.
He is suggesting that these games are all 50/50 games. Even if he had a slight clue about probablity he would understand how bad his logic is. He needs to flip a coin 9 times and only come up with tails one time. Let's see how long it would take him to get that result if he sat down and tried to do it. The chances are about 1 in 300.

Last edited:
So if Collingwood played slightly worse, the score wouldn't have been different in any of those games?

Is that what you're suggesting?
Watch the system we play in the close ones. The opposition rarely has a chance to win in all of these games. We get in front and lock them down. It almost completely negates their scoring. Even if they score we can switch back on our attacking game style and score again. Our 4th quarter fitness was second to none. We could just run over all of them. Statistically what you are suggesting is almost impossible. Logically there needs to be a system in place to achieve it.

Watch the system we play in the close ones. The opposition rarely has a chance to win in all of these games. We get in front and lock them down. It almost completely negates their scoring. Even if they score we can switch back on our attacking game style and score again. Our 4th quarter fitness was second to none. We could just run over all of them. Statistically what you are suggesting is almost impossible. Logically there needs to be a system in place to achieve it.
So as I said, if Collingwood were to drop off merely 2-3%, would that not be enough to have allowed the opposition to score just 1 more goal?

Compare this to say Geelong of 2007, or Hawthorn at their peak - would a 2-3% drop off have made a huge difference?

So as I said, if Collingwood were to drop off merely 2-3%, would that not be enough to have allowed the opposition to score just 1 more goal?

Compare this to say Geelong of 2007, or Hawthorn at their peak - would a 2-3% drop off have made a huge difference?
If we did "drop off" and let them kick a goal, then we would have switched our attacking game plan back on again and kicked another goal. Like in the grandfinal with about 5 minutes to go.
2022/23 Collingwood had gears they could engage and the grandfinal game with 5 minutes to go was just 1 of many times when this happened. Just because the score was close doesn't mean that they had a chance to win.
If you want to say that Geelong or Hawthorn premiership teams are better sides than 2023 Collingwood because they made the wins look easy, I have no issue with that. In fact I would agree. Our players as individuals are not the most talented.
I also agree that the games the pies played looked risky or even lucky but statistically when you win 17 out of 20 (just guessing) close ones it's not luck. It's statistically impossible for those games to be 50/50 games. But if you want to really understand what happened in these games go back and watch the last 5 minutes of them all. There is a method in the madness.

Last edited:

The fact that in nine of the ten games you mentioned, Collingwood actually won, makes it reasonably dominant.
Nine out of ten wins don't just happen mate!
There are systems, playing minutes, doing what is required at particular times in the game.

If you cannot comprehend that, then perhaps you may need to learn a little more about football, as it is more than "get ball, kick ball"

If we did "drop off" and let them kick a goal, then we switched our attacking game plan on again and kicked another goal. Like in the grandfinal with about 5 minutes to go.
But if they did drop off 2-3%, could they kick that goal that they needed to get back in front?

When you're literally winning by games by a couple of points, there's very little margin for error.

If we did "drop off" and let them kick a goal, then we switched our attacking game plan on again and kicked another goal. Like in the grandfinal with about 5 minutes to go.
2023/23 Collingwood had gears they could engage and the grandfinal game with 5 minutes to go was just 1 of many times when this happened. Just because the score is close doesn't mean that they had a chance to win.
If you want to say that Geelong or Hawthorn premiership teams are better sides then 2023 Collingwood because they made the wins look easy, I have no issue with that. If fact I would agree. Our players as individuals are not the most talented.
I also agree the games the pies played looked risky or even lucky but statistically when you win 17 out of 20 (just guessing) close ones it's not luck. It's statistically impossible for those games to be 50/50 games. But if you want to really understand what happened in these games go back and watch the last 5 minutes of them all. There is a method in the madness.
Every good team has gears they can go through . Most good teams don’t need to do it each week though because they put games away early .

The fact that in nine of the ten games you mentioned, Collingwood actually won, makes it reasonably dominant.
Nine out of ten wins don't just happen mate!
There are systems, playing minutes, doing what is required at particular times in the game.

If you cannot comprehend that, then perhaps you may need to learn a little more about football, as it is more than "get ball, kick ball"
So what happened in the game they lost?

So what happened in the game they lost?
That really says a lot about your mindset.

I see 9 games out of 10 that were won and you see 1 game out of 10 that was lost.
You are struggling so badly to find any quality reference for your narrative, that you must put that up as your argument.

There is no way to find a negative in winning 9 out of 10 games including a GF but you are trying to.

Wow my friend, just wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG) The BIG Freeze

Back